Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 04:17:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BTC-Traders a scam?  (Read 1082 times)
sid1973 (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 06:35:20 PM

Has anybody had any experience with BTC-Traders.  The 5% daily compounded interest on your Bitcoin deposit seems almost too good to be true.  Any information you all have is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 06:42:20 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2016, 01:15:21 AM by cpfreeplz

Use your judgement (as it seems you already have). 5% daily compounding will never be sustainable. It doesn't matter what business they're claiming they're in. If there's no info on what they invest in then it's even more obvious  that it's just a ponzi.
sid1973 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 06:52:14 PM

A Ponzi scheme crossed my mind too.  They claim to be currency investors with a London address.  The IP address comes up as Continent: Europe and Country: Russian Federation.
Bemerand

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 11:18:49 AM

Any site offers 1% daily interest is a scam. No investment in this world can offer that sort of rate for long term.

88.36255237114% of all ICO's are SCAMS
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 08:28:08 PM

A bitcoin service offering 5% a year can't be trusted unless they provide some very compelling info and there is nowhere legit offering anywhere near that. Do you even need to ask about 5% a day?
senyorito123

Activity: 1764
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 01:48:09 PM

Has anybody had any experience with BTC-Traders.  The 5% daily compounded interest on your Bitcoin deposit seems almost too good to be true.  Any information you all have is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

All hyip is ponzi schemed and if you invest in that your into big risk to lose big money and surely it will turn someday  but i think it has a problem now i see a complain that their withdrawal is pending and i dont know that he resolve his issie but all i want to say is beware of hyips.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 03:44:17 PM

A bitcoin service offering 5% a year can't be trusted unless they provide some very compelling info and there is nowhere legit offering anywhere near that. Do you even need to ask about 5% a day?

It's not paying out an interest rate of 5% a day. 5% compounding daily is 5% a year but the interest is calculated daily (whereas a typical mortgage is semi-annually).

Example: I have $1000 in an investment and it earns 5% a year, compounding annually. After 10 years I have $1628.89. If the interest compounds daily though, I would have $1648.66.

Use this formula for calculating future values:

FV = PV (1 + i) ^ n

FV = Future Value
PM = Present Value
i = Interest Rate
n = Number of compounding periods

When you're doing calculations for daily interest you take the rate of 5% (a year) divided by 365 (or 365.24 for the most accurate answer, as that's the actual length of the year) so 5 / 365 = 0.0136986301369

FV = 1000 (1 + 5) ^ 0.0136986301369

Follow BEDMAS (or grab a scientific calculator) and voila.

Now I do need to point out that 5% a year guaranteed is still very high (compared to bank/GIC rates at the moment) and I wouldn't trust it.
Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 02:12:13 AM

seems shady with those returns

kinda like the gambling sites (touts) where the claim to win
like 80% - chances are they win 40% lol

all marketing schemes to get your cash

BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:38:55 AM

A Ponzi scheme crossed my mind too.  They claim to be currency investors with a London address.  The IP address comes up as Continent: Europe and Country: Russian Federation.

If you can see Russian Federation, then I can tell you with 100% rate is a ponzi scam, in the end the Russians will take your money and have a nice vacation in a warm place. They , the Russians are top rated in operating scam business like topmine actual ponzi scam running, hashprofit, ended soon within 6 months and they got away with investors money. This 5% together with IP from Russian (means its runned by Russians) should give you a lot of warnings, so far no legit business in the btc world from Russians, except that exchange of btc-e (your address can be hacked easily if you don't protect yourself).
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 06:40:26 AM

For any wealth related services, if it is too good to be true, it usually is, unless you are talking about Exchange Traded Funds, those shits usually get profits for long term investments of at least 10 years

sid1973 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 09:14:14 PM

Thanks everybody for the information.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: