Bitcoin Forum
August 22, 2024, 08:24:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Pishing] biockchaiin.info  (Read 344 times)
Chucu (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 05:24:28 AM

Hello everybody,

I was trying to contact the admins of [Suspicious link removed] but finding no answers I tried with the old method of looking up on Google.
What I found shocked me, a pishing website brought to the top of the list thanks to Adserve or adsense or whatever.

The fake website is triple w biockchaiin.info, and obvious attempt to mimick the web wallet provider [Suspicious link removed]. It's not even good at that, but I regard it as a serious issue nonetheless.

I'd like to prevent damage to as much people as possible, and I don't know any better place to inform about this.
I don't use web wallets, but many other users (particularly those distracted and less tech savvy) could be in danger.

Thanks.
bittraffic

Activity: 3024
Merit: 617

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 05:26:23 AM

Hello everybody,

I was trying to contact the admins of [Suspicious link removed] but finding no answers I tried with the old method of looking up on Google.
What I found shocked me, a pishing website brought to the top of the list thanks to Adserve or adsense or whatever.

The fake website is triple w biockchaiin.info, and obvious attempt to mimick the web wallet provider [Suspicious link removed]. It's not even good at that, but I regard it as a serious issue nonetheless.

I'd like to prevent damage to as much people as possible, and I don't know any better place to inform about this.
I don't use web wallets, but many other users (particularly those distracted and less tech savvy) could be in danger.

Thanks.

can't they be tracked due to their domain registrars / hosting companies?

Chucu (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 06:27:28 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2016, 06:38:09 AM by Chucu

All I can do is a puny who.is lookup. Not much to work from that.

edit: I got in touch with blockchain support. They are going to take care of it from this point onwards. I'll lock this thread, I guess?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: