Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:17:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Project concept: PvP gaming platform where players play for bitcoin.  (Read 1446 times)
hatshepsut93 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 10:04:38 AM

There are lots of people who bet on their chess games at almost any city park, so lets expand this idea to the bitcoin!

The website would serve as a platform for fair, 100% skill based, PvP games where players bet their coins on themselves and the platform gets some % of winners profit. An easy example of such game would be chess, although the chess itself would be very bad, because of chess AI's. Also organizators can create tournaments with a prize pool formed by entry tickets.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Financial_Genius

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 10:37:10 AM

Also it can be Checkers, Sea Battle, the card game "fool", dominoes, etc.
hatshepsut93 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 11:00:38 AM

Also it can be Checkers, Sea Battle, the card game "fool", dominoes, etc.

Since this project is a sort of gambling, games where AI's compared to human players exist are not eligible for this platform, because it will quickly turn into bot vs bot games, so Checkers don't fit here.

Card games involve rng element - card draw, so it must be provably fair.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
ThirstyMoon

Activity: 321

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 03:22:41 PM

It will be cool if a PvP platform with bitcoin bets can be implemented for games like: FIFA 16, NBA 2K16, NFL, NHL, etc.

There are already a lot of people playing them and many would certainly embrace the idea of winning cash while demolishing the opposition.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3409

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 03:55:51 PM

I really like the way this is going but how about lets make it a bit more fun. You mentioned on your second post, skill based and since your looking for a PvP, then why don't you go with a FPS games, something more like a 1 on 1 match mode and also with group matches, if your aware of game "WarRock" then that would be my suggestion. Instead of dinars being used on it, BTCitcoin would be the official money of the game, although I do understand it requires a lot of works but surely would be the best thing ever.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 04:17:49 PM

Good idea i really want PvP games.. i think try battle tank if you remember the old games battle tank in nintendo.. i want is the same just like that but the enemy is real people not a computer.. also the game racing battle.. its easy to battle the game like that..dont need low ping games?.
You can try Lol league of legends and dota2 this very popular game.. if you can make a site that world wide battle and accepting bitcoin as bet.. so it would be popular in the future..
I am addicted in league of legend too.. so that if you make a games like that can accept bitcoin bet.. maybe i am the one who will play with bet..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Financial_Genius

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 04:56:19 PM

Good idea i really want PvP games.. i think try battle tank if you remember the old games battle tank in nintendo.. i want is the same just like that but the enemy is real people not a computer.. also the game racing battle.. its easy to battle the game like that..dont need low ping games?.
You can try Lol league of legends and dota2 this very popular game.. if you can make a site that world wide battle and accepting bitcoin as bet.. so it would be popular in the future..
I am addicted in league of legend too.. so that if you make a games like that can accept bitcoin bet.. maybe i am the one who will play with bet..

Or CS : GO
immangrace

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 05:02:03 PM

How are you going to implement it?

Is it a coding platform where programmers learn the platform to code a gambling program?

or

Is it a ready to implement scripts to install and run a gambling website?

hatshepsut93 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 11:41:11 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2016, 11:57:18 PM by hatshepsut93

It will be cool if a PvP platform with bitcoin bets can be implemented for games like: FIFA 16, NBA 2K16, NFL, NHL, etc.

There are already a lot of people playing them and many would certainly embrace the idea of winning cash while demolishing the opposition.

Or CS : GO

I don't know if there's a way to make automated system for selfbetting on popular esports games like LoL. Dota2. CS:GO. There are public servers with public matchhistory of every players, so maybe it's possible.

A bad idea in my opinion, unless you get the strongest anti bot script. Any skill-based game is subject to cheating and if money is involved you can take it for granted.

Maybe a luck-based PvP. Anyway, what have you got so far?, just the idea? (have you thought about the marketing, how will the money be made, etc.?)

I clearly understand that, maybe it can be prevented with game rotations - each 2-3 months there are 5 new games instead of previous ones with rules complicated enough so making and AI would take longer than that.

It's just the idea for now, I wanted to hear what people think, thanks for all replies!

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Uptrenda

Activity: 114
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 12:09:57 AM

Huge coincidence OP: I had the exact same idea a few weeks ago to build a betting platform for game tournaments, but mostly forgot about it. The idea would be to provide the means for gamers to organize or join these tournaments, with the ultimate aim of winning Bitcoins staked by other players. Every game would have a moderator who recorded the match and watched for signs of cheating so that players could be guaranteed the result was fair.

I have some time on my hands at the moment and I'd be interested in developing a simple prototype based on something like bootstrap and Bitpay integration. My main skills are in programming and not design though - so chances are whatever design I come up with will look bad (but hey - it will work.)

If there's anyone here with solid skills in UX design, marketing, or fund raising I'd be interested in teaming up.
hatshepsut93 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 12:33:02 AM

Huge coincidence OP: I had the exact same idea a few weeks ago to build a betting platform for game tournaments, but mostly forgot about it. The idea would be to provide the means for gamers to organize or join these tournaments, with the ultimate aim of winning Bitcoins staked by other players. Every game would have a moderator who recorded the match and watched for signs of cheating so that players could be guaranteed the result was fair.

I have some time on my hands at the moment and I'd be interested in developing a simple prototype based on something like bootstrap and Bitpay integration. My main skills are in programming and not design though - so chances are whatever design I come up with will look bad (but hey - it will work.)

If there's anyone here with solid skills in UX design, marketing, or fund raising I'd be interested in teaming up.

Well, moderator who watch for signs of cheating is a bad idea, since it requieres a huge amount of trust from players and still it's impossible to prove that someone is cheating in games like chess, the only argument would be "you are too good, must be a bot". The games should be designed in a way that doesn't leave any space to AI's compared to human players.

Sadly, I don't have yet any programming or visual design skills, but I would like to try myself at game design and marketing. I've spent many years playing online games and I like to analyze their mechanics and balance. 

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Uptrenda

Activity: 114
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 01:28:22 AM

Well, moderator who watch for signs of cheating is a bad idea, since it requieres a huge amount of trust from players and still it's impossible to prove that someone is cheating in games like chess, the only argument would be "you are too good, must be a bot". The games should be designed in a way that doesn't leave any space to AI's compared to human players.

Sadly, I don't have yet any programming or visual design skills, but I would like to try myself at game design and marketing. I've spent many years playing online games and I like to analyze their mechanics and balance. 

Anything you create is going to require a huge amount of trust anyway: either in the platform or the person overseeing games. It's unavoidable, but the risks can still be minimized by using OpenBazar-style escrow with multi-sig. Regarding cheating: many online games have very good anti-cheating systems in place and remain quite hard to create color clickers for. I think it could work and think games like COD give you a huge amount of statistics on past battles so this could further help to create anti-cheating algorithms for online play.

I suppose if you wanted to be 100% sure -- you could make the platform a peer-to-peer system for doing meet-ups IRL for tournaments. The environment would be controlled so cheating wouldn't an issue there.
Lyian

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 07:04:18 PM

Today posted by me: PVPplay.com
Pvp based gaming platform in prebeta

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1459718.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: