Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:02:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why isn't someone at BFL cancelling and refunding my order? Son has Cancer!!!!!!  (Read 4302 times)
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 08:33:46 AM

cancer bites.   My father in law is in remission from liver cancer for 6 years now.   The bill (estimated) to get us to this point has been about $330,000.   Not a disease for the poor.

sent from my X6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bemtje (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 10:29:25 PM

cancer bites.   My father in law is in remission from liver cancer for 6 years now.   The bill (estimated) to get us to this point has been about $330,000.   Not a disease for the poor.

My problem is I only make $53k a year, and I'm a single father. But I'll tell you for sure that being able to afford the treatment definitely isn't the first thing on my mind.  Cry I wouldn't wish this situation on my worst enemies.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2013, 10:38:49 PM

My problem is I only make $53k a year, and I'm a single father. But I'll tell you for sure that being able to afford the treatment definitely isn't the first thing on my mind.  Cry I wouldn't wish this situation on my worst enemies.

Insurance?
Bemtje (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 10:44:22 PM

They don't cover everything if you want the top notch care.... Plus taking time off work, etc etc.

Fuck, sorry don't want to talk about it.  Cry
bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 10:54:46 PM

I've yet to hear of BFL not honoring any refund, so just calm down, and give them a chance. What dates did you send them those 3 emails?

Hey Crazyates, you still haven't let on how much BFL are paying you?..

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 10:57:50 PM

Oh, yes. I heard being sick in US is insanely expensive compared to the rest of the world. Good luck and see if you can sell your pre-order to someone for more.

Signature space available for rent.
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 01:00:32 AM

Indeed it is.   It's not much less if you want middle to upper tier care though in many other places as well.   The difference between private rooms and rooms where there are 8 other people in the ward for example can make a big difference when they give you the bill (but it also makes a big difference in how much rest you get as well... not to mention the emotional toll if someone in the same ward dies while you're there for example). 

Smiley

sent from my X6
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 01:21:38 AM

They don't cover everything if you want the top notch care.... Plus taking time off work, etc etc.

Fuck, sorry don't want to talk about it.  Cry

I understand you might not want to talk about it with us, but I strongly recommend you talk about it with other parents who have walked this path already.  Your idea of taking out a second mortgage might not be the best plan of action if you're going to need to take any significant amount of unpaid time off work.  Other parents can also give you an idea of what things it's worth spending extra money on out of pocket and what things it isn't.

There are organisations whose sole purpose for existing is to help parents in your situation access services you probably don't even realise are out there.  The social worker at the medical facility where your son will be receiving treatment should be able to hook you up with all kinds of help, both practical and emotional.

If your employer is a large company, look into whether they allow donation of leave time by other employees.  Some companies allow this and it can be extremely useful for helping people maintain an income when they would otherwise have no choice but to take unpaid leave.  Talk to your company and see what employee welfare programmes they have which might be able to help you.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2013, 01:56:51 AM

You're in luck! Since you're in Canada, 70% of the cost will be picked by the government, and that's if you don't have insurance which most employers do have for their employees, therefore cost is probably your least worries.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2013, 02:15:10 PM

You're in luck! Since you're in Canada, 70% of the cost will be picked by the government, and that's if you don't have insurance which most employers do have for their employees, therefore cost is probably your least worries.

Canada picks up 100% of the cost of healthcare.  The only costs the OP will have are medication, and losing income due to missed work.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2013, 05:54:06 PM

Canada picks up 100% of the cost of healthcare.  The only costs the OP will have are medication, and losing income due to missed work.

That can't be, for if true it would negate the premise of the OP.

Color me confused!
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 06:58:35 PM

It's not much less if you want middle to upper tier care though in many other places as well. 

From what I looked up and heard a day in a US hospital costs somewhere in the range of $3000-5000 and that is excluding the costs of operations etc. If I am wrong about the numbers please correct me.
The same costs $80-150 in Poland and $250 for upper tier care in a private hospital.

Signature space available for rent.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 10:24:45 PM

I was under the impression that the exact arrangements vary by province in Canada.

Also, here in Australia we have both single payer (medical costs) and universal (hospital costs) healthcare but there are circumstances under which you might choose to go private and incur additional costs - either because you want to use a particular doctor and that doctor charges more than the government pays for a specific service or because you can get a particular procedure done faster by using the private system.

Again, the best way to get an idea of actual out of pocket costs is to talk to parents who've trodden this path before.  For things not covered by the government, cancer organisations often subsidise the cost to some extent.  The worst possible time to find out the cost of something isn't covered by the government is when you need it right now.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
hamdi

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 10:37:24 PM

Will you be that putting that money back into the btcjam listing you have active for an ASIC unit?

wtf is btcjam?

then i found this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117725.msg1442584#msg1442584

i was just about to donate something but now i am irritated.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2013, 12:10:39 AM

Good catch.

Looks like anyone who donated got scammed.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
hamdi

Activity: 826

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 12:13:58 AM

Will you be that putting that money back into the btcjam listing you have active for an ASIC unit?

wtf is btcjam?

then i found this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117725.msg1442584#msg1442584

i was just about to donate something but now i am irritated.

just to quote before he deletes it on that thread...
'I want to link my Bitcointalk name with BTCJam's. Verification code: 59bf0229-87bd-4010-a61c-1606123d14b7'
hardcore-fs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2013, 06:49:07 AM

He sounds like a scammer, not the way an adult with a cancer stricken 4 year old would talk.

sorry........

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
Brunic

Activity: 632

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 07:33:29 AM

He sounds like a scammer, not the way an adult with a cancer stricken 4 year old would talk.

sorry........

He is a scammer. You can't go bankrupt from medical bills in our country, since we have free healthcare. He's from Canada, check his post history.

*EDIT*
Just saw that it's in his signature too. I know Americans could fall for this scam, maybe a mod should intervene?

I'm in Manitoba, Canada. Our Hydroelectricity is a touch under $0.07 / KW/h

I've got Belkin Insight power consumption meteres on all 14 rigs. They total about 12 Kilowatts.

So according to my math

$0.07 X 12 = $0.84 / hr X 24 = $20.16 a day

But to power the whole house, I'm averaging $250 a month. Is my meter broken? lol Or am I terrible at math?
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 07:41:59 AM

Fucking bullshit!! I was really sad when i read this fucking post! What a dick. I looked at my 3 year old son and was thinking about my grandmother who died from cancer a few years back. What a piece of shit!! This is why there needs to be a flag button to apply scammer tags. The mods cant catch it all and guys like this need to go some where. His post is still up wtf! others may only read the first half and donate. 
hardcore-fs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2013, 07:57:44 AM

Yep, My mother also recently contracted cancer, but as she said, at nearly 80 she has had a good run.
 it's life that there are significant numbers of scum bags willing to take advantage of such situations.

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: