Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:41:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why isn't someone at BFL cancelling and refunding my order? Son has Cancer!!!!!!  (Read 4302 times)
Bemtje (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 01:43:16 AM

I've sent three e-mails so far, with no response. I don't want to wait until April or may to receive my unit, but most importantly my 4 year old son has been diagnosed with Leukemia! Treatment isn't cheap,,,, I'm gonna have to take out a second mortgage and it still won't cover the costs. I need my $1,333 refunded ASAP. Please.

Also, I'm not really one to ask people for anything, but my son's life is at stake here. If any of you would be so kind enough to send me donations to help pay for treatment, I would greatly appreciate it and never forget the assistance I may receive. Sad

Sorry, I'm just an emotional wreck right now and I need to vent!!  Angry Angry Angry Angry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Bemtje (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 01:45:11 AM

Sorry, I moved this to the proper subforum......  Cry
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 01:53:18 AM

You're better off selling your pre-order. You'll get at least 3 times your money back immediately.

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 05:16:42 AM

I've yet to hear of BFL not honoring any refund, so just calm down, and give them a chance. What dates did you send them those 3 emails?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Homebrewman

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 05:23:47 AM

Just curious, when is your pre-order for?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2013, 05:28:15 AM

I've sent three e-mails so far, with no response. I don't want to wait until April or may to receive my unit, but most importantly my 4 year old son has been diagnosed with Leukemia! Treatment isn't cheap,,,, I'm gonna have to take out a second mortgage and it still won't cover the costs. I need my $1,333 refunded ASAP. Please.

Also, I'm not really one to ask people for anything, but my son's life is at stake here. If any of you would be so kind enough to send me donations to help pay for treatment, I would greatly appreciate it and never forget the assistance I may receive. Sad

Sorry, I'm just an emotional wreck right now and I need to vent!!  Angry Angry Angry Angry Cry Cry Cry Cry

I'm sure Josh or Jody will be right on top of this first thing tomorrow, bud. Hang tight.

I'll even PM Josh for you with a link to this thread.

Later, bud.

~Bruno K~
stergium

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 07:06:23 AM

in case this is true (you'll have to forgive my disbelief ) , i wish your son get well as soon as possible.
From my experience with bfl is that communication isnt that fast. My last e-mail took them 6 days to reply. I havent seen a situation where a refund is not honored.
now.. in that remote possibility of you lying about something like that for a "quick refund" or something... you are just [......- lot of words come into mind-....]
Bemtje (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 12:18:29 PM

You're better off selling your pre-order. You'll get at least 3 times your money back immediately.

Sorry, I was just in panic mode. I'm worrying about my son too much. Worst case scenario I'll file a PayPal dispute.

Thanks for the support and donations people... I greatly appreciate it....
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 12:20:18 PM

Sorry, I was just in panic mode. I'm worrying about my son too much. Worst case scenario I'll file a PayPal dispute.

Seriously, contact Josh.  I'm sure he'll personally expedite this for you.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Bemtje (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 12:22:16 PM

in case this is true (you'll have to forgive my disbelief ) , i wish your son get well as soon as possible.
From my experience with bfl is that communication isnt that fast. My last e-mail took them 6 days to reply. I havent seen a situation where a refund is not honored.
now.. in that remote possibility of you lying about something like that for a "quick refund" or something... you are just [......- lot of words come into mind-....]

Well the first reply I got took a matter of less than a few hours, and all she did was post a link to the shipping status update page. Then I sent another stating I want it cancelled, then the next day another, and still no response...

But like I said, I'm a wreck right now and I can't think rationally sometimes.
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 03:20:25 PM

Well the first reply I got took a matter of less than a few hours, and all she did was post a link to the shipping status update page. Then I sent another stating I want it cancelled, then the next day another, and still no response...

i had my refunded order within 24 hours. use the contact form on their website and remember that BFL cant even be bothered to post updates, so you're sure as shit not going to get weekend responses from them.
Bemtje (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 03:33:02 PM

Seriously, contact Josh.  I'm sure he'll personally expedite this for you.

Thanks for the tip. I will do that after working my overtime shift. :/
Bemtje (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 07:12:14 PM

Thank you BFL! My refund is on its way. And my Apologies for being a dick, I'm just going through tough times right.now, as any parent here can imagine....
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3083

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2013, 07:24:10 PM

Just remember that life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it.

You can't change what is happening, but don't make yourself sick as well with anxiety.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Bemtje (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 07:26:43 PM

Good advice, I'll keep that in mind. However something on this scale makes is much easier said than done.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 11:01:42 PM

Good advice, I'll keep that in mind. However something on this scale makes is much easier said than done.

You haven't asked for advice but I'm going to give you some anyway.  Hook up with some childhood leukaemia support groups.  Thousands of parents have trodden this path before you and their insight and support will be invaluable.  They can link you up with the best organisations to give you practical assistance - and there are very many for childhood cancers - as well.

You cannot help your son if you don't take care of yourself.  Your priorities will be changed by this and a lot of things will now seem unimportant, but don't let taking care of yourself slip to the bottom of the list.  Now, more than ever, you still need to laugh and smile and have fun.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
wingsuit

Activity: 64

2100 trillion sats baby

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 04:35:02 AM

Will you be that putting that money back into the btcjam listing you have active for an ASIC unit?

FLY
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2013, 05:29:55 AM

Will you be that putting that money back into the btcjam listing you have active for an ASIC unit?

Link?
Bemtje (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 01:02:00 PM

wtf is btcjam?
Bemtje (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 01:09:31 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2013, 01:26:09 PM by Bemtje

Oh fuck, nevermind.... I know whats going on now.

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse. FUCK!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: