Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:38:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Honesty is the best policy ???  (Read 1298 times)
ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 12:12:14 PM

Yeah definitely.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16661

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2016, 01:06:50 PM

No! People lie all the time, lying is simply part of social interaction.
Try being honest to everybody: "you stink, your kids are ugly, what's wrong with your hair, I want to have sex with your girlfriend, etc. etc." ... Many people don't appreciate honesty, because honesty is often just plain rude.
So we lie. Kids learn it at a young age, the trick is to teach them when it is okay and when it isn't okay.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 05:43:36 PM

Do you think that honesty is a best policy in every field?

No. If you want to survive, you need a big amount of honesty, a small number of lies and the ability to find out the amount of honesty is needed for certain situation.

And besides, blondes are blondes.

50 years ago, if the blond was a guy, they'd call him a liar for keeping his hair that way. Nowadays it doesn't matter so much.

If the blonde makes you think of a girl, you'd only be disappointed, and a little upset with yourself because of your naivety, if you found out she was a guy.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2016, 05:56:22 PM

Try being honest to everybody: "you stink, your kids are ugly, what's wrong with your hair, I want to have sex with your girlfriend, etc. etc." ... Many people don't appreciate honesty, because honesty is often just plain rude.
So we lie. Kids learn it at a young age, the trick is to teach them when it is okay and when it isn't okay.

Um... if someone stinks then tell him or not. No lie needed. I would kick anyone out who lies clearly to me on such matter. So in practice say it if you are near him or don't mention it. No lie needed. With ugly kids... why say something at all? He can't change anything with it. And if he asks then say something diplomatic... like "That child has nice hair" or whatever. If you can't find anything say that you don't want to answer, do as you did not hear the question and speak about something different or say something like that there are prettier ones at worst. No need to lie. In fact I would assume a parent would know the truth and such question would be a test about your character. Brownnose or honest person.

Your girlfriend should be happy if you ask her what she did with your hair and there are so many ways to say something that you won't offend.

I wonder why this black white view is seen by some on that topic.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 07:13:59 PM

Um... if someone stinks then tell him or not. No lie needed. I would kick anyone out who lies clearly to me on such matter. So in practice say it if you are near him or don't mention it. No lie needed. With ugly kids... why say something at all? He can't change anything with it. And if he asks then say something diplomatic... like "That child has nice hair" or whatever. If you can't find anything say that you don't want to answer, do as you did not hear the question and speak about something different or say something like that there are prettier ones at worst. No need to lie. In fact I would assume a parent would know the truth and such question would be a test about your character. Brownnose or honest person.

Your girlfriend should be happy if you ask her what she did with your hair and there are so many ways to say something that you won't offend.

I wonder why this black white view is seen by some on that topic.

This is a good question. Even black and white screens show gray, which she will be in a few years. Or is she a liar by coloring her hair?

Cheesy Grin Cheesy

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2016, 08:26:02 PM

This is a good question. Even black and white screens show gray, which she will be in a few years. Or is she a liar by coloring her hair?

Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Yeah... colorful live I guess. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Though I guess trying to look better can't be seen as a lie. Otherwise shaving your beard would be a lie too. Cheesy

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 06:11:57 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2016, 07:40:33 PM by dippididodaday

Do you think that honesty is a best policy in every field?

In the field of "law" many times I think honesty will cause trouble for you and if your life is troublesome already even more trouble for you, which is really very sad.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: