Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:21:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Honesty is the best policy ???  (Read 1298 times)
Oralmat (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 08:02:55 AM

Do you think that honesty is a best policy in every field?
Kiritsugu
Legendary

Activity: 1570
Merit: 1041

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 03:09:30 AM

For me I suppose it depends on the degree of the situation.  In most, if not close to all scenarios, I find myself telling the truth, even if it would mean causing trouble for myself.  For me, any potential trouble I might find myself in is far easier to handle than the guilt.

Personally, if I were to lie about something even remotely important, guilt is not only a mental ailment, but also physical.  I quite literally feel sick to my stomach and can't eat or sleep.  That being said, for something like a "white lie", or lying about something small that could in no way hurt anyone, that's do-able.

Everyone sort of handles honesty their own way.  You'll meet people like myself that are guilt-ridden if they lie, people that can lie and feel no guilt, or people that feel the guilt but push through it.  As for myself, I'll stick with honesty.  I personally identify it as one of my stronger qualities as a human.
davis196

Activity: 2982
Merit: 914

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:27:37 AM

Honesty is indeed the best policy.
Try to be honest,even if you deal with liars...

Gohs

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

send &receive money instantly with no hidden cost

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:02:56 AM

Honesty gives you peace of mind when you want to sleep at night.

nygaar

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:16:19 AM

Honesty is important, but to be 100% honest is very difficult.
capedbaldy

Activity: 831
Merit: 286

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 12:10:42 PM

yes honesty is best policy but of course depends on situation

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

tiffyroman

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 12:34:35 PM

In most cases, this is the best. However, honesty is not always a white thing to do. At some point, being too honest can be bad and dark.
Honesty therefore is best at gray area. We should be honest, but not too honest. It's kind of a complicated thing. But that's what makes us humans. We are the ones capable of distinguishing the white/gray/dark areas of being honest as AIs can't (with the current technology).
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 02:11:11 PM

Honesty is the best policy, but forthrightness isn't necessarily the best idea.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
dongchi

Activity: 149

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 12:55:25 AM

Honesty is not the best policy. If you always tell the truth, everyone will know your privacy and secrets.

▬▬▬▬▬▬ BeOne ICO  ■ Blockchain revolutionizes education ■ BeOne ICO ▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread Facebook Telegram Twitter
■ ICO on September 7 ■ Bonus up to 50%
dang thi bich thuy

Activity: 381

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 03:33:28 AM

Honesty is the best policy be true, stay true, honesty is best for you!!!

My first point is building trust. If someone has trust in you they're more likely to rely on you. If someone asked you a question they'll expect an honest answer. If you are not honest then people will never ever truly trust you! Honesty also builds strong relationships. When someone owns a shp they have to be an honest owner. For example a jewellry shop owner, you go and ask him/her a jade necklace. He gives you one and you pay a lot of money for it and when you get home you find out that necklace is plastic! You know this owner is not a trusted owner. Definetly I won't be going to that shop again. Someone could even complain to the cops and the owner of the shop couldget fired!
Oralmat (OP)

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:13:21 PM

Honesty gives you peace of mind when you want to sleep at night.

Absolutely right, if you are honest for eveyone, so you feel soft and happy in your heart.
ubitcoin

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 06:37:32 AM

It depends upon time, situation, and  condition to be  honest or  not to live in this 21st century,  Cheesy Smiley
danel

Activity: 217

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 05:38:10 AM

Honesty is good thing but show of honesty is not good and not always the best policy.
voanquan

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 12:12:57 PM

Honesty is the best policy Huh Sure true. Everyone will happy if all honesty.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 06:59:50 PM

Ask me as escrow... Cheesy and I would say dishonesty is deadly.

In real life living with other persons... you don't need to tell something that you don't want to tell so speaking around it is fine.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
zzbitcoin

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 01:56:34 AM

Honesty will not all lead to good things. There are some things that are simply not to be revealed for the good of many.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 10:16:45 AM

too much honesty will get you killed

not everyone is sane, some people are absolute psychos

never forget that!
Mike8

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 03:41:35 PM

No. If you want to survive, you need a big amount of honesty, a small number of lies and the ability to find out the amount of honesty is needed for certain situation.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2016, 06:02:56 PM

No. If you want to survive, you need a big amount of honesty, a small number of lies and the ability to find out the amount of honesty is needed for certain situation.

That's great... though in fact lying is saying something you know is wrong. In most scenarious you can speak around lying. Well, in case you are the business man with others depending on you that would not be advisable. Honesty is key there to keep your trust.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Bitcoinbee

Activity: 84

www.lunarbets.eu Bitcoin*Sports*Betting

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 10:35:13 AM

That's great... though in fact lying is saying something you know is wrong. In most scenarious you can speak around lying. Well, in case you are the business man with others depending on you that would not be advisable. Honesty is key there to keep your trust.

honesty could be the best tool or guideline to set a better relationship in a business that would, lets say last longer than the usual?  anyway its still the best but sometimes a little lie would bind a huge amount of honesty... hehe just kidding

The world's best bitcoin sports betting site!
https://www.lunarbets.eu/
Lunarbets.eu - Bitcoin Sports Betting $ Bet on your favorite sports team against other players $
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: