Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:03:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoinin - Buy All Kinds of Stuff With Bitcoin  (Read 3606 times)
Bitcoinin (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2013, 02:20:49 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2013, 11:25:48 PM by Bitcoinin

In November, Bitcoinin launched a beta site selling books for Bitcoin - we were tired of not being able to use Bitcoin directly to purchase day-to-day goods and wanted to see if there were others in the Bitcoin community who wanted the same kind of service.  We liked the response we got, so today we're officially launching with a huge number of new products and a new site.  We currently carry a variety of food, beverage, personal care, book, movie, electronics, and adult products and are adding new products daily based upon demand and requests from customers.  We've been negotiating with our suppliers and are able to offer competitive pricing on almost all product categories with some products having the lowest prices on the internet.

We hope the Bitcoin community is excited about this as we are - we're just a small startup so, for example, we're still ramping up our shipping operation and building our on-hand stock which means we aren't offering expedited domestic American delivery yet until we can execute on a faster turnaround.  We're putting a lot of time and effort into making this site and service the best shopping experience possible, though, and we're planning on growing with the growth of the Bitcoin community.  Thank you to all of the customers who purchased books during our beta phase and we're looking forward to providing both existing and new customers the products they're looking to purchase at competitive prices with top-notch customer service.

http://www.bitcoinin.com/

Want to know more about where we're coming from?  Check out the "Bitcoinin Beliefs" link in the news.

Have any suggestions?  Problems with the site?  Not seeing a particular product you'd like to purchase for Bitcoin?  Let us know!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wormbog

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 02:33:23 PM

Store looks great!!
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2013, 02:36:06 PM

Great shop !
Your product line up is impressive.
The shipping options/recalculate feature did not work but the site is otherwise awesome.

Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 02:37:57 PM

Very cool... can't find an FAQ with procedures anywhere, though. But still, impressive!
Bitcoinin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2013, 02:41:21 PM

The shipping options/recalculate feature did not work but the site is otherwise awesome.

We will check it.  It isn't easy to test that we're accurately calculating shipping for the entire world, so we expect that we'll have to tweak some country settings as we go.  If anyone spots any other problems, please let us know.
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 02:51:02 PM

Very cool, glad something like this has finally come around. Keep adding products and soon you'll be the "Amazon" of Bitcoins Cheesy ..unless Amazon starts accepting Bitcoins, in which case you'll have some fierce competition.

Are the prices dynamically updated based on current Bitcoin/USD prices?

Bitcoinin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2013, 02:57:27 PM

Very cool, glad something like this has finally come around. Keep adding products and soon you'll be the "Amazon" of Bitcoins Cheesy ..unless Amazon starts accepting Bitcoins, in which case you'll have some fierce competition.

Are the prices dynamically updated based on current Bitcoin/USD prices?

We're getting way ahead of ourselves, but an online store accepting only Bitcoins will have a number of advantages over a store still having to accept legacy payment methods.  Smiley

Yes, prices are updated dynamically but only when there is movement in the markets so that prices (hopefully) aren't constantly changing on you as you shop.
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 03:44:10 PM

We're getting way ahead of ourselves, but an online store accepting only Bitcoins will have a number of advantages over a store still having to accept legacy payment methods.  Smiley

Very true. Sometimes I think it helps to "dream big" Smiley

Yes, prices are updated dynamically but only when there is movement in the markets so that prices (hopefully) aren't constantly changing on you as you shop.

I figured that would probably be the case. Thanks for the update.

Oh, and if you add some "sour" based candies to the Candy section I'll surely make a few purchases Cheesy

giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2013, 12:32:35 AM

I thought your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10" was expensive but it's actually cheap compared to amazon. Did I really pay that much??? I bought one some months ago and thought I had paid like 30% less.

I clicked on the image of the galaxy tab and there is no link there. only on the text. that is weird.

Else I hope to read some reports of people vetting your service soon and hope to see some more stuff and affordable shipping to chile Wink

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Bitcoinin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2013, 01:14:58 AM

Else I hope to read some reports of people vetting your service soon and hope to see some more stuff and affordable shipping to chile Wink

We're working hard to get the shipping pricing lower - particularly for international.  The more of these piles we can send out, though, the more affordable we can make it:

https://i.imgur.com/DOGl5X8.jpg

Thanks to everyone who made purchases over the past couple of days!
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 01:59:56 AM

Stock Raspberry Pi, Will travel....      Wink

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Bitcoinin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 04:33:32 AM

Stock Raspberry Pi, Will travel....      Wink

Raspberry Pi is back in stock!  A large number of additional products are being added over the next few days including a number of requests we've received.
Rogue Star

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 04:57:51 AM

The NoScript compatibility is a nice touch, not perfect but fine for casual browsing, thanks! Shipping options are pretty steep for Canada but I'll keep tabs on your offerings.

you can donate to me for whatever reason at: 18xbnjDDXxgcvRzv5k2vmrKQHWDjYsBDCf
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 08:01:34 AM

Store looks great!!

Sure does Bitcoinin, great job.  Smiley

Bitcoinin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 02:44:35 PM

The NoScript compatibility is a nice touch, not perfect but fine for casual browsing, thanks! Shipping options are pretty steep for Canada but I'll keep tabs on your offerings.

Yes, there are some minor annoyances if you're using NoScript, but we will always ensure that you can fully navigate and complete the entire checkout process without Javascript.  Over time we hope to be able to tackle more of the annoyances if the NoScript crowd continues to be a decent percentage of visitors.

Store looks great!!

Sure does Bitcoinin, great job.  Smiley

Thanks for all of the compliments, suggestions, and support!  We appreciate it greatly and it fuels our drive to build the best online ecommerce experience possible.  We aren't just looking to get other online stores to start accepting Bitcoin: we think that there are a number of massive inefficiencies in the current world of online retail - traditional payment methods only being one of them - and that we can build something better with the help of Bitcoin.
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 04:40:09 PM

My test order, the Game Of Thrones Season 2 blu-ray set, arrived quickly after ordering.  No problems with the ordering and shipping process.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
teste

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 10:59:06 PM

Great site. It's fast and design is good.
1- But I would like to see the btc price you use. So I'll be able to know when the bitcoinin products price change. A good example is the www.bitcoinstore.com.
2- I don't like to be necessary to click on dollar button to see the products price in dollar. I think should work like bitcoinstore too.

But I like it more than bitcoinstore. Hope you add more products soon.
Hope you grow like pandawill.com DX.com ....

Bitcoinin (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 01:30:49 AM

We've been adding a huge number of new products in the past week - many from customer requests:

Nexus 7 Tablet:
 http://www.bitcoinin.com/electronics-en/computers-en/tablets/asus-nexus-7-tablet-32-gb.html

Emergency Radios:
 http://www.bitcoinin.com/electronics-en/accessories/radios/

Cell Phone Charging Accessories:
 http://www.bitcoinin.com/electronics-en/accessories/cell-phone/

Whey Protein:
 http://www.bitcoinin.com/health/supplements/protein/

... and about 1,000 new books and movies!
Bitcoinin (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2013, 01:36:53 PM

Yesterday we were very happy to add more affordable shipping options for lighter-weight packages for domestic and especially international.  Shipping price has been one of the biggest complaints and we've been listening!

We've also started stocking additional Raspberry Pi options:

https://www.bitcoinin.com/electronics-en/computers-en/microcomputers/
fergalish

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 06:23:07 PM

I'm pleased to say that my order with bitcoinin arrived this morning. I ordered 9 books on the 2nd or 3rd March, it was shipped on the 7th (from US) and arrived today (EU) - 6 days shipping instead of the stated 2 weeks. All was perfectly in order.

Actually, regards the discussion of the name "bitcoin in, stuff out", when I saw "bitcoinin" first, I thought of the verb "to bitcoin" meaning to deal in bitcoins, then "bitcoinin" would be a groovy way to say "bitcoining".  Like "to google" became a verb, so could "to bitcoin". I'm bitcoinin' dudes, I'm bitcoinin'...

+1 for bitcoinin

Cheers.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: