Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:12:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to do some Litecoin Mining, not sure if its even working?  (Read 1005 times)
cdog (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 03:50:05 PM

Yes, Ive read most of the threads on the site about this, about using p2p mining, scryptminer, minerd, pool's miner, autosolo etc, Ive tried everything to get some 3rd party mining tools to work and Ive even tried to just join a pool using the litecoin client, but it seems its not working. I cant ever seem to find some .bat file people talk about, let alone know how to create one, or a cfg file.

It was so painless to setup GUIminer to work with Slush's pool for btc, Ive had no such luck with ltc.

I appreciate your extreme patience with me, but I want to use the CPU on my desktop to mine some ltc. Im even happy to do it with the basic litecoin client, which Ive downloaded and it has the whole blockchain up to date.

The only way I can get anything to work at all is if I just select Solo Mining, and Start Mining. Then I see my CPU usage on all 4 cores shoot up to 100%.

But Ive left it running for a while like this, and I dont see any progress or status updates, or anything generated.

It just says: Accepted: 0 Rejected: 0 Speed: N/A

If its working like this (please tell me), and will eventually produce something, thats OK. If not, I guess I need some guidance.

If you can super hand hold me through this (ideally getting me into a ltc pool, I think Ive registered for like 4 already - pretend Im a not very bright 7 year old), Ill donate some btc your way!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 03:55:06 PM

Yes, Ive read most of the threads on the site about this, about using p2p mining, scryptminer, minerd, pool's miner, autosolo etc, Ive tried everything to get some 3rd party mining tools to work and Ive even tried to just join a pool using the litecoin client, but it seems its not working. I cant ever seem to find some .bat file people talk about, let alone know how to create one, or a cfg file.

It was so painless to setup GUIminer to work with Slush's pool for btc, Ive had no such luck with ltc.

I appreciate your extreme patience with me, but I want to use the CPU on my desktop to mine some ltc. Im even happy to do it with the basic litecoin client, which Ive downloaded and it has the whole blockchain up to date.

The only way I can get anything to work at all is if I just select Solo Mining, and Start Mining. Then I see my CPU usage on all 4 cores shoot up to 100%.

But Ive left it running for a while like this, and I dont see any progress or status updates, or anything generated.

It just says: Accepted: 0 Rejected: 0 Speed: N/A

If its working like this (please tell me), and will eventually produce something, thats OK. If not, I guess I need some guidance.

If you can super hand hold me through this (ideally getting me into a ltc pool, I think Ive registered for like 4 already - pretend Im a not very bright 7 year old), Ill donate some btc your way!

Read more and try a different miner.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 04:07:06 PM

I'll go one step further:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83371.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4cVKu7j9tg

Forum search and Google search.........

Good luck.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
cdog (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 05:01:44 PM

OK, I watched the video, Im doing EXACTLY what he does but scryptminer STILL never gets started. I click on "start mining" and nothing happens, speed stays at 0 and shares NA/NA

What could be causing the problems?
romantic1

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 05:27:39 PM

OK, I watched the video, Im doing EXACTLY what he does but scryptminer STILL never gets started. I click on "start mining" and nothing happens, speed stays at 0 and shares NA/NA

What could be causing the problems?
I think you should post this at Alternate cryptocurrencies section ! Many people there can help you !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: