Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:08:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Core not Displaying?  (Read 875 times)
bredcat (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 05:17:07 PM

Well, I'm fairly new to Bitcoin mining and so I don't exactly know the problem here.
It's just as it's said, I can run Bitcoin Core, but it just won't display. I checked task manager, and it says that the process is running, but it's not showing it on the screen.
I've already allowed it into my Firewall for my connections but it still won't show it.
Specs:
Windows 10
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.60GHz
Ram: 6 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6577

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 05:31:04 PM

Bitcoin Core isn't really mining related.

Do you see the icon in the taskbar? If you do, then the window for it is just off screen. Try doing Shift + Right Click and select move and you should be able to move it back to where you can see it.

bredcat (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 05:52:19 PM

I know that it's not mining related, but I was watching a beginners guide to mining and said it was needed, so I installed it.

But no, it is not in the taskbar. I have no idea why, even though the process is running in the background.
Zoomer

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 05:57:58 PM

I know that it's not mining related, but I was watching a beginners guide to mining and said it was needed, so I installed it.

But no, it is not in the taskbar. I have no idea why, even though the process is running in the background.
try closing the wallet from taskmanager and restart it
PS. you don't need bitcoin core to mine,you can mine without core wallet through mining pools
bredcat (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 06:04:54 PM

PS. you don't need bitcoin core to mine,you can mine without core wallet through mining pools
I closed it and restarted it, but its doing the same exact thing as before.
achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 06:09:31 PM

Can you post the debug.log? Also, try setting -resetguisettings in the startup command.

bredcat (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 06:23:06 PM

Can you post the debug.log? Also, try setting -resetguisettings in the startup command.
Where can I find the debug.log?
toy4lov3rs

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 06:29:57 PM

you can find this in data folder of bitcoin core
by default it is
C:/user/Appdata/Roaming/bitcoin
bredcat (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 06:39:50 PM

you can find this in data folder of bitcoin core
by default it is
C:/user/Appdata/Roaming/bitcoin
I don't have one for some reason.
achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 06:41:51 PM

Open up Windows Explorer and in the top bar where the path is, type
Code:
%appdata%/Bitcoin
And hit enter. You should see the file in there.

toy4lov3rs

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 06:44:08 PM

Code:
%appdata%/Bitcoin
its only if he used bitcoin default directory unchanged, but if he is using custom path to store blockchain then debug.log will found in directory set for bitcoin data.
bredcat (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 07:13:58 PM

Code:
%appdata%/Bitcoin
its only if he used bitcoin default directory unchanged, but if he is using custom path to store blockchain then debug.log will found in directory set for bitcoin data.
I reinstalled it and left everything unchanged, but the Bitcoin folder still isn't there.
achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 07:32:41 PM

Code:
%appdata%/Bitcoin
I reinstalled it and left everything unchanged, but the Bitcoin folder still isn't there.
Then it looks like Bitcoin Core ins't starting. Do you have an antivirus installed? If you do, sometimes they will flag Bitcoin Core as a virus, so add the bitcoin-qt.exe file to the exemptions list. Make sure you also do that with Windows Defender.

bredcat (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 07:39:53 PM

Code:
%appdata%/Bitcoin
Then it looks like Bitcoin Core ins't starting. Do you have an antivirus installed? If you do, sometimes they will flag Bitcoin Core as a virus, so add the bitcoin-qt.exe file to the exemptions list. Make sure you also do that with Windows Defender.
I didn't get a message from Windows Defender that it was harmful, and I have no other antivirus software. When I scanned it with WD, it said it was safe.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: