Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:27:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Digix DGD  (Read 2569 times)
DeadBirdzz

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 07:31:39 PM

the gold is held in a vault in Singapore and therefore, it is subject to Singapore Law & government control, so I guess one will have to get lawyers involved etc etc........but don't quote me on that..........

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
bitbitch (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 07:48:13 PM

the gold is held in a vault in Singapore and therefore, it is subject to Singapore Law & government control, so I guess one will have to get lawyers involved etc etc........but don't quote me on that..........

thanks.

i do hope that client assets (the gold .et.c.) are partitioned from the company's assets and liabilities.

ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 09:06:45 PM

So, here we are, talking about decentralization the whole time (especially with ETH's "decentralize everything" attitude), and then you go out and buy a token, that says a certain amount of gold in a safe somewhere is yours (and it is all in the same safe)? Doesn't make sense to me. Am I missing something?
sandiman

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 08:56:22 AM

So, here we are, talking about decentralization the whole time (especially with ETH's "decentralize everything" attitude), and then you go out and buy a token, that says a certain amount of gold in a safe somewhere is yours (and it is all in the same safe)? Doesn't make sense to me. Am I missing something?

If you know how to divide your gold and store it in several place in the world with big security while being able to withdraw it easily, congratulation you are a future rich man.  Grin
bitbitch (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 09:12:56 AM

If you know how to divide your gold and store it in several place in the world with big security while being able to withdraw it easily, congratulation you are a future rich man.  Grin

and so just buy gold. why bother with DGX and DGD at all?
DeadBirdzz

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 10:01:14 AM

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 10:01:37 AM

Huh? I thought the gold is in a vault in singapore?
sandiman

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 10:03:07 AM

Mucher faster trading platform, lower fees, DGD is like having share of Digixdao and earning revenue from their operation (fees collected mostly)
bitbitch (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 10:18:24 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2016, 10:29:51 AM by bitbitch

Mucher faster trading platform, lower fees, DGD is like having share of Digixdao and earning revenue from their operation (fees collected mostly)

true.

so the value of DGD is based on the trading volumes for DGX. where can i see the DGX volumes?

how is Digix going to capture market share, and what is its moating strategy to defend itself from the  inevitable competition that will come from other emerging 'goldchain' trading platforms?

sandiman

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 10:25:37 AM

true.

so the value of DGD is based on the trading volumes for DGX. where can i see the DGX volumes?

how is Digix going to capture market share, and what is its moating strategy to defend itself from the  inevitable competition that will come from other emerging 'goldchain' trading platforms?

Since I am not a gold trader nor DGD/DGX owner, my answer are certainly not the best. I think the best way for you to know about that is reading their white paper and visiting their website. Grin
redcow

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 11:17:43 AM

I don't think that they launched the DGX..
bitbitch (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 11:30:22 AM

I don't think that they launched the DGX..

i was wondering because i see no trace of DGX anywhere.

so at the moment DGD is trading as an asset valued on speculation about the future performance of its yet to be released DGX twin?
orendel

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 02:21:42 PM

The same reason people buy Gold index in the stock market..
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: