Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:32:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gavin believes Craig Wright is Satoshi - Effect on BTC price  (Read 2491 times)
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 03:11:02 PM

Anyone who trades based on this news is a pretty bad trader. I have no clue who invented most of the technology I use today. And it certainly does not change the protocol to know who wrote the protocol, no more than the answer to a math problem is determined by who is holding the calculator.
But what if the one holding the calculator is... Hitler?

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 03:37:35 PM

Anyone who trades based on this news is a pretty bad trader. I have no clue who invented most of the technology I use today. And it certainly does not change the protocol to know who wrote the protocol, no more than the answer to a math problem is determined by who is holding the calculator.
OMG your right!!!
I just asked Hitler to multiply 3867 x 2 and when he did the answer was 7734. When I turned the calculator upside down it spelled hELL !!!! What does it mean? Embarrassed

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Ultrafinery

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 04:52:05 PM

If Hitler is holding his own laptop, OTOH... might bamboozle you.
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 04:58:29 PM

No it will not affect the price most likely although I love the fact its finally over with the whole thing about satoshi.
We can finally close this whole chapter.
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 05:43:49 PM

Tell me how youbhack or fake a digital bitcoin/pgp signature... Roght, you don't.

Tbh, I think you need to be told how to type sentences first.
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 06:21:33 PM

Excuse me but... I thought that Gavin was one of the few persons that had actually know Satoshi in person, am I right? if so, how could he just say he "believes" this man to be satoshi? He should be sure in that case!

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:25:38 PM

Excuse me but... I thought that Gavin was one of the few persons that had actually know Satoshi in person, am I right? if so, how could he just say he "believes" this man to be satoshi? He should be sure in that case!

no one ever met satoshi in person.
aliashraf
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174

Always remember the cause!

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 06:29:07 PM

The thread title is missleading.
Gavin did not confirmed that Wright is Satoshi. He wrotes in his blog to believe that Wright is Satoshi.

#1: That is 'misleading' and this is 'writes' and no one 'writes in his blog to believe that' anything.
#2: You are really confused not just in spelling and grammar but in comprehension as well!
#3: Sorry for your lost myth, but we have a live active Satoshi out there and it is nothing you or your 'opposition' mates can do about it. Do not bet on the looser side but when you did be a gentleman and remain cool instead of messing everything up and making the situation worst.

p.s : I have signed up here few days ago and it is my second post, the first one is vanished! Is there any bug (In the minds of the moderators I mean)? ... Am I right when I suppose 'opposition' dominates this site? If so, I wonder how deleting posts of newly registered users relates to their claimed devotion to decentralizing, democracy, blah, blah,blah?
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:32:54 PM

Gavin emailed/chatted with Satoshi quite a bit, but never met in person. But Gavin is either a fool or has some other ulterior motive by not requiring a genesis-block signed message. Something else is going on. The real Satoshi would easily prove himself.

Buy & Hold
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:36:07 PM

Gavin emailed/chatted with Satoshi quite a bit, but never met in person. But Gavin is either a fool or has some other ulterior motive by not requiring a genesis-block signed message. Something else is going on. The real Satoshi would easily prove himself.

Exactly ... math does not 'lie'.
fedmahnkassad (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Twitter: @FedKassad

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:36:17 PM

Gavin did not confirmed that Wright is Satoshi. He wrotes in his blog to believe that Wright is Satoshi.
And to be honest Gavin can believe as much as he wants.
As long as Wright does not sign a message or moves one of the coins he can claim to be Satoshi as long as he wants.
I doubt it very strongly. And if Gavin wasn't hacked and decided to play this hoax together with Wright he deserves some serious kicks in his suspicious butt. His commit access had been already revoked.Good!

True, I edited the title now to better reflect what his actual words were. In a certain context though believe and confirm are synonymous.

After reading this https://www.wired.com/2016/05/craig-wright-privately-proved-hes-bitcoins-creator/ it does look possible that Gavin could have been fooled.
khalized

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:40:55 PM

If Wright is Satoshi then why don't he login here and sign a message with the genesis address?
I believe either Gavin is lying or bribed by wright into believing that he is Satoshi. Or he might be hacked Shocked - https://twitter.com/petertoddbtc/status/727078284345917441
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:41:56 PM

After reading this https://www.wired.com/2016/05/craig-wright-privately-proved-hes-bitcoins-creator/ it does look possible that Gavin could have been fooled.

No offense intended, but Gavin is a fool. He should to go Vegas and watch Penn & Teller shoot a bullet from a gun and catch it in his teeth. I'll let you in on a secret. It's a trick. Craig fooled Gavin.

If it's not publically verifiable, it's a trick.

Buy & Hold
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:44:57 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/4hfyyo/gavin_can_you_please_detail_all_parts_of_the/d2plygg

Craig signed a message that I chose ("Gavin's favorite number is eleven. CSW" if I recall correctly) using the private key from block number 1.

that leaves us with the question of why keep the details secret.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:23:17 PM

Not really.

Even if a trader *knows* that a piece of news doesn't matter a jot, when all is said and done, if he thinks that there will likely be a stampede of irrational market action, either organically produced or engineered by Market Makers, using the 'news' as fuel to take the market to where they want to go, then the trader has to take appropriate action. He can either try and ride the irrational waves, or he can just get the fuck out until the storm has passed.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:42:49 PM

No offense intended, but Gavin is a fool. He should to go Vegas and watch Penn & Teller shoot a bullet from a gun and catch it in his teeth. I'll let you in on a secret. It's a trick. Craig fooled Gavin.

If it's not publically verifiable, it's a trick.

Yep, spot on. Quite amazing to see an intelligent man be so gormless, though I do wonder if a Mephistophelian pact hasn't been agreed upon here and the spurious Satoshi will now support all of Gavin's proposals...
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:53:04 PM

that leaves us with the question of why keep the details secret.

Obviously a rhetorical question, but I'll answer it for fun. Because it was a trick. I could easily create a bitcoin client that could fake signing a message. The thing is, no one else would be able to replicate it. Which is why it was in a secret meeting.

Buy & Hold
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 01:03:28 AM

#1: That is 'misleading' and this is 'writes' and no one 'writes in his blog to believe that' anything.
#2: You are really confused not just in spelling and grammar but in comprehension as well!
#3: Sorry for your lost myth, but we have a live active Satoshi out there and it is nothing you or your 'opposition' mates can do about it. Do not bet on the looser side but when you did be a gentleman and remain cool instead of messing everything up and making the situation worst.

p.s : I have signed up here few days ago and it is my second post, the first one is vanished! Is there any bug (In the minds of the moderators I mean)? ... Am I right when I suppose 'opposition' dominates this site? If so, I wonder how deleting posts of newly registered users relates to their claimed devotion to decentralizing, democracy, blah, blah,blah?
Since we are playing That Game, it's lose. Loose is what your sister is.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 01:14:38 AM

Well, all of us here know that CW isn't Satoshi. But CW could be an elaborate ploy to get the real Satoshi to make a post with an actual signature. Not that the real Satoshi would fall for that.

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
aliashraf
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174

Always remember the cause!

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 03:37:42 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2016, 04:00:20 AM by aliashraf

Since we are playing That Game, it's lose. Loose is what your sister is.

Sure! You are a hero member here and an expert in the male dominated barbarian society where you have grown up in, but 'looser' is the exact choice because this is what you guys exactly are:
' ... a loser who can't spell "loser" ...' ,  UrbanDictionary
And I have demonstrated it in my post and have used it intentionally!

You prefer Satoshi dead instead of being an educated live scientist and enterprenur (worst!). Satoshi supposed to be an uneducated nobody programmer with little if not zero history of social achievements ... one who can't use words and comprehend texts (same as you and your friends) one who has been lost probably because of his poor living conditions. But it simply did not happened to be the case. Wright is not your guy, bad news, but be a gentleman, a loser not a looser.

Sorry for your lost myth
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: