Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:07:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Craig Wright Gavin Andresen = PLOT  (Read 2923 times)
From Above (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 09:30:40 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2016, 06:40:45 PM by From Above

ok so maybe u have seen it or not http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36168863
all public news channels suddenly claim Craig Wright is satoshi nakamoto 100%, cuz he signed messages.
NO WHERE ON THE INTERNETZ can we find those signed messages.

I call utter BS.
also gavin andresen confirmed and backed that craig wright 100% is satoshi nakamoto.

so this is very obviously a plot.

do u think the NSA is behind it? no? what is behind it ?
whos behind this and why, what r they hoping for, the nifty boys/gals.

also craig wright and gavin andresen just lost all of their credibility forever

~CfA~

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4528

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:45:51 PM

the message he released was:
MEUCIQDBKn1Uly8m0UyzETObUSL4wYdBfd4ejvtoQfVcNCIK4AIgZmMsXNQWHvo6KDd2Tu6euEl13VT C3ihl6XUlhcU+fM4=

what are you missing?.. well:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4hflr3/craig_wrights_signature_is_worthless/

here it is explained better

Find first transaction by Satoshi in 2009 :
https://blockchain.info/tx/828ef3b079f9c23829c56fe86e85b4a69d9e06e5b54ea597eef5fb3ffef509fe?show_adv=true

Convert inputscript from hex:
3045022100c12a7d54972f26d14cb311339b5122f8c187417dde1e8efb6841f55c34220ae002206 6632c5cd4161efa3a2837764eee9eb84975dd54c2de2865e9752585c53e7cce

to base64
MEUCIQDBKn1Uly8m0UyzETObUSL4wYdBfd4ejvtoQfVcNCIK4AIgZmMsXNQWHvo6KDd2Tu6euEl13VT C3ihl6XUlhcU+fM4=

(thats it, you done pretty much the only thing that craig done (remember no private key was used with what u just done. nor SHA, nor ECDSA)

this is a 7 year old signature of the transaction encrypted using the private key for: 12cbQLTFMXRnSzktFkuoG3eHoMeFtpTu3S 7 years ago
emphasis: the data is the transaction data(not a personal message).. that is 7 years old!! and publicly available

if he was to sign a message today! the signature, even when signed with the same private key would be completely different
emphasis: signing "my name is bob" would result in a different signature than "My Name Is Bob" even when both messages are signed with the same private key.

so if you see him display:

he is not signing anything new. he is just literally copying and pasting a 7 year old message(tx) that was signed 7years ago

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
NyeFe

Activity: 699
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:46:26 PM

Quick question — can someone please tell me what has happened to Gavin. When I first discovered Bitcoin,  this guy was a worshipped God, now,  he's an outlaw??

MicroDApp.com—Smart Contract developers. Lets build a decentralized future!
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:47:34 PM

Quick question — can someone please tell me what has happened to Gavin. When I first discovered Bitcoin,  this guy was a worshipped God, now,  he's an outlaw??

easily paid off to say what is needed

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
From Above (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:50:05 PM

he got extremely greedy, wanted more power, so he wanted to divide Bitcoin but failed hard

yes hes an outlaw just like crack wright - its the truth indeed.  hes still better than crack tho cuz crack is JUST a liar, gavin is also a dev

~CfA~

NyeFe

Activity: 699
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:55:37 PM

So to summarise, Wright's evidence is worthless, Gavin's statement is also worthless, and the only tangible evidence to believe (this is not a joke) is a written prove from the BBC — I'm going back to bed.

MicroDApp.com—Smart Contract developers. Lets build a decentralized future!
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:56:56 PM

But I have read people on here saying that Gavin was a very early adopter so he should have saved a lot of coins and money was not the problem here. Perhaps his motives were purely based on desire for more power and the ability to influence the Bitcoin core development as he wishes. Is it money or power or is it something else?
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:10:15 PM

No, not paid off, but possibly genuinely fooled by someone who's a good actor.

None of us have seen the proof that was shown in person to gavin/matonis/ the economist. Therefore, I do not think we should jump to conclusions just yet.

We'll know more in the coming weeks.
jyakulis

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

J

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:20:34 PM

Ooo this is so juicy.

bitcoin address: 35CezzikPXjx4QmTgpeU3ByQ42s8mVcbaF
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:32:17 PM

But I have read people on here saying that Gavin was a very early adopter so he should have saved a lot of coins and money was not the problem here. Perhaps his motives were purely based on desire for more power and the ability to influence the Bitcoin core development as he wishes. Is it money or power or is it something else?

Gavin's on record in stating that he has enough coins to retire, expressed during the heated debated of if he should be paid via TBF for his coding service, later revealed he earned over a quarter of a million dollars for his efforts then headed on over to MIT to get paid for his bitcoin related services over there.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:34:35 PM

None of us have seen the proof that was shown in person to gavin/matonis/ the economist. Therefore, I do not think we should jump to conclusions just yet.

you think that gavin would sign a NDA, buy a plane ticket, book a hotel room... for curiosity sake??

chopstick
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:39:32 PM

you think that gavin would sign a NDA, buy a plane ticket, book a hotel room... for curiosity sake??

In Gavin's own words, he had email conversations with Craig that led him to believe there was a very good chance he might be talking to the real satoshi. This was before he bought the plane ticket.

Coming from someone who spoke extensively with satoshi throughout 2010/2011.

So yes, I'd say there's a very good chance his curiosity got the better of him.

I mean, who wouldn't want to meet the real satoshi if they thought there was a good chance it's actually him?

Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:42:02 PM

On Dec 8, 2015 Craig wright was publicly outed as a hoaxer/scammer, 'Gavin-Bloatcoin-Andresen' has ether gone full retard or is colluding with Wright but for what I couldn't say.

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
chopstick
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:45:10 PM

Can you provide a link for that, quantus?
IluhaHA

Activity: 183
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:47:13 PM

lol everyone on this subject is so crazy the bitcoin price is droping though and that worrys me
crazywack
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:48:49 PM

Gavin lost all his credibility long ago, Craig write has atleast 1 scam accusation that I have seen.

Looks like (as someone else said) a false second coming of the messiah.

I don't belive Craig is Satoshi. He disappeared for a reason so why come out now, with no proff to boot. Nice try but put up or shut up, move some coins or gtfo.

ATguy

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:50:28 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2016, 08:51:32 PM by ATguy

In Gavin's own words, he had email conversations with Craig that led him to believe there was a very good chance he might be talking to the real satoshi. This was before he bought the plane ticket.

Coming from someone who spoke extensively with satoshi throughout 2010/2011.

So yes, I'd say there's a very good chance his curiosity got the better of him.

I mean, who wouldn't want to meet the real satoshi if they thought there was a good chance it's actually him?

Well hopefully a cryptography proof is given as well, because to trick someone socially with just conversation is much much easier. I would be curious as well if someone shared what only Satoshi an I could know, but still, a signed message is worth much much more.

Hopefully this can be sorted out soon.

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:51:53 PM

Gavin's on record in stating that he has enough coins to retire, expressed during the heated debated of if he should be paid via TBF for his coding service, later revealed he earned over a quarter of a million dollars for his efforts then headed on over to MIT to get paid for his bitcoin related services over there.

I'll just throw this crazy idea out there: what if Gavin is Satoshi and he is using Wright as cover because he wants to be able to sell some of his btc stash.  If Gavin was Satoshi, he might want to sell some of his coins without admitting he was Satoshi, and without creating a market panic.  So he hears about this crazy Wright guy, who for whatever reason wants to claim he is Satoshi.  He realizes if he backs up Wright's story, that when he (Gavin) sells some btc from Satoshi's stash, Wright will be forced to explain it (even though Wright has nothing to do with the sale) giving Gavin the perfect cover and creating helpful confusion.  Shocked
intec

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:52:39 PM

Faketoshi ( let's turn it mainstream so media understands)
Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:52:57 PM

Me.  I wouldn't.  

The "Real" Satoshi has no reason to claim that identity.  None.  He absolutely knows why he was using a pseudonym in the first place, and he knows it's too valuable to destroy.  Steve Wright is in no way prepared for the shit storm that would happen to him if his claim were true and he were so inutterably stupid as to provide actual proof of it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: