Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:25:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Danish Bitcoin groups, forums or such  (Read 1150 times)
Zedster (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 08:28:27 PM

Hello,

I am American living DK and was just wondering if there are any BTC groups or meeting places anything like that.  I read Danish fine just suck at writing it.

TIA

Z

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
emma

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 09:51:22 PM

Jeg tror desværre ikke vi er så mange dansker i BTC/LTC verden endnu :d men håber da det kommer
Zedster (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 09:43:42 AM

Jeg tror desværre ikke vi er så mange dansker i BTC/LTC verden endnu :d men håber da det kommer

I believe you are correct. In some ways this both good and bad.  How can we change this?  I am looking for ideas.

I will admit that fear of the danish government and their attitude about taxes makes me think that DK is not a great place to push the issue.  Am I being paranoid?
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 10:01:41 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2013, 12:24:47 PM by Luno

Don't let yourself be scared of the law before there is one. Profits cashed out in Denmark are taxable after you deducted your running costs, i.e. electricity and hardware purchase.

Holding Bitcoin, even on a foreign exchange or other service is not!

Bitcoin is comparable to WOW gold, Amazon gift cards etc. If you cash out you pay 49% in tax after deducting costs. I called the taxwoman last year and she told me that it's perfectly legal to deduct costs as you are only taxed for your profits. (I didn't mention Bitcoin to her, but told that I produced digital goods I sold on the net, similar to a bedroom youtube popstar selling mp3's or a WOW player selling gold)

Likewise, if you deposited some of your own hard earned cash you paied tax for once on an exchange, that amount is also not taxed when you withdraw them. Balances held in bitcoin or other real currency is not subject to Capital tax either which is another 10%/ year saved as opposed to putting real money in a foreign real bank. As Bitcoin is not officially a currency and Bitcoin business are not banks. Most of them don't have license to operate as a financial business. So having Dollar balance is comparable to having a redeemable coupon with a specific business or Amazon gift certificates.

If you are an American citizen you are taxed after American tax rules, even if you are living in Denmark. If you don't have any income (being a student pehaps) and withdraw less than $6000/Y after costs, you file your tax return as "independent contractor" and is tax exempted. Lucky Americans!

Doing business with Bitcoins in Denmark is another matter. Someone else her who have experience with that can better clarify the pitfalls than I.
Zedster (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 12:33:20 PM

Don't let yourself be scared of the law before there is one. Profits cashed out in Denmark are taxable after you deducted your running costs, i.e. electricity and hardware purchase.

Bitcoin is comparable to WOW gold, Amazon gift cards etc. If you cash out you pay 49% in tax after deducting costs. I called the taxwoman last year and she told me that it's perfectly legal to deduct costs as you are only taxed for your profits. (I didn't mention Bitcoin to her, but told that I produced digital goods I sold on the net, similar to a bedroom youtube popstar selling mp3's or a WOW player selling gold)

Likewise, if you deposited some of your own hard earned cash you paied tax for once on an exchange, that amount is also not taxed when you withdraw them. Balances held in bitcoin or other real currency is not subject to Capital tax either which is another 10%/ year saved as opposed to putting real money in a foreign real bank. As Bitcoin is not officially a currency and Bitcoin business are not banks. Most of them don't have license to operate as a financial business. So having Dollar balance is comparable to having a redeemable coupon with a specific business or Amazon gift certificates.

If you are an American citizen you are taxed after American tax rules, even if you are living in Denmark. If you don't have any income (being a student pehaps) and withdraw less than $6000/Y after costs, you file your tax return as "independent contractor" and is tax exempted. Lucky Americans!

Doing business with Bitcoins in Denmark is another matter. Someone else her who have experience with that can better clarify the pitfalls than I.

Ok you seem to know what your talking about I think.  I do not fully follow your post.

Profits cashed out in Denmark are taxable.  Profits from what? Business? Investing in the market? If I ran S.Dice for example, how would they even know?  I am assuming your danish here?

And what in the hell are you talking about here.  I am a US citizen I pay Danish taxes.  Maybe for people on a temp visa but that is not my case sadly.
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 01:06:44 PM

Don't pay taxes on your bitcoins, just don't. Find someone danish who is interested in buying and let him buy your coins for cash. 49% are you serious? And I thought the other scandinavian countries were bad.

Zedster (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 02:24:09 PM

Don't pay taxes on your bitcoins, just don't. Find someone danish who is interested in buying and let him buy your coins for cash. 49% are you serious? And I thought the other scandinavian countries were bad.

Yeah ya gotta love it.  The argument I always hear is. "Yeah but medical is free" So I try to spend a lot of time in hospitals to get my moneys worth.
Luno

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 02:34:11 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2013, 03:15:22 PM by Luno

Ok you seem to know what your talking about I think.  I do not fully follow your post.

Profits cashed out in Denmark are taxable.  Profits from what? Business? Investing in the market? If I ran S.Dice for example, how would they even know?  I am assuming your danish here?

And what in the hell are you talking about here.  I am a US citizen I pay Danish taxes.  Maybe for people on a temp visa but that is not my case sadly.

It's quite simple:

1.The way you have gotten your Bitcoins doesn't matter, unless you have bought them for real money, then you don't pay tax of the same value in Kroner or Dollars when you cash them out.

2. All other Bitcoins you have earned, mined or traded yourself or been given as a gift or won on a gambling site are taxable!

3. You can deduct the costs you have had with getting the Bitcoins, like a business deducts it's costs from their sales before they pay tax on their profit. But it is first when Bitcoin becomes real money you have in you hand or in your bank account that you have any "real" money or profits in the eyes of the law which you then need to account for. Before they are cashed out, Bitcoin is not money!!

4. By Dansih law, any income you have extra besides your day job, is filed as "B income" and is taxed a flat 49% if they are earned outside Denmark (no personal deductions possible). That can apply if you trade on an exchange, there are no danish ones, if you sell something as a business to a foreigner for Bitcoins.

5. You say you are employed in a company in Denmark and pay danish tax. However as a US citizen you can still be an "independent contractor" doing private business abroad in Denmark and if you earn less than $6000 a year, you don't have to file anything to the IRS or pay taxes of your earnings.

How Danish tax authorities consider foreigners working independently, Greencard wise etc. I don't know!

So if you cashed out Bitcoins last year to your real life bank account in Denmark and you still have profits after deducting your costs, you file the amount on the 2012 tax return under "B income". Mr. tax then sends you a claim for 49% of the amount in Danish Kroners.

Was this more helpfull?

As a side note: If Bitcoins were considered as having any value or as being money under Danish law, you would pay 10% tax yearly on your holdings on an exchange in another country and pay 39% of your earnings if they come from investing or trading.

So paying 49% voluntary, sends a signal of good faith in applying to the current law, if the Danes at some point decides that Bitcoin is a target for taxation, having avoided paying tax on your profits, because there are no laws on Bitcoin will land you a fine. They look at least 5 years in the past so it can be extremely expensive to be over confident.

Zedster (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 03:16:32 PM

Ok most of what your saying about btc profits and danish tax law is all assuming I voluntarily give up the information.  Until this is a significant amount of coin I can see no reason to consider that.  And when/if that day comes I won't be able to get out of this country fast enough.

5. You say you are employed in a company in Denmark and pay danish tax. However as a US citizen you can still be an "independent contractor" doing private business abroad in Denmark and if you earn less than $6000 a year, you don't have to file anything to the IRS or pay taxes of your earnings.

How Danish tax authorities consider foreigners working independently, Greencard wise etc. I don't know!

Like i say been here 17 years don't think this applies.
Luno

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 03:27:47 PM

If I was an US citizen I would not consider cashing any bitcoins out while here, as I could get them for free while home!

Cheres
Zedster (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 03:46:59 PM

If I was an US citizen I would not consider cashing any bitcoins out while here, as I could get them for free while home!

Cheres

Just enough to buy the plane tickets Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: