Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:48:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pooled/Remote Mining - Open Source - Updated 2010-12-24  (Read 58999 times)
gkolt

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 05:16:40 PM

Will be an update here? It will be great if gethashespersec will show total hashps for all connected miners. Smiley
I added this to puddinpop's code in a branch of my github repository mirroring his code: https://github.com/doublec/bitcoin-pool/tree/lowcpu

With this code 'gethashespersec' will show the total server hash rate. It also adds a command line option '-distributionpercent' allowing the server operator to set the percentage of the generated coins that are available for distribution (the rest go to the server operator). It rounds the generated coin amounts to 3dp as well to help prevent dust accumulation in miners wallets. Feel free to cherry-pick the commits that interest you.
I have tried running the server from your github, but it does not seem to be working at all.

First, the remote server should be bitcoind or bitcoinr ?
I've tried both, and none of them seem to work.

I've grabbed the strings from bitcoind and bitcoinr binaries, and I found out that the remote server commands (-remoteserver, -remoteserverpassword, -remotebindport and stuff) are inside bitcoind.
So, I've tried running bitcoind -remoteserver -remotebindaddr=myip -remotebindaddr=8800, and after all, bitcoind runs but port 8800 was not being listened on.
It looks like all the server arguments that I've setted are not working.

What am I doing wrong ?
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 12:23:01 AM

First, the remote server should be bitcoind or bitcoinr ?
I've tried both, and none of them seem to work.

I've grabbed the strings from bitcoind and bitcoinr binaries, and I found out that the remote server commands (-remoteserver, -remoteserverpassword, -remotebindport and stuff) are inside bitcoind.
So, I've tried running bitcoind -remoteserver -remotebindaddr=myip -remotebindaddr=8800, and after all, bitcoind runs but port 8800 was not being listened on.
It looks like all the server arguments that I've setted are not working.

What am I doing wrong ?
The server is 'bitcoind'. The miner is 'bitcoinr'. Run the server with something like:

Code:
bitcoind -remoteserver -remotebindaddr=0.0.0.0 -distributiontype=contributed
LZ
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1072

P2P Cryptocurrency

View Profile
May 22, 2011, 11:28:39 AM

doublec, thank you! I will try it. Smiley

My OpenPGP fingerprint: 5099EB8C0F2E68C63B4ECBB9A9D0993E04143362
deti

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2011, 06:47:28 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2011, 07:37:49 AM by deti

Hi,

can you give me a short instruction how to install the package from github on my debian server?
Doing this did output too many errors Sad  :
Code:
# cd /home/
# git clone git://github.com/doublec/bitcoin-pool
# cd /home/bitcoin-pool/
# cmake .
# make

Between cmake and make I had to install a lot of packages to make it run through:

Errors now:
Code:

Linking CXX executable bitcoind
CMakeFiles/bitcoind.dir/__/src/db.cpp.o: In function `CDB::CDB(char const*, char const*)':
db.cpp:(.text+0x21b): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_lg_dir(char const*)'
db.cpp:(.text+0x22a): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_lg_max(unsigned int)'
db.cpp:(.text+0x239): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_lk_max_locks(unsigned int)'
db.cpp:(.text+0x248): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_lk_max_objects(unsigned int)'
db.cpp:(.text+0x271): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_errfile(_IO_FILE*)'
db.cpp:(.text+0x285): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_flags(unsigned int, int)'
db.cpp:(.text+0x2ab): undefined reference to `DbEnv::open(char const*, unsigned int, int)'
db.cpp:(.text+0x4a0): undefined reference to `Db::Db(DbEnv*, unsigned int)'

Thanks!

deti

deti

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2011, 07:46:46 AM

Ok I made it Cool

What me helped:
- doku at https://github.com/doublec/bitcoin-pool/blob/master/src/build-unix.txt
- post #170 in this thread

Thanks a lot!

Killdozer

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 12:32:44 AM

I have been trying to compile the latest source downloaded from this topic ((Updated 2010-12-24), based on SVN 205), and have been having a lot of problems. And while some of them were due to my lack of knowledge and have fixed themselves as soon as I learned the right stuff, some of the problems seem to be just things that have to be fixed in the source.

I am compiling on x64 windows with MINGW. (not x64 executables, just running on a x64 os. The executables are compiled to x86 arch.)

1. I am getting very strange compile errors in src/remote/remoteminer.cpp
Code:
bitcoin-remote-rpc-20110122-src\src\remote\remoteminer.cpp:751:27: error: no match for 'operator=' in 'i = ((BitcoinMinerRemoteServer*)this)->BitcoinMinerRemoteServer::m_receiverate.std::map<_Key, _Tp, _Compare, _Alloc>::erase [with _Key = long int, _Tp = unsigned int, _Compare = std::less<long int>, _Alloc = std::allocator<std::pair<const long int, unsigned int> >, std::map<_Key, _Tp, _Compare, _Alloc>::iterator = std::_Rb_tree_iterator<std::pair<const long int, unsigned int> >](i)'
Assuming the author has compiled this somehow and it's not just a wrong version of the file or something, it looks to me like there are different versions of stl out there, and the one I have (in mingw) does not support = operator on stl container.
This does not look too difficult to fix, just rewrite that line in a way that doesn't use the =operator.
This is like this in just 2 places, no biggie

errors
Code:
C:\Users\heavydist\Downloads\jelcin\build\bitcoin-remote-rpc-20110122-src\src\remote\remoteminer.cpp:929:66: error: 'getaddrinfo' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\heavydist\Downloads\jelcin\build\bitcoin-remote-rpc-20110122-src\src\remote\remoteminer.cpp:962:22: error: 'freeaddrinfo' was not declared in this scope

After searching "the internets" something like this http://www.developpez.net/forums/d734362/c-cpp/c/getaddrinfo-was-not-declared-in-this-scope/ comes up, and so the error is easily fixed by modifying the src/headers.h file

instead of "#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0500" insert  "#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0501" and these errors go away

but now when the compilation errors about getaddrinfo and freeaddrinfo go away, the linker cannot find them either. By looking through CMakeFiles.txt in the project I couldn't find any library that should hold these functions, so I added it
(to files cmake-bitcoin/CMakeLists.txt, cmake-bitcoind/CMakeLitst.txt and such. NOT the root CMakeLists.txt)
change
Code:
IF(WIN32)
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(bitcoin winmm.lib shlwapi.lib)
ENDIF(WIN32)
to
Code:
IF(WIN32)
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(bitcoin winmm.lib shlwapi.lib ws2_32.lib)
ENDIF(WIN32)

After that the program links just fine.

Now actually the main problem: now bitcoin.exe is produced, but cannot be run...
I get the "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)."
If that code is the standard windows error code, it's
"ERROR_INVALID_NAME 123 (0x7B) The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."

What could this mean? Any ideas?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: