Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:48:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Core is creating an altcoin a fork a fake  (Read 515 times)
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 04:14:32 AM

The current system where every user is a network node is not the intended configuration for large scale.  That would be like every Usenet user runs their own NNTP server.  The design supports letting users just be users.  The more burden it is to run a node, the fewer nodes there will be.  Those few nodes will be big server farms.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306

thats the true path bitcoin was meant to take.
core is abandoning this idea and banking on unproven untested, and non existing technology to scale bitcoin.
if they want to do such a radical shift from the original vision let them start an altcoin.

Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 04:25:21 AM

I'm not sure if you were aware or not Adam, but "every user is a network node" hasn't been the case for quite some time now.

So, what are you attempting to say exactly?

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 04:35:42 AM

I'm not sure if you were aware or not Adam, but "every user is a network node" hasn't been the case for quite some time now.

i'm saying core imposing limits to make sure bitcoin can run on a raspberry pie, was not the original intent. i want big voluptuous server farms running the world reserve cryptocurrency   

Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 04:41:17 AM

i'm saying core imposing limits to make sure bitcoin can run on a raspberry pie, was not the original intent. i want big voluptuous server farms running the world reserve cryptocurrency   

I didn't realize everyone running Core was forced into that choice.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 04:45:09 AM

I didn't realize everyone running Core was forced into that choice.

core ver 0.12.2 will change everything.
you better dwl a BU node, before its too late!

MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 04:47:36 AM

Well, money and power.

I'm not sure what to think of this, I currently don't like the direction they're taking, but I'll have to see what their reasoning is and how they plan for everything to work out.
albert11

Activity: 679
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 04:55:54 AM

And the million dolla question is...............how do you scale thousand tx/s on chain while staying decentralized?   Layer 2 solutions for scaling are inevitable if bitcoin is to become mainstream, so are block size limit increase btw, just be patient. Core's vision is long term. Bitcoin will use every scaling solutions available, core knows the priorities, they will roll out changes in the best way to keep bitcoin decentralized and censorship resistant.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 05:29:17 AM

Forgive me, but hasn't somebody invented a concept called an "on-line wallet". You don't need to be a full node to use such a service.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 12:15:11 PM

Forgive me, but hasn't somebody invented a concept called an "on-line wallet". You don't need to be a full node to use such a service.
so why is core hell bent on making sure a full node does not exceed the raspberry pie specs?

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 12:38:01 PM

+blockstream: "2mb will cause a dilution of nodes because community cant cope with 2mb, which is bad"
- blockstream: "our features as of 2017 will have upto 5mb of data to include confidential payment codes, segwit and a hardfork, which is good"

+blockstream: "our features will incentivize people to want to be full nodes"
- blockstream: "our features turn off archival mode, witness mode so that you can run our branded software but not be a full node (but you wont realise that,so shh)"

+blockstream: "our features are concentrating on bitcoin to ensure people want to be nodes"
- blockstream: "we want people to move funds to a new signature algorithm, and then a different relay network and ultimately a different sidechain"
- blockstream: "people having funds in LN and sidechains wont ever really transact personally on the real bitcoin blockchain. because hubs and exchanges handle that. so they wont need to be full nodes for personal reasons."

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: