Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:18:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Would The Real Satoshi Come Out of Hiding?  (Read 537 times)
Junko (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:35:34 AM

Whether or not you believe Craig Wright is the real Satoshi (I personally couldn't care less either way) Why would the real Satoshi Nakamoto want or feel the need to come out of hiding at this point?

After all these years, what possible practical or impractical reasons would he do so? What would compel him after being in hiding for so long to seemingly out of the blue, just announce himself? Fame? Recognition? To say how happy/unhappy he is with the direction bitcoin is going? What?
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:39:53 AM

Fame? Recognition? To say how happy/unhappy he is with the direction bitcoin is going? What?

Those are all understandable reasons -- he/they is human after all.  I think the most likely reason he would come out of hiding would be if he plans to sell some of his old coins.  Those addresses are monitored, and any movement would likely cause a market panic/crash. Also, it might be tough to stay anonymous when trying to withdraw after selling on an exchange.  So Satoshi would have an incentive in that case to come forward, and explain why, when, and how much of his stash he was planning to sell.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:43:12 AM

maybe because of the block debate? and the capacity increase issue, and maybe because all of this is happening near the halving, this is without doubt, a big moment for bitcoin

it could make sense for him to come out now, however this does not mean that i believe he is the real satoshi...
Blind Legs Parker

Activity: 2002
Merit: 721

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:49:50 AM

Bitcoin was meant to be decentralized. Satoshi disappeared because he didn't want anybody to have absolute power over any decision related to bitcoin, not even himself. It wouldn't make sense for him to come out now even if it was to bring a solution to the blocksize debate since he knows that his decision would be taken as the word of God, that the debate would end there immediately without anyone thinking any further for fear of being burnt at the stake by the entire worshipers' community and that it would completely defeat the purpose.
Plus there would be no need whatsoever for him to reveal his true appearance.

Vous pouvez maintenant refermer ce topic et reprendre une activité normale. À ciao bonsoir.
Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:54:35 AM

maybe at the 10 year mark he comes out and lets us know what
he thinks of his project and what he hopes going forward

for now it seems to be working fine on its own

Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 08:10:32 AM

Nope.

To come out of hiding after it's gotten this far, he'd have to be dumb enough to get hit TWICE by the same bolt of lightning.  And he isn't.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 08:16:17 AM

The show must go on: Bitcoin has turned into a sci-fi comedy for the world out there. Mainstream media work this way, they need sensationalism in every area they can cover.
Bitcoin was no longer in the news and bang here you have a new Satoshi.
The first one, the japanese Nakamoto: remember him?

This will be a cyclic thing guys. Expect new claims in the future.
praprata

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 08:24:09 AM

I do not know what to believe at the moment. Maybe that Craig guy is speaking the truth it does not even matter to me. I saw it on the new yesterday but I do not know how he is going to prove that he is the inventor of Bitcoin.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
Ulloa

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 09:35:17 AM

Yeah I do not know why, I personally do not even care who is the real Satoshi. This guy Craig Wright claims that he is the inventor of the Bitcoin. I do not know how he is going tom prove that but it does not even matter to most people.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: