Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:51:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Steam accepting Bitcoin  (Read 482 times)
PinkLlama (OP)

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 09:32:14 AM

Steam has recently started to accept Bitcoin. I think that this is a really cool thing and a really big step for BTC and the whole community.

Developing great Bitcoin tools for the community
DuckKeeper

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 01:51:24 PM

That's so cool now every gamer who has some bit coins that they don't use can actually
buy games with it that's a nice introducing by steam. Go steam this is the future of the bitcoin
NewInCryptoCurrency

Activity: 326

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:06:03 PM

As you can see now you see that the Bitcoin is getting more used and more acceptable and that would be perfect if steam is now accepting Bitcoin.
Because than there will be more people that is going to use Bitcoin as their payment method so steam will also earn more money.
partysaurus

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:08:45 PM

this is super good news.
one more big platform that let you buy things for bitcoins its very nice.
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:16:30 PM

Steam has recently started to accept Bitcoin. I think that this is a really cool thing and a really big step for BTC and the whole community.
This is a really big step for Bitcoin first the combination between Bitcoin and gambling sites was also a good idea and now Steam.
This is going to be great for both companies I am sure that they will both profit from this partnership.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:17:40 PM

This indeed will serve as a step for a community that potentially can adopt bitcoin with ease.
I thought this is an old news. There are many other threads discussing this.
Dekker3D

Activity: 434

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:22:16 PM

This indeed will serve as a step for a community that potentially can adopt bitcoin with ease.
I thought this is an old news. There are many other threads discussing this.

Yep me too, this is an old news but it seems it's not affecting the price yet. Probably they need to market it further it's either the gamers don't know what bitcoin is or the bitcoiners doesn't know that steam is now supporting it.

Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1004

www.licx.io

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:28:41 PM

wow. it was great. I think if steam accept bitcoin, only a matter of time until the player-player online games know that bitcoin was really a good means of payment. This may be one example of the development of bitcoin

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
 Low Fidelity - High Potential 
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████

█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
x4

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:29:35 PM

Good news for those steam gamers who used bitcoin also, now its  much easiear to buy games and items with bitcoins.
saiha

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:31:03 PM

Good news for those steam gamers who used bitcoin also, now its  much easiear to buy games and items with bitcoins.

But still there are 3rd party websites that sells services for steam and they are much cheaper than steam because they have discounts.
You are right it is more easier to purchase a game with them and very fast transaction is what bitcoin assured steam.

Vires in Numeris
NordicRanger

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:36:06 PM

This is a really big step for Bitcoin first the combination between Bitcoin and gambling sites was also a good idea and now Steam.
This is going to be great for both companies I am sure that they will both profit from this partnership.
For Bitcoin to into the gaming industry is a great thing to do. This way people get more motivated to make use of Bitcoins, Bitcoin is doing a great job by working together with these other companies.
saiha

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:39:14 PM

For Bitcoin to into the gaming industry is a great thing to do. This way people get more motivated to make use of Bitcoins, Bitcoin is doing a great job by working together with these other companies.

Steam is a well-known gaming platform and many gamers were using steam. So that's a really good job for bitcoin and it can boost its popularity and more people will be into bitcoins when they found out that it is very easy to this currency.

Vires in Numeris
x4

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 03:27:43 PM

But still there are 3rd party websites that sells services for steam and they are much cheaper than steam because they have discounts.
You are right it is more easier to purchase a game with them and very fast transaction is what bitcoin assured steam.

You are right dude. I didn't buy steam wallet codes for dota 2 buying sets and itens in steam I buy in steamgamebtc.com because its cheaper to buy there unlike in there main site
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 03:36:55 PM

You sir/maam, are quite a few weeks late to announce this. It was a big fuss back then when Steam just recently accepted bitcoins. It was also speculated that the bitcoin adoption of Steam contributed to the trend before.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: