Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:17:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING!!! Just Asic user SCAM!!!!  (Read 409 times)
jacobmayes94 (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 01:30:52 PM

Okay so i agree to buy a titan off him with escrow. I get a warning from a user about the images being fake from him, id already smelt a rat, he then insists on contacting ognasty himself. Does a link to the escrow topic but hyperlinks it: http://bitocintalk-topic303181.eu5.org/ this is a fake site with a different address, I was safe because 1) i insisted on contacting ognasty myself as should be done, and 2 the wallet addresses of course didnt match and its so clearly fake.

Bastard.
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 03:22:29 PM

Thx for info
jacobmayes94 (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 05:14:48 PM

No problem, if i was a billionaire, i should so send the 8.1 BTC as an unspendable output, but alas, thats a waste of good bitcoins XD
arwin100

Activity: 2744
Merit: 812

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 11:40:16 PM

Okay so i agree to buy a titan off him with escrow. I get a warning from a user about the images being fake from him, id already smelt a rat, he then insists on contacting ognasty himself. Does a link to the escrow topic but hyperlinks it: http://bitocintalk-topic303181.eu5.org/ this is a fake site with a different address, I was safe because 1) i insisted on contacting ognasty myself as should be done, and 2 the wallet addresses of course didnt match and its so clearly fake.

Bastard.

is that guy came from malaysia?? And name aric trader? Or aric bitcoin trader? Well if yes he is known scammer and continoue doing scam to people in crypto world hes using fake id and fake info or even fake proof picture so he can victimized hes target  and he scammed us last year hes making a fb investment group.

jacobmayes94 (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 04:26:28 AM

Just.Asic was the name he was using, I negative his trust rating.

Sneaky bastard though, especially such a sum of money. Even though I had had a drink, I applied my usual vigilance, that is the second attempt recently at my bitcoins, first was saved by the use of 2FA.

This yet again shows, ALWAYS ALWAYS use escrow with someone trusted AND verify the addresses and any hyperlinks given and CONTACT the escrow service yourself, in my case ognasty. I have his address saved in my bitcoin QT wallet from his sig anyway which of course didn't match whats on that scammers link.
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 04:36:41 AM

Scam accusations should be the proper topic to post in. Lucky you were alert and did not simply click links given. There has been occurrences too where scammers fake escrower to pm victims too recently

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: