Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:14:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will Craig Wright's next stunt most likely actually be?  (Read 1512 times)
zend7

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

Hackers please hack me .... if you can :)

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:51:31 PM

dumping all his coins to create a panic like none of us have ever seen  Lips sealed

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:55:48 PM

at this point like i've said they could have steal the wallet from satoshi, and moving old coins, from initial blocks, would not be so hard for him

or maybe satoshi is dead and he found his paper wallet, or whatever he used for cold storage

something like that:

Seems Klieman's brother Ira, could have some interesting keys on a USBdrive. And its reported that Craig has been in contact with Ira, post Dave's death. If Bitcoin was Dave's baby, Craig could reasonably have possession of said keys. I said "If"!  

http://gizmodo.com/this-australian-says-he-and-his-dead-friend-invented-bi-1746958692
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 07:55:45 AM

Craig "Satoshi" Wright said he was going to move them

hahah this guy is so funny lol. He doesn't need to move any coin to prove it, just sign the fcking message if he has the prive keys

Something is weird. He provided a message and a signature, but there's nothing in the message to indicate that he signed it himself, or when it was signed. It could have been signed months or years ago and there's no way to prove otherwise.

To understand what is really going on, you need to read carefully what Craig Wright has always said and continues to reiterate:

In his initial blog post, Wright noted that “Satoshi is dead... but this is only the beginning.” He also said that he would follow up with a more detailed mathematical explanation for the revelation. Now, the world will likely have to wait for “the coming days”—however long that may be—for more clues.

If I sign Craig Wright, it is not the same as if I sign Craig Wright, Satoshi.

I think this is true, but in my heart I wish it wasn’t.

Since those early days, after distancing myself from the public persona that was Satoshi,

Satoshi is dead.

But this is only the beginning.

You need to remember that Craig Wright has never claimed he is Satoshi Nakamoto. Instead, he has claimed that his former colleague (who died) was Satoshi. He claims he was backing his colleague's the development of Bitcoin.

This Australian Says He and His Dead Friend Invented Bitcoin

David Kleiman, Craig Wright's friend more likely Satoshi Nakamoto

OK so this might get a little meandering but I keep finding tidbits of David Kleiman's life that makes him a far more likely candidate for Satoshi than Wright. So here are some in no specific order.

Remember that Craig Wright had obtained funding for and was running a the largest Supercomputer in Australia. So what Craig has ostensibly done is he is used supercomputer resources to find the inverse of a hash function and then used one of Satoshi old transactions to pretend he has the private key:

The implication is that either Craig Wright has stumbled upon an infinitesimally rare occurrence of an SHA256 collision, or that he had used the signature from block 258 to reverse engineer a hash (the first shown in his blog demonstration) and hoped that nobody would notice. ycombinator user JoukeH noticed.

Realize that he has probably promised to endorse Andresen's block chain scaling preferences and thus probably why Gavin wants him to be Satoshi:

Andresen’s only attempt at an explanation for Wright’s bizarre behavior, he says, is an ambivalence about definitively revealing himself after so many years in hiding. “I think the most likely explanation is that … he really doesn’t want to take on the mantle of being the inventor of Bitcoin,” says Andresen, who notes that his own credibility is at stake, too. “Maybe he wants things to be really weird and unclear, which would be bad for me.”

That uncertainty, Andresen says, seemed to be evident in Wright’s manner at the time of their demonstration. Andresen describes Wright as seeming “sad” and “overwhelmed” by the decision to come forward. “His voice was breaking.

Remember that after his death, David Kleiman's family recovered his USB flash drive and gave it to Craig Wright. Thus likely Craig Wright may have an unpublished transaction but not the actual private key. So he may be about to fool the world into thinking he is Satoshi, or making some proof that he was the man behind the man who was the real Satoshi.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 08:01:06 AM

No - what Craig did was grab an existing signature used by Satoshi and pretend he had created it to sign a document by Sartre (which is fraud and even Gavin is not sure what on earth to make of that).

And he *is* claiming to be Satoshi (which is why he asked Gavin to come and *verify* his claim).

Also - why are you posting the exact same thing in multiple topics?

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 08:06:56 AM

No - what Craig did was grab an existing signature used by Satoshi and pretend he had created it to sign a document by Sartre (which is fraud and even Gavin is not sure what on earth to make of that).

And he *is* claiming to be Satoshi (which is why he asked Gavin to come and *verify* his claim).

Also - why are you posting the exact same thing in multiple topics?

Re-read my post, you didn't seem to understand it. Craig has not said he is Satoshi. Find a quote where he said that. You won't. He has always said it was his colleague.

And with his access to a supercomputer, it is plausible he was able to reverse the hash in order to find a text that matched the signature that was already on the blockchain. Without that explanation, then he must have the private key! You seem to not understand the technology.  Roll Eyes

I am replying to every topic where my post is relevant. I am not the one who created so many duplicate topics.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 08:08:46 AM

I am replying to every topic where my post is relevant. I am not the one who created so many duplicate topics.

It isn't relevant and it is just spamming (you could start your own topic of course).

And if he was saying that he just knew Satoshi and is not Satoshi then why does Gavin come out this "meeting" saying that he is Satoshi (surely he would  have told Gavin it was his friend and not him).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 08:11:19 AM

It isn't relevant and it is just spamming (you could start your own topic of course).

And if he was saying that he just knew Satoshi and is not Satoshi then why does Gavin come out this "meeting" saying that he is Satoshi (surely he would  have told Gavin it was his friend and not him).

You are just butthurt.

It is very relevant.

Craig has played Gavin. He knows Gavin needs support for his preferences for the block scaling debate.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 08:12:27 AM

You are just butthurt.

It is very relevant.

Butthurt by what exactly?

(perhaps due to seeing your same post spammed in every topic?)

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 08:14:10 AM

You are just butthurt.

It is very relevant.

Butthurt by what exactly?

(perhaps due to seeing your same post spammed in every topic?)

Don't pretend you've forgotten when you closed the technical thread where we were debating and told me in PM that you never wanted to talk to me again.

I don't have time for your melodrama. Bye.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 08:15:07 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2016, 09:00:49 AM by CIYAM

Don't pretend you've forgotten when you closed the technical thread where we were debating and told me in PM that you never wanted to talk to me again.

Then please go (believe it or not you won't be missed).

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 09:03:49 AM

Then please go (believe it or not you won't be missed).

Err, I actually miss him already.  Grin
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 09:07:12 AM

Err, I actually miss him already.  Grin

He's posting the same stuff in multiple topics so I'm sure that you can find him easily enough.

At the moment he is simply having troubles admitting that Craig Wright has claimed that he is Satoshi despite being presented with the evidence (including Craig Wright actually saying so).

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 09:40:15 AM

Err, I actually miss him already.  Grin

He's posting the same stuff in multiple topics so I'm sure that you can find him easily enough.

Come on, admit it; that was damn funny.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 09:41:33 AM

Come on, admit it; that was damn funny.

It certainly is funny that in the face of Craig Wright actually "saying" that he is Satoshi @TBTB keeps on insisting that he has never made such a statement.

Or do you think his lame attempts at trolling me are funny?

(I'd think to qualify as funny there would need to be some sort of humour involved - but maybe I simply cannot detect it)

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: