Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 08:15:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining part shop  (Read 445 times)
PinkLlama (OP)

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 07:30:59 PM

So, I had a thought in mind. To start a cryptocurrency mining gear (and general cryptocurrency related goods) shop that only accepts Bitcoin as the payment method. Your thoughts on this? I think I may be able to work it out in a way.

Developing great Bitcoin tools for the community
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 3475

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 04:31:56 AM

Due to your level, there will always be the issue of trusting your shop (if ever you go with this idea), so you should acquire one of the known escrow providers (OgNasty for instance) to help you make it happen. There's already few (good ones) shops that have been doing what your trying to do for some time and the only way if your going to be successful is, if your going to offer something that none of them offer, perhaps something like purchase rewards that could be added to their account and used on their next purchase and etc... Regardless of what I said, it will always be good to have another competition for those out there and could surely make all of them improve in the long run too.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 11:17:14 AM

Due to your level, there will always be the issue of trusting your shop (if ever you go with this idea), so you should acquire one of the known escrow providers (OgNasty for instance) to help you make it happen. There's already few (good ones) shops that have been doing what your trying to do for some time and the only way if your going to be successful is, if your going to offer something that none of them offer, perhaps something like purchase rewards that could be added to their account and used on their next purchase and etc... Regardless of what I said, it will always be good to have another competition for those out there and could surely make all of them improve in the long run too.
He didn't specify if he wanted to do this on the forum, if OP starts his own website, which is most likely I think, it would be pretty strange to offer escrow.
Maybe not for the first few purchases, but have you ever seen a web-shop that offers escrow?

canadian1969

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 11:35:33 AM

I can easily envision a shop like this on Openbazaar,   but if you want to create a ebay style 'person to person' market than I can also see escrow being valuable. If the site (being the trusted 3rd party) holds the escrow and mediates disputes I can see it working, but is a centralized approach with the cost of infrastructure and escrow account being possible points of failure.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: