Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:16:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory Offline Wallet Cold Storage on Windows 10  (Read 784 times)
islandstyle79 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 07:32:46 PM

Can I get some feedback from everyone regarding this please....

I'm trying to figure out if it's okay to create an offline cold storage wallet using Armory on Windows 10 and not using Linux or Ubuntu.  I've seen a lot of older video links with people showing you how to create the offline wallet using Linux and Ubuntu but again is it okay to just use Windows 10?  I look forward to any and all feedback.  I have already made sure my wifi/internet settings are off.  This computer for the cold storage will not touch the internet.  Thank you!
visdude
Legendary

Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 08:27:43 PM

Can I get some feedback from everyone regarding this please....

I'm trying to figure out if it's okay to create an offline cold storage wallet using Armory on Windows 10 and not using Linux or Ubuntu.  I've seen a lot of older video links with people showing you how to create the offline wallet using Linux and Ubuntu but again is it okay to just use Windows 10?  I look forward to any and all feedback.  I have already made sure my wifi/internet settings are off.  This computer for the cold storage will not touch the internet.  Thank you!

It should just be a matter of installing the Windows executable version of Armory for both online and offline wallets. But then again, I don't do W10 (and never will until W7 could no longer function) so I could be wrong.

Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 08:36:56 PM

Yes. Using a Windows OS on the offline machine is perfectly acceptable.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 07:40:06 PM

You just create it the same way you'd do on another platform. Have a secure computer, install Armory, create a wallet, backup your root key and create a watch-only wallet.
islandstyle79 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 07:58:18 PM

Thank you so much for your help guys!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: