Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:38:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin doubts for an average person  (Read 1509 times)
umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 09:09:58 AM

I think the basic doubts for an average person would be how to use bitcoin or how to start earning money from it and how to spend it these are basic doubts that will come to every individual's mind.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 11:34:17 AM

I think the basic doubts for an average person would be how to use bitcoin or how to start earning money from it and how to spend it these are basic doubts that will come to every individual's mind.

You would be surprised it's moving more and more out there.  To loose some of the "bad" things that BTC can be used to do a lot refer to it when inesting as blockchain technology or something like that.

But my family always knew I mined BTC kinda hard to hide when I started in house before having mining area.  But now some members ask more and more about it.   I think we have gained ground from my personal experience. 

We are not at mass adoption, and some will always want fiat.  but I think we actually have a promising outlook as far as bitcoin spreading currently.
saiha

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 12:03:43 PM

An average person would definitely doubts on bitcoin if you can't show him some proof of payments or exchange that bitcoin is real.
Like exchanging bitcoins into fiat money.

Vires in Numeris
Shibashi Dogemoto

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 12:43:48 PM

An average person would definitely doubts on bitcoin if you can't show him some proof of payments or exchange that bitcoin is real.
Like exchanging bitcoins into fiat money.

First of all you need to show him how to earn from bitcoin, if he understands it successfully then rest everything will follow it.
Boosterious

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

The mind is everything. What you think you become.

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 05:40:56 PM

Hi, I have been reading a lot about bitcoin, and I still have some doubts, but from what I have been reading I know some things:

- Mining is not profitable even on ASICs, (maybe it is if you have lots of them, and cheap or free electricity)
- Depending on the wallet that you choose you can be highly vulnerable to get your money stolen.
- It seems that you need to have some kinda advanced programing knowledge.
- Faucets are a waste of time, you only get dust.
- Buying bitcoins is the only way to get more money by selling them when the price raise.

But I still do not know some things (I dont know how to compile a software, I have a macbook air and a desktop windows pc):
' I dont have too much space on my mac, maybe 40 Gb to spare and 20 gb on desktop

- As I was reading it seems that armory is the most secure wallet, but now is been developed
 by goatpig and he doesnt release a dmg file just some files to compile it, and I am a total noob on that, so if someone could help me but in like baby steps ,it would be great.

- I was reading that either on armory or in another wallet, it is highly recommended to create a paper wallet or cold storage wallet, I dont have another pc with offline conection, so it is recommended to use a paper wallet? if I cant get a cold storage wallet, would that be enough, doing something like this, buy bitcoins, and then just keep them on a paper wallet, and if I need them I just transfer all or just a few them later, to another wallet or the same, as I said I dont know too much about this.

I could not find all this info, or at least not so clear for someone like me that doesnt know to much about programing.

Thanks in advance
Mining is not profitable even on ASICs,
i'm not a bitcoin miner,but its really not profitable if i mine use ASICs?
yes i know that bitcoin is doubts for some people,its one of many reason why they dont want take any risk to invest or hold bitcoin,but this is positive for us to encourage they and make sure that bitcoin is better than they thought,not an easy duty to make they sure about bitcoin,but i will not stop to try it.

terman45x

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 08:59:40 PM

The basic doubt would be whether it will survive for a longer period or not as majority of people don't have faith in things which are related to internet.
crazywack
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 09:04:24 PM

Fcleon,

It's like gold. With a few more utilities. Some use it as a medium for trading, saving against inflation, long term invetment, short term invetment, electronic payments, cross border payments and much more.

It's not for everyone, but choose what interests you most about it. For me it was trading against Altcoins when I started. Now I stick to the proven bread winners and projects I know development is being accomplished in.

For you it could be a short/long term invetment or margin trading.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: