Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:29:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Bubble Bull Market?  (Read 764 times)
Timodeus (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 04:51:35 PM

I got into BTC at the start of January and did a little buying and selling but only rode the train a little ways into this huge move the past month and a half. I get some bad sensations looking at this chart: http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#tgSzm1g10zm2g25zvzcv

Does anyone else see a bubble? I've only been reading off and on the past few weeks as I don't invest too much time into BTC (I see it as a curiousity) but I follow the price everyday on my phone. I am wondering what everyone thinks of this latest move, where is all the demand coming from?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
peterz

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:00:42 PM

To me it seems, because Bitcoin appeared in mainstream news recently, and that draws a lot of new interest, and that's why the price goes up. But nobody know how long that interest will last.
Bitformance.com

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:08:02 PM

I'm pretty sure nobody sees a bubble *ironic wink*, however I don't think this is relevat from a long term perspective. Whatever happens, I am pretty sure the price will be higher than now in 2 years.
Last bubble 2 years back peaked at around 30 usd.

There is a substantial delay, not everybody who wants to buy can do so, it takes time to set up everything (transfer cash to mtgox or everywere else), so the bubble doesn't even expand as fast as possible. I mean I'm desperatly waiting for it to burst, but now I think it might even cross 300 USD.

If you are interested long term, I'd just buy at regular intervals regardles of price. (i.e. 100 USD every week). That way you get the average price over the year
endoplasm

Activity: 18

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:22:39 PM

No reason for it to burst other than a major robbery or government intervention.  I say it cruises on until maybe people think it's not worth as much as they are paying. 
wesleybruce

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:26:22 PM

Technologies do S-curves regularly. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technology_life_cycle
We are at A on the graphic but how close to M are we? Also how short will the vital life be? That's the question.
There are three possible trajectories.
Up and back down to $40 [L on the wikipedia s-curve graphic] with a very short vital life measured in weeks. A lot of people moving their wealth through bitcoin to gold and something safer than the Euro.
An S curve with it levelling off soon.  Long vital life period measured in years.
A bumpy S curve with it levelling off down a $100 but still above the start last year due to the increased awareness and skill.  L' on the wikipedia s-curve graphic.

In all three cases the early adopters that created or bought bitcoins below $50 will be cashed up and can now do a lot more work to improve it.

I missed out and wont be buying till it goes back down. I could have bought in when it was at 40c but I spent the money on medical stuff. [Hernia. I do not recommend the illness. OUCH ] I've made the same mistake with gold.  Cry
Bitformance.com

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:34:44 PM

https://i.imgur.com/F5yDSqi.png
noob_jul11

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:39:28 PM

I think some powers to be are propping up the price; only to crash it when they have made their profit / target / achieve their goals - be it monetary or to kill btc's interest.
Jaw3bmasters

Activity: 196

Another block in the wall

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:53:37 PM

You're in a bubble if you think about Bitcoin all day, and night.

I wouldn't go about superimposing the old-fiat world's structure to what is now Bitcoin.

In Cryptography we trust.
FreddyFender

Activity: 215

Shamantastic!

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:54:39 PM

The history of Bitcoin show the 3 distinct phases. Early on the jump from $0.006 to $0.25 was miraculous during the summer/fall of 2010. 4167% growth in something deemed impossible or highly unlikely, was what brought me to the fold. I joined Bitcoin as prices spiked again from $0.11 to $0.19, then $0.21, $0.25, $0.29!
Everyone was running around like the world was on fire. "This price is unsustainable!" "The market is too green and untested!" "We must build up to infrastructure!"
In the summer of 2011, the bubble formed that would define Bitcoin until present day. It began with some press in money market sites and key meetings, such as FBI, CIA/Langley, and day trading via MtGox et. al.
The magnificent Manipulator began his quest to shake the tree. Vomit Comet price walls on both sides of the isle shot prices 70% up and 80% down in rapid succession, nothing but amputated fingers all over the floor from everyone trying to catch the knife. We survived. We regrouped and refocused our energies into learning from mistakes. New subgroups formed to quickly overhaul weaknesses and build missing infrastructure.
We also had a huge influx of brutal trolling. It appears that professionals arrived to sway the timid and overrun the forums. We had moderators spoofed, profiles were appearing at the rate of 10-20 a minute and messing every thread with FUD and goading rants designed to intimidate the strongest among us. It seems nobody likes a winner;) Wink
The Current bubble is an almost exact mimic of the last one with perigy appearing to be in the $400 range. Fallback would still place it in the $250-$300 with quick return to even higher evaluation.
The queue in MtGox verification says it all... many new strategic investors are days away from joining Bitcoin and you have that to look forward to.
FF

Kyje

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:56:16 PM

Be careful guys. In the world of equity (stocks) not even professional traders try to time the market.
wesleybruce

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:15:29 AM

Yep that's me. lol.  Cry
#Darren

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:43:01 AM

No reason for it to burst other than a major robbery or government intervention.  I say it cruises on until maybe people think it's not worth as much as they are paying. 

This is much like a stock market bubble, and yes they do burst, all the time.   No robbery or govt intervention needed.

████████████████
   ████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████   ███████████████████
█████████████████        ███████████████
█████████████████          █████████████
█████████████████            ████████████
█████████████████             ███████████
█████████████████              ██████████
█████████████████              ██████████
█████████████████            ███████████
█████████████████          █████████████
█████████████████      ███████████████
█████████████████ ████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
     █████████████████
          ████
DIA | OPEN ACCESS FINANCIAL DATA
123kidbp

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:15:42 AM

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3tugh2/
ByTeCee

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:28:37 AM

You're in a bubble if you think about Bitcoin all day, and night.

I wouldn't go about superimposing the old-fiat world's structure to what is now Bitcoin.

LOL!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, BTC isnt like any other market at any time or in any place.

Get real.

ByTeCee

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:32:48 AM

Be careful guys. In the world of equity (stocks) not even professional traders try to time the market.

Exactly. It's dangerous to your wealth trying to trade BTC right now. Its time to cash out, sit back and watch. 

JaLaMaN

Activity: 55

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 09:32:17 AM

LOL!!!! So is it....
andybird123

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:24:32 AM

only put as much in to bitcoins as you can afford to lose entirely
it did drop substantially yesterday down to around $100, then back up to $170-180... you could of made a killing... however hindsight is always 20/20 and it could equally have kept falling to $50 and stayed there

me, I'm just mining them with hardware I have anyway, so if they crash I haven't really lost anything as such
peterz

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:17:21 PM

This kind of volatility is expected, since many new people are jumping into it.
Kryai

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:45:11 PM

Everyone's a fantastic trader with hindsight. This market is not for the faint of heart. Trading from $60-80 on one exchange right now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: