Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:46:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-05-04] The Cryptographically Provable Con Man  (Read 309 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 08:34:15 AM

The Cryptographically Provable Con Man

It’s not actually surprising that somebody would claim to be the creator of Bitcoin.  Whoever “Satoshi Nakamoto” is, is worth several hundred million dollars.  What is surprising is that credible people were backing Craig Wright’s increasingly bizarre claims.  I could speculate why, or I could just ask.  So I mailed Gavin Andreson, Chief Scientist of the Bitcoin Foundation.

https://dankaminsky.com/2016/05/03/the-cryptographically-provable-con-man/

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 09:19:13 AM

I don't think that he's the worlds first 'Cryptographically Provable' con man I think the media, like with everything they do, have taken either a complete lie or extremely unreliable proof. For those of us in the know, we were already asking, why didn't he just sign the genesis block if he was really Satoshi Nakamoto, if it was really him he would have no problem doing that.

What a bunch of morons, you can expect though they're all just going to carry on with this farce and act as if they did nothing wrong.
aliashraf
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174

Always remember the cause!

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 10:34:31 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2016, 10:47:29 AM by aliashraf

I don't think that he's the worlds first 'Cryptographically Provable' con man
It is a shame, holding a title like 'legendary' even in shittiest sites and being so reckless... You and people like you are just gambling, I afraid you lose.
There is no 'cryptographically provable con man' in the world. Cryptography and analytic mathematics can't do anything about sophisticated social behavior of human beings, cons being among the most sophisticated ones. You are making  a completely irrelevant assertion.
Dr. Wright is not a con man, he simply can't be. Not because of some stupid hash algorithm but because of our well established social and psychological knowledge and to me, it is of a very little importance whether he moves the holy coins or decides not to. I have very much stronger reasons than on'es holding of some lengthy silly key sequence that may have been lost or stolen.
I know Wright, I know Gavin and in a non- decentralized, deep humanitarian un-cryptographic way, I DO trust this guys as being respectful, honest and dedicated to science. This guys, never ever will tilt in the scales that people like you try to 'prove cryptographically'. I even will not spend like 1 minute to read your proof. Go find something new, something original, Miss Cryptography has been married to Satoshi Craig Wright once in a catholic church in the presence of billions of witnesses, go find some original idea and come here to show off.

Dr. Wright,  has been spotted long before the revelation, as being Satoshi because of his personal unique characteristics and "deep admin level knowledge of Blockchain". And now he has decided to take the huge responsibility of being Satoshi Nakamoto for free. A respected scientist/hacker/entrepreneur takes the responsibility with no proven(cryptographically or imaginary) evil motivation. This is it! Don't fool yourself/others.
Just stay calm and watch. Don't mess everything up, don't make everything harder for you and your party (and yes, you belong to a party, no?).
Stay calm and prepare for some declaration of mis-judgement or something like that, instead of ending your id's career because of disgrace.
According to the last comments of  Craig he went to Gavin not to show his support of Gavin's position in the current debates but for a very (cryptographically unsolvable) humanitarian cause: He owed it to Gavin. He had let him to be the first one who officially knows Satoshi Nakamoto, simply because he was the last person who was in touch with him.
Most of the people who post worthless comments like yours, are just afraid of the shift in the power and being left on the weaker side as a result, (another cryptographically unsolvable social behavior). My message: Don't panic! It is Satoshi Nakamoto, everything will be ok.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: