Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:44:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinions needed  (Read 739 times)
Grenadier214 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 07:59:12 PM

Hello.

My name is Richard,

I have lurked around bitcointalk for a while now, and i decided to register a few days ago. I want some professional opinions from people of what they think of the new service i am setting up. I am setting up a service that allows people to buy web hosting for bitcoins, its a one time payment, and then you get the account forever, until you decide to cancel it.  I have purchased servers, and its all set up, i just need to finish off the website.

I'm looking for some opinions, you can be harsh, honesty is preferred, i plan to make a really GOOD go of this, and i want it to be as professional as possible. Here is the website: http://111webhosting.info

Please keep in mind i have years of experience with the web hosting industry, and its a great interest of mine.

Also, keep in mind that the website is no were near finished, i still have alot to do, and i'm really busy with it..

Please test out the payment gateway to by clicking the pay with bitcoin button on the order page, i would like opinions on that to.

FIRE! You can also ask me questions about it if you like.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 08:01:51 PM

Something real quick,

no should be no.

were should be where

its should be it's

"no subscription payments" should have a semi-colon ";" instead of the comma.

Otherwise looks professional Smiley

nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 08:04:32 PM

Fewer exclamation marks.
Grenadier214 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 08:10:00 PM

Yes i know, im not a grammar master! xD Ill be updating, any more input aside from the fact that i sometimes write like a 3 year old?  Cheesy
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2013, 11:27:03 PM

Hello.

My name is Richard,

I have lurked around bitcointalk for a while now, and i decided to register a few days ago. I want some professional opinions from people of what they think of the new service i am setting up. I am setting up a service that allows people to buy web hosting for bitcoins, its a one time payment, and then you get the account forever, until you decide to cancel it.  I have purchased servers, and its all set up, i just need to finish off the website.

I'm looking for some opinions, you can be harsh, honesty is preferred, i plan to make a really GOOD go of this, and i want it to be as professional as possible. Here is the website: http://111webhosting.info

Please keep in mind i have years of experience with the web hosting industry, and its a great interest of mine.

Also, keep in mind that the website is no were near finished, i still have alot to do, and i'm really busy with it..

Please test out the payment gateway to by clicking the pay with bitcoin button on the order page, i would like opinions on that to.

FIRE! You can also ask me questions about it if you like.

I'm having a hard time, Mr. Mawdsley, believing you've been in the web hosting industry for years, considering: http://forum.youhosting.com/search-posts-user964.html
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 11:53:57 PM

Yes i know, im not a grammar master! xD Ill be updating, any more input aside from the fact that i sometimes write like a 3 year old?  Cheesy
The "Home Widget" 1, 2, and 3 seem redundant, and give no explanation of what a "home widget" is.

The black footer is too tall; without it, there's no need for a scrollbar at my resolution.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2013, 02:39:16 PM

I want some professional opinions from people of what they think of the new service i am setting up.

My rate is 0.5btc for my professional opinion. But right now you probably won't like it.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 04:00:26 PM

Selling web services to people who own Bitcoins is a cutthroat business.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
galaxyAbstractor

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2013, 09:28:24 PM

Selling web services to people who own Bitcoins is a cutthroat business.

Could you explain why? Me and a friend are in plans to start something small, mostly (for me at least) have something to put in our portfolios as we are webdev students, but of course some extra money would be nice, even if not a lot. Why is it such a bad idea?

1gaLaxy9csuBTvNLJYoUy6sengQbh1TpV
Pyramining - Invest in mining!
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 10:06:44 PM

No one trusts .info domains.

Blue and gray text on black? Come ooon.

What's with the lower black frame contrasting with the white one? Are you trying to purposefully give people headaches?

No one trusts companies calling themselves 111x or AAAx

No one trusts contactless unknowns hiding behind whoisguard

What is the search for? What would you even search for on a site like that? Everything interesting should be clearly and easily reachable via the frontpage.

What's with the unneccessary web 2.0 stuff? You're not a social network. I don't want to comment on your site. Why is the possiblity even displayed?

Why is every content page built on a completely different design template than the front page?

There's a login, but no https. Hell, the login is a plain text form.

Home button is snap dab pasted on another button still visible behind it.

typos typos typos typos typos

tl;dr: Everything one could possibly do wrong is done wrong. The only thing that's missing is blinking scroll text and animated gifs.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 10:26:00 PM

Its a bad idea. The reason it is to hard to get BTC and there is no price stability. So people dont know what they are paying and you dont know what you are getting. I would say that staring a service in exchange for litecoins would be better. Because it is not hoarded and there are more of them. People are more willing to use them as currency.   
galaxyAbstractor

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2013, 11:09:15 PM

Its a bad idea. The reason it is to hard to get BTC and there is no price stability. So people dont know what they are paying and you dont know what you are getting. I would say that staring a service in exchange for litecoins would be better. Because it is not hoarded and there are more of them. People are more willing to use them as currency.   

But as long as you sell the BTC as soon as you get them (and have your prices dynamically go after the current value), you as a seller is protected from the value decreasing (but obviously you wont be able to gain something if the value goes up)?

And I think it's stupid thinking it's hard to get BTC. If everyone is thinking like that, no ones gonna accept BTC. I thought we were striving to get BTC widely used?

1gaLaxy9csuBTvNLJYoUy6sengQbh1TpV
Pyramining - Invest in mining!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2013, 07:20:56 PM

tl;dr: Everything one could possibly do wrong is done wrong. The only thing that's missing is blinking scroll text and animated gifs.

And snow. Lots of snow. Snow falling on the pages brings more cred. Come summertime, force a butterfly cursor.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: