Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:09:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase, CoinLab and others sued for violating MTA Requirement  (Read 4680 times)
jgarzik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:55:57 AM

See http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1dyr12/coinbase_coinlab_and_others_sued_for_violating/

Plaintiff Think Computer Corporation, by and for its complaint against ActBlue, LLC,Airbnb, Inc., Pound Payments Escrow Services, Inc. DBA Balanced Payments, ClinkleCorporation, Coinbase, Inc., Coinlab, Inc., Dwolla, Inc., Facebook, Inc., Facebook Payments,Inc., GoPago, Inc., Gumroad, Inc., Square, Inc., The Board of Trustees of the Leland StanfordJunior University, A-Grade Investments, LLC, A-Grade Investments II, LLC, AndreessenHorowitz, LLC, Andreessen Horowitz Fund I, LP, Andreessen Horowitz Fund I-A, LP,Andreessen Horowitz Fund I-B, LP, Andreessen Horowitz Fund II, LP, Andreessen HorowitzFund II-A, LP, Andreessen Horowitz Fund II-B, LP, Andreessen Horowitz Fund III, LP,Andreessen Horowitz Fund III (AIV), LP, Andreessen Horowitz Fund III-A, LP, AndreessenHorowitz Fund III-B, LP Andreessen Horowitz Fund III-Q, LP, Digital Sky Technologies,Limited, DST Global, Limited, DSTG-2 2011 Advisors, LLC, DSTG-2 2011 Investors DLP,LLC, DSTG-2 2011 Investors Onshore, LP, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, LLC, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers XIII, LLC, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers XIII Founders Fund,LLC, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers XIV, LLC, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers XV, LLC,Sequoia Capital, LLC, Sequoia Capital New Projects, LLC, Sequoia Capital XII, LP, SC XIIManagement, LLC, Sequoia Capital XII Principals Fund, LLC, Sequoia Capital Scout Fund I,LLC, Sequoia Capital Scout Fund II, LLC, Sequoia Capital U.S. Scout Fund III, LLC, SequoiaCapital U.S. Scout Seed Fund 2013, LP, Sequoia Technology Partners XII, LP, Y Combinator,LLC, Y Combinator Fund I, LP, Y Combinator Fund I GP, LLC, Y Combinator Fund II, LP, YCombinator Fund II GP, LLC, Y Combinator RE, LLC, Y Combinator S2012, LLC, YCombinator W2013, LLC, Brian Chesky, Max Levchin, Yuri Milner, and Yishan Wong(collectively, “Defendants”), avers as follows
[...]

Quite a defendants list.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 06:02:27 AM

Whoops, no pro hac vice motion could bury this.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
jgarzik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:14:09 AM

And http://abovethelaw.com/2012/05/another-one-of-zuckerbergs-former-classmates-tries-and-fails-to-cash-in-on-facebook/

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:06:36 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2013, 08:59:22 AM by repentance

I am far more amused by this than I should be.

For the record, the court has basically told him to get an attorney or fuck off.

http://blakdawg.com/gov.uscourts.cand.265908.68.0.pdf

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
BitCoinUser123

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 03:55:25 PM

For the record, the court has basically told him to get an attorney or fuck off.

As excellent as a court document really can be.

If I've been able to help out, donations are always welcome.

BTC: 1QGwEHYTdwwRU1BitLCTB5y2rdf3Sexjw7
davidspitzer

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:59:43 PM

I am reading through it, but I am trying to understand the injury to Think Computer. As one would have to show a nexus of the actions to a personal harm. Federal courts will not normally hear cases where the plaintiff does not have direct standing with a cognizable injury. For example I can not sue in federal court for misuse of tax money just because I am a tax payer.
agentbluescreen

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:51:12 PM

I am reading through it, but I am trying to understand the injury to Think Computer. As one would have to show a nexus of the actions to a personal harm. Federal courts will not normally hear cases where the plaintiff does not have direct standing with a cognizable injury. For example I can not sue in federal court for misuse of tax money just because I am a tax payer.

Isn't being extorted at gunpoint by the minions of a Tory-Bilderberg gang of standing-Pentagon communist Trotskyites to force you to pay them a rent on your private property so that they can pollute the planet with nuclear thermal pollution, toxic nuclear wastes and depleted uranium weapons of mass destruction a form of injury?

Or do you have to wait until they assault your home in the middle of the night, tie your family in chains and bundle you off to a "re-education" camp first?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: