Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:43:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does how you use a Bitcoin define what it is for legal purposes?  (Read 442 times)
ProfessionalGoogler (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 03:30:40 PM

The global legal problem surrounding Bitcoin amazes me.

All the confusion..

Could it really be every Bitcoin transaction needs to be defined differently for legal and tax purposes?

Can it be that in certain cases Bitcoin is a currency while in others property?

Many "features" exist in Bitcoin that allow progression such as this.

The internet was full of "features" that was not being utilized until many years down the road..

Are we really utilizing Bitcoin to the max? Has development on core functions come to a stop?

In the end, we are just constantly redefining 1s and 0s?
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 04:46:06 PM

Regarding few of your question,
Bitcoin can't be optimized only to include tax in every transaction however exchangers in every country can take tax out of exchange according to their government rule.

Utilizing maximum out of bitcoin is still now done, its better to say blockchain and decentralized tech have lots of potential but bitcoin can't alone show all of those capabilities.
Boosterious

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

The mind is everything. What you think you become.

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 05:56:39 AM

The global legal problem surrounding Bitcoin amazes me.

All the confusion..

Could it really be every Bitcoin transaction needs to be defined differently for legal and tax purposes?

The internet was full of "features" that was not being utilized until many years down the road..

Are we really utilizing Bitcoin to the max? Has development on core functions come to a stop?

personally i'm using bitcoin for legal purpose,always. and i think we can't do many things for bitcoin,just legal and illegal purpose,making illegal transaction with bitcoin just will make bitcoin have bad popularity for newbie and people who want know about bitcoin.

dearbesz

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 09:33:31 AM

well for me of course im using bitcoins of mine a nice way and legal purpose,
im using for my savings, expenses in my daily life, and also use it for bills of payments.
im not using it for illegal purposes. Wink
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 11:19:38 AM

If you are ProfessionalGoogler, then I'm surprised you weren't able to use the Google search engine to find answers to these questions yourself.

Governments decide based on laws how they want to treat something for legal and tax purposes.  Since many governments haven't yet created bitcoin (or cryptocurrency) specific laws, each agency needed to decide for themselves how bitcoin fit into the existing law structures.

That's how various U.S. agencies have decided to treat it.

Such as?

I'm not sure that is was, and you've offered no examples.  Even if it were so, the fact that the internet experienced something has nothing to do with whether or not the bitcoin would experience anything similar.

Are we really utilizing Bitcoin to the max?

No.  Bitcoin is still in its infancy.  It is a protocol without much infrastructure yet.

Has development on core functions come to a stop?

Apparently not:
  • 2015-02-16 Version 0.10.0 released
  • 2015-04-27 Version 0.10.1 released
  • 2015-05-19 Version 0.10.2 released
  • 2015-07-12 Version 0.11.0 released
  • 2015-10-14 Version 0.10.3 released
  • 2015-10-15 Version 0.11.1 released
  • 2015-11-13 Version 0.11.2 released
  • 2016-02-23 Version 0.12.0 released
  • 2016-04-15 Version 0.12.1 released

No, we are creating new concepts and then using a language of 1s and 0s to represent those concepts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: