Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:58:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Boycott BTC-E  (Read 2413 times)
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 03:28:25 PM

I'd loved BTC-e before this scam story but still upset too about this NVC story...
I also decided to boycott BTC-e Since this story and cashout all my coins from there.

I also decided to work on a new exchange site that I will announce very soon (prototype is ready yet) to offer alternative to btc-e. This site will be owned by Esecurity SA and I'm also going to sell up to 50% to the communauty under a share/dividend system.

This exchange will accept all NON SCAM cryptocurrency, whatever the volume is low or high ( BTCE refused to add ppc in past because low volume)

Well I dont pretend to change the world, just I want offer another alternative. I feel we are a lot of people here who need/want another exchange site.

How do you decide what is or isnt a scam currency ? Some  bitcoin users consider all alt coins as scammy  Smiley

If its a scam because of a premine then ripple is a massive scam too.

Ripple is totally different and full premined, nvc has been premined while in 3 days or like 200 000 nvc has been created but due diff increase and nvc system then 200 000 coins will need year to be created...or like.

Add the coin on your own exchange and sell it for more than 1 usd....then the premining worth 200 k usd ...
Maddof was not a scam he just forgot to pay his investors...That a bit what you are trying to explain us...
Anyway that just my thought, you are right. But a forum exist to express the opinion of each

You need to overcome the network effect. When Mt Gox first opened they had "market makers" so that you didnt have to wait long for orders to get filled.

A competitor to btc-e will need this to succeed.  Perhaps you need to raise extra funds so that the exchange can perform this function and has large reserves of both ltc and fiat.

Im owning 300 000 ltc holded. No btc actually. I have a company brning m actually 50 k usd month, and have some reserve which could help. Additionnaly, as said I will offer 50% for sales so this money could be used also in the way to make the exchange a sucess.

I'd loved BTC-e before this scam story but still upset too about this NVC story...
I also decided to boycott BTC-e Since this story and cashout all my coins from there.

I also decided to work on a new exchange site that I will announce very soon (prototype is ready yet) to offer alternative to btc-e. This site will be owned by Esecurity SA and I'm also going to sell up to 50% to the communauty under a share/dividend system.

This exchange will accept all NON SCAM cryptocurrency, whatever the volume is low or high ( BTCE refused to add ppc in past because low volume)

Well I dont pretend to change the world, just I want offer another alternative. I feel we are a lot of people here who need/want another exchange site.

The idea is great, but to succeed, you have to deal with the fiat money smoothly, that is the investors can deposit money fast & cheap. This is the most difficult problem, even with BTC-e, they also always lack the USD flow, make their BTC/LTC seems to be cheap.

If you have good bank relationship, so your exchange will be successful. If not, I doubt you can make some better achievement than some alt-coins exchanges like Vircurex.

I'm thinking about but the deposit withdraw options will be multiple and I know this is one of the most important thing. About banks I have bank accounts in Belize, St vincent and grenadine, france, thailand, Hong kong... so I have some good relation with banks usually Wink Sure it should help a lot to setup this project.
Will there be an API for the exchange? Maybe an app for mobiles?

Api is planned. Mobile application will come later if the website is a sucess.

Really looking forward to this.

more or less retired.
daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 03:29:21 PM

Would be cool, if your API would avoid some of the issues of other APIs. I.e. a method to request the potential fee of an order would be nice. I would be interested to implement and test your API, when you got one.

bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 03:33:31 PM

Im owning 300 000 ltc holded. No btc actually. I have a company brning m actually 50 k usd month, and have some reserve which could help. Additionnaly, as said I will offer 50% for sales so this money could be used also in the way to make the exchange a sucess.
that is great and it will increase your chance of success. If you can make you or your company's identity public, I think it will improve your credibility tremendously.

Even though I used btc-e, I never trusted them with my money. They can close their door any day and leave customers holding their bags. IMO the chance for a centralized anonymous exchange  to succeed is next to nil.

CryptoJunky

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2013, 03:46:11 PM

that is great and it will increase your chance of success. If you can make you or your company's identity public, I think it will improve your credibility tremendously.

Even though I used btc-e, I never trusted them with my money. They can close their door any day and leave customers holding their bags. IMO the chance for a centralized anonymous exchange  to succeed is next to nil.

This. Being a bit more open about who you and your company are could go a long to making this a success. Sounds like an awesome concept and one that I think everyone in the market may benefit from.

Vitalicus

Activity: 467
Merit: 100

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 12:42:26 AM

I also will boycot this site.
They added unknown NVC, but PPC is not yet added

disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 01:02:12 AM

Actually, Btc-e is a great exchange. I just don't appreciate that they so shamelessly promote a PPC fork that according to various sources was significantly premined. Not even talking about that bribe that was given to btc-e, which they claim to have destroyed. It is very strange - and really I mean un-fucking-believable that it should have such a high value when not many people have even heard of it yet. Very suspicious.
laughingbear (OP)
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2013, 01:12:34 AM

Actually, Btc-e is a great exchange. I just don't appreciate that they so shamelessly promote a PPC fork that according to various sources was significantly premined. Not even talking about that bribe that was given to btc-e, which they claim to have destroyed. It is very strange - and really I mean un-fucking-believable that it should have such a high value when not many people have even heard of it yet. Very suspicious.

Sums it up perfectly.

No one knows anything about the ownership of btc-e.  They act very very VERY shady. If you lose money with them at this point, if you are robbed, if this exchange disappears with all the coins, and there is no one you can point your finger at... It is your fault.  You have been warned.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 01:27:34 AM

I totally agree with you about this. It's a great exchange, let me stress that before offering some criticism. The interface is a million times better then Gox for example. I've always been happy with them, until their support for NVC and no more other alt coins. Before they introduced NVC I asked them about TRC support and they clearly said they will not introduce any further Altcoins- specifically no TRC and no PPC. Of course it's their exchange, and they are free to change their minds. But still- to have support tell me no PPC and then take on a fork of PPC? Like just a couple weeks later. It's so strange. (I have screen grabs of this exchange, if it counts for anything)

On top of that it's just beyond reason that NVC's value is so high. Nearly 5K BTC in buy orders? It's strains the credulity of the exchange.

more or less retired.
RoadTrain
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 07:26:27 AM

Trust no one. Stop bitching. Everything will be fine then. Wink
carpetbagger

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

You can trust me, I have an avatar

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 09:04:43 AM

I will stay with btc-e because I've had no bad experiences, and absolutely no objections whatsoever to them adding whichever currencies they choose, pre mined or "scam" or not. Them wishing to stay anonymous is a sensible choice in my opinion, and I'd do the same in their shoes.

Complaining to the sec really makes you look like a narc.

Keep clam & hodl on
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: