Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:52:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Boycott BTC-E  (Read 2413 times)
laughingbear (OP)
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2013, 01:17:37 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2013, 01:33:48 AM by laughingbear

BTC-E and the mods at btc-e, are scamming the customers.  When people point it out and complain about the scam, they ban them.  They say the only reason anyone would ever be upset about them stealing from their customers, is because they are invested in LTC.

They also claim that they don't care about the ltc community:

23.02.13 04:57:39 Jay1337: and you guys = 0.00001% of the community Wink

23.02.13 04:58:59 Jay1337: but seriously.. you guys are a drop in the bucket

what can you do?

STOP using this exchange that scams people, and laughs when you get upset about it.

Withdraw ALL funds from BTC-E.  I do not have another exchange to point you to, but it is clear btc-e can not be trusted. Maybe someone else can make a suggestion.

Go to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144353.0   and let them know that btc-e and balthazar deserve a scammer tag.

File a complaint here http://www.cftc.gov/ConsumerProtection/FileaTiporComplaint/index.htm

Let show them they cant steal from us, and go on with business as usual.
nethead

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 01:27:19 AM

File another complaint on the SEC  Roll Eyes
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 01:30:21 AM

Nethead reminds me of Ten98 the solidcoin troll. Borderline Psy also...even though i now respect Psy.

@Nethead, they paying you by the centimeter or the millimeter of the size of your penis to troll NVC opponents?  Cheesy Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

laughingbear (OP)
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2013, 01:34:17 AM

File another complaint on the SEC  Roll Eyes

Thanks for reminding me, op updated with address
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 01:37:05 AM

I will not boycott the exchange yet, but will watch very closely what they are doing. Maybe it isn't their fault that most ltc miners/traders used it almost exclusively, since it was the most convenient exchange. What they care about mostly are revenues, and ltc seems to be just another coin to achieve that goal. Therefore, time to look for a real alternative besides btc-e.
nethead

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 01:43:34 AM

File another complaint on the SEC  Roll Eyes

You are retarded

Nethead reminds me of Ten98 the solidcoin troll. Borderline Psy also...even though i now respect Psy.

@Nethead, they paying you by the centimeter or the millimeter of the size of your penis to troll NVC opponents?  Cheesy Cheesy

Dunno about them both, but no i dont get payed... But i cannot understand why you have to be an opponent. You can use all the coins dude, noone can take that right from you, you prefered to bitch about it, and the only thing you successfully done is degrade ltc even more. And yes i use ltc too, but i dont get that mad as you, yup i dont have a contract Wink If you (all) ignored it from the first day it came out, it would have 0 value today, you did it, and that way i can make more by selling my mined coins Wink

EDIT: plus, now im not trolling
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 01:45:15 AM

File another complaint on the SEC  Roll Eyes

You are retarded

@Nethead, they paying you by the centimeter or the millimeter of the size of your penis to troll NVC opponents?  Cheesy Cheesy

Dunno about them both, but no i dont get payed... But i cannot understand why you have to be an opponent. You can use all the coins dude, noone can take that right from you, you prefered to bitch about it, and the only thing you successfully done is degrade ltc even more. And yes i use ltc too, but i dont get that mad as you, yup i dont have a contract Wink

EDIT: plus, now im not trolling

Obviously you haven't been around long enough to see the solidcoin scam(s) that were perpetrated. Get educated on that then come back and talk to me like an adult.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 01:52:23 AM

If people had ignored it nvc it would still have value, namely from the person throwing the bate. Not a poor person either. Obviously, everone will love the coin at such a high exchange rate to btc. Everyone joining the game now will end up paying for it. So, perhaps it's best to ignore it from now on if you don't want to lose money.
Ja¥1337

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 02:02:27 AM

Just for the record i was referring to a few people on the BTC-e chat (who know who they are) which seem to be making a lot of noise as of late about NVC.  Wink

I have no relation to BTC-e.. i'm just a mod.. a normal person like everyone.. i make no money for being a mod.. it's 100% volunteer. I do not represent BTC-e Smiley

Again, a perfect example of an attempt to spread propaganda.  Huh
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 02:06:05 AM

Just for the record i was referring to a few people on the BTC-e chat (who know who they are) which seem to be making a lot of noise as of late about NVC.  Wink

I have no relation to BTC-e.. i'm just a mod.. a normal person like everyone.. i make no money for being a mod.. it's 100% volunteer. I do not represent BTC-e Smiley

Again, a perfect example of an attempt to spread propaganda.  Huh

Your position at BTC-e has nothing to do with NVC being a scamcoin.

The facts are well documented on this forum concerning NVC.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

hanzac

Activity: 425
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 03:58:06 AM

Boycott is useless, people. If there's another exchange can compete with BTC-E, I think this is good for the investors (as customer point-view).

So you'd better do some realistic thing to push another exchange or even establish another exchange, instead of murmuring words.
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 04:07:33 AM

https://vircurex.com/  was ok last time I used it. I think you can also buy shares in it somewhere.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 04:16:24 AM

Boycott is useless, people. If there's another exchange can compete with BTC-E, I think this is good for the investors (as customer point-view).

So you'd better do some realistic thing to push another exchange or even establish another exchange, instead of murmuring words.

Oh I think it will happen. Just got lots going on now...despite my trolling to work on something like that. But it will be here sooner than you think.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

neotrix

Activity: 428

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2013, 05:47:51 AM

I'd loved BTC-e before this scam story but still upset too about this NVC story...
I also decided to boycott BTC-e Since this story and cashout all my coins from there.

I also decided to work on a new exchange site that I will announce very soon (prototype is ready yet) to offer alternative to btc-e. This site will be owned by Esecurity SA and I'm also going to sell up to 50% to the communauty under a share/dividend system.

This exchange will accept all NON SCAM cryptocurrency, whatever the volume is low or high ( BTCE refused to add ppc in past because low volume)

Well I dont pretend to change the world, just I want offer another alternative. I feel we are a lot of people here who need/want another exchange site.

Crypto-trade.com : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149458.0
https://koddos.com and http://kovpslayer.com.  "Bitcointalkdiscount" to get 10% discount recurring.
Monster Tent

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 05:52:44 AM

I'd loved BTC-e before this scam story but still upset too about this NVC story...
I also decided to boycott BTC-e Since this story and cashout all my coins from there.

I also decided to work on a new exchange site that I will announce very soon (prototype is ready yet) to offer alternative to btc-e. This site will be owned by Esecurity SA and I'm also going to sell up to 50% to the communauty under a share/dividend system.

This exchange will accept all NON SCAM cryptocurrency, whatever the volume is low or high ( BTCE refused to add ppc in past because low volume)

Well I dont pretend to change the world, just I want offer another alternative. I feel we are a lot of people here who need/want another exchange site.

How do you decide what is or isnt a scam currency ? Some  bitcoin users consider all alt coins as scammy  Smiley

If its a scam because of a premine then ripple is a massive scam too.

neotrix

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2013, 06:00:50 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2013, 06:11:43 AM by neotrix

How do you decide what is or isnt a scam currency ? Some  bitcoin users consider all alt coins as scammy  Smiley

Ripple is totally different and full premined, nvc has been premined while in 3 days or like 200 000 nvc has been created but due diff increase and nvc system then 200 000 coins will need year to be created...or like.

Add the coin on your own exchange and sell it for more than 1 usd....then the premining worth 200 k usd ...
Maddof was not a scam he just forgot to pay his investors...That a bit what you are trying to explain us...
Anyway that just my thought, you are right. But a forum exist to express the opinion of each

https://koddos.com and http://kovpslayer.com.  "Bitcointalkdiscount" to get 10% discount recurring.
Monster Tent

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 07:16:57 AM

How do you decide what is or isnt a scam currency ? Some  bitcoin users consider all alt coins as scammy  Smiley

Ripple is totally different and full premined, nvc has been premined while in 3 days or like 200 000 nvc has been created but due diff increase and nvc system then 200 000 coins will need year to be created...or like.

Add the coin on your own exchange and sell it for more than 1 usd....then the premining worth 200 k usd ...
Maddof was not a scam he just forgot to pay his investors...That a bit what you are trying to explain us...
Anyway that just my thought, you are right. But a forum exist to express the opinion of each

You need to overcome the network effect. When Mt Gox first opened they had "market makers" so that you didnt have to wait long for orders to get filled.

A competitor to btc-e will need this to succeed.  Perhaps you need to raise extra funds so that the exchange can perform this function and has large reserves of both ltc and fiat.

hanzac

Activity: 425
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 08:22:16 AM

The idea is great, but to succeed, you have to deal with the fiat money smoothly, that is the investors can deposit money fast & cheap. This is the most difficult problem, even with BTC-e, they also always lack the USD flow, make their BTC/LTC seems to be cheap.

If you have good bank relationship, so your exchange will be successful. If not, I doubt you can make some better achievement than some alt-coins exchanges like Vircurex.
daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 01:46:10 PM

Will there be an API for the exchange? Maybe an app for mobiles?

neotrix

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2013, 12:15:55 PM

You need to overcome the network effect. When Mt Gox first opened they had "market makers" so that you didnt have to wait long for orders to get filled.

A competitor to btc-e will need this to succeed.  Perhaps you need to raise extra funds so that the exchange can perform this function and has large reserves of both ltc and fiat.

Im owning 300 000 ltc holded. No btc actually. I have a company brning m actually 50 k usd month, and have some reserve which could help. Additionnaly, as said I will offer 50% for sales so this money could be used also in the way to make the exchange a sucess.

The idea is great, but to succeed, you have to deal with the fiat money smoothly, that is the investors can deposit money fast & cheap. This is the most difficult problem, even with BTC-e, they also always lack the USD flow, make their BTC/LTC seems to be cheap.

If you have good bank relationship, so your exchange will be successful. If not, I doubt you can make some better achievement than some alt-coins exchanges like Vircurex.

I'm thinking about but the deposit withdraw options will be multiple and I know this is one of the most important thing. About banks I have bank accounts in Belize, St vincent and grenadine, france, thailand, Hong kong... so I have some good relation with banks usually Wink Sure it should help a lot to setup this project.
Will there be an API for the exchange? Maybe an app for mobiles?

Api is planned. Mobile application will come later if the website is a sucess.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: