Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:42:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: “I’m Wrong” Says Wright – But does it matter? May 4th, 2016  (Read 741 times)
bitbabba (OP)

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 10:26:59 PM

This article has been submitted by someone claiming to be representing the Bitcoin Rat from twitter. However we are unable to fully verify the authenticity of the signature or the provenance of the private key being used, as we have not been allowed to keep the original message or laptop.

– BEGINS –
In a bizarre twist to the “I am Satoshi” story, Australian businessman Dr. Craig Wright has apparently now retracted his claim to be bitcoin’s creator and has instead publicly identified himself as The Original Bitcoin Rat. According to Fox News this has shaken the bitcoin world to the ‘Core’.

Followers of the official @BitcoinRat twitter account have described the claim as astonishing, and pointed out that the evidence so far presented is far from convincing.

Dr. Wright introduced his claim using a pre-loaded screenshot from his own laptop showing one of the global travelling Rats from the #bitworldtour twitter hashtag, wearing a sun hat with corks around the rim.
Dr. Wright claims that this proves conclusively that the @BitcoinRat originally came from Australia

As further evidence, he referred to an official tweet last Monday by the BBC’s Rory Cellan-Jones which stated that Dr. Wright had a little rat peeping out of his trouser pocket all the way through their recent dramatic TV interview. Which might explain why Wrights on-screen performance looked troubling. However, strangely all traces of that particular BBC tweet seem to have now disappeared, which have led some to speculate that the BBC’s twitter account was in fact hacked into, or that the story is just a clever fabrication on Dr. Wright’s behalf to cover up his on-going trouser problems.

Digital experts have also cast doubts on the authenticity of Wrights Australian cork hat picture. “It looks like a classic photo-shop cut and paste sting to me” said a spokesman for the CIA, who wished only to be known as ‘Gavin’*

However, in another twist Australian bitcoin documentary maker and reporter @MADinMelbourne confirmed that a bitcoin rat she once was looking after had mysteriously disappeared after someone she now believes to be Dr. Wright bumped into her in a Melbourne coffee shop some months ago. “It did seem strange at the time” she said, “especially as he didn’t even bloody stop and say sorry” she continued “I’m sure it was Dr. Wright as the whole coffee shop was full of plain clothes Tax Inspectors that morning”.

So, it is clear that there was a bitcoin rat in Australia, but was it The Original Bitcoin Rat? That is the key question facing the whole bitcoin community according to virtually all of the main street media outlets this week. Only the Economist Magazine has raised doubts on Dr. Wrights latest claim.

So far, neither Dr. Craig Wright nor the original @BitcoinRat has returned journalists calls asking for an interview. But a spokesman for @BitcoinRat said he wasn’t interested in fame or money and just wanted to be left alone, as only bitcoin and cheese can now save Mankind.

*this is not the well-known Mr. Gavin Andersen, our Legal Team has specifically asked us to point out!
Source: ihb.io

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 10:56:09 PM

How about a blurb on wtf "the bitcoinrat" is? I have never heard of such a thing.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 11:24:22 PM

How about a blurb on wtf "the bitcoinrat" is? I have never heard of such a thing.
Me neither. Apparently it is some sort of slang term I am not familiar with. Anyone care to explain?
Also - about that part that bitcoin world was 'shaken to the core' - is not true at all. We simply don't believe in unproven facts.
And it is really easy to show the world that he is, indeed Satoshi - sign a message - simple as that.
BitFomo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 11:25:06 PM

OMG who cares. Why do people keep making new posts about this obviously false topic?
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 11:31:11 PM

Any other made up story? I think I am going to leave this forum for awhile to let everything settle... We shall just patiently wait a bit longer for Craig to show us his proof using his signiture.
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 11:42:53 PM

WTF am I reading and why am I reading it?

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1507

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 04:22:54 AM

Useless topic.. People are not anymore interested in knowing who Mr. Nakamoto is, instead they just want to earn bitcoin.

Mr.Wright was making false claim about being Mr. Nakamoto. I wonder if Mr. Nakamoto really exists or he is just a figment of imagination of the mastermind of bitcoin.

Anyway, there's no use running behind a myth.

dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 05:44:21 AM

WTF am I reading

Crap.

why am I reading it?

Because it's difficult to ignore.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 05:50:22 AM

WTF am I reading

Crap.

why am I reading it?

Because it's difficult to ignore.

This thread soon to be moved to the Rat section.

"You smell that? Nothin' else in the world smells like that. It smells like... Wright shit."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: