Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:26:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Crash!!!  (Read 4814 times)
Ichthyo

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 03:56:24 AM

lets wait untill the dust has settled  Grin
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
twolifeinexile

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 04:04:36 AM

but when do you know wait is over, even it shoot above 32, isn't it still can go down again? Cheesy
dopamine

Activity: 486

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 04:07:41 AM

its not even the weekend yet  Roll Eyes

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
Ichthyo

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 04:43:47 AM

but when do you know wait is over, even it shoot above 32, isn't it still can go down again? Cheesy

the unfortunate thing is: we can constitute and confirm a "trend" only in hindsight, when it has manifested already.
Realistically speaking, everything over $20 is dangerous ground. Only if the rates have stayed for a prolonged time above $20, I'd put more confidence into staying there, given the fundamental situation for Bitcoin remains the same.

So for the time being, the best thing we can do is watch the drama and don't bet too much on a single horse
twolifeinexile

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 04:46:11 AM

Please dwolla clear my money so i can buy NOW!!!!!!
dwolla need bank to work to clear your money and unfortunately, banks are closed during weekend.
TooCasual

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

You can't be Serious?!?

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 04:57:02 AM

Its just the big money guys selling BTC to cause excitement only to re-buy 1-4 btc cheaper.  No biggie.  At least they are makin' the big dough.
Hah.  Damn, I'm always a bit gun shy to sell and re-buy.

Oh well.  Still is a world currency and millions want it.  No big deal.

TC

Topic should be renamed BTC CASH!!!
Haha
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 05:12:03 AM

Low liquidity market always performs like this, this wave is over, we need to consolidate a long time before re-challenge the ATH

Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 01:48:05 PM

If bitcoin went back to $15 it would be understandable based on long term trendline. A crash would be like the last time it went to 32 then $2.

I do not expect less than $25. :-)
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 02:25:36 PM

But based on your graph (which I think is right) it still can go to 20 or so (three bottom arrows). I still think we're in a side channel for a while, but theoretically 20 is possible... 15, not so much.

i am satoshi
donjoe

Activity: 183

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 03:18:06 PM

dwolla need bank to work to clear your money and unfortunately, banks are closed during weekend.
Which is, ofc, severely retarded, since all we're talking about are numbers and simple math, which the banks' computers could very well handle 24/7. I mean at the very least I'd expect to be able to transfer funds between my own accounts at the same bank even during the weekends, but nooo, it's still too scary a prospect for these technophobic schmucks.

▮█     KRYLL     ▮█     AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE     ▮█
▁▁   ▮ █     Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement     █ ▮   ▁▁
╚═══════●  ﹙ Telegram ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Twitter ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Facebook ﹚  ═══════╝
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 03:30:41 PM

Which is, ofc, severely retarded, since all we're talking about are numbers and simple math, which the banks' computers could very well handle 24/7. I mean at the very least I'd expect to be able to transfer funds between my own accounts at the same bank even during the weekends, but nooo, it's still too scary a prospect for these technophobic schmucks.

And that's why bitcoin will win. It is incredible that transferring money between ones own accounts doesn go instantly. In some banks it works instantly between own accounts though.
donjoe

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 03:34:32 PM

Well, at least that's why some form of digital coin will win. In the long term I do hope, though, that it will be a better thought out digital currency system than Bitcoin, which is just the first prototype to be tested on a relatively large scale, but not by far the best theoretical proposal out there.

▁▁   ▮ █     Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement     █ ▮   ▁▁
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 03:39:21 PM

Well, at least that's why some form of digital coin will win. In the long term I do hope, though, that it will be a better thought out digital currency system than Bitcoin, which is just the first prototype to be tested on a relatively large scale, but not by far the best theoretical proposal out there.

Good input. What are the things that you think lack in bitcoin at this point in time ?
donjoe

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 03:47:24 PM

Since currency only exists to represent symbolically and allow the exchange of real values, any successful currency system should be able to ensure that there is always exactly as much currency as is needed to represent the existing real values on the market, no more, no less (so no inflation and no deflation if possible). Bitcoin has no mechanism for this and is in fact worse than fiat currency in this respect - at least with fiat currency you have some central authority that intervenes now and then to adapt the money supply to the size of the "real economy", but with Bitcoin no such intervention is even possible. An obviously better system would be a system based on the notion of "self-issued credit", where every producer of goods and services is also the issuer of a specific type of coin with which said goods and services can be bought. Then on the whole there will always be a ratio of coin-to-product that stays very close to 1:1 and any inflation or deflation will only affect a specific producer who happened to make mistakes in calculating how much of their own specific type of coin to issue considering how much product they're offering. The only digital system I know so far that has this feature is Paul Grignon's "Digital Coin".

Jaques

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 03:52:32 PM

But based on your graph (which I think is right) it still can go to 20 or so (three bottom arrows). I still think we're in a side channel for a while, but theoretically 20 is possible... 15, not so much.

yep ...
Jaques

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 03:55:06 PM

Since currency only exists to represent symbolically and allow the exchange of real values, any successful currency system should be able to ensure that there is always exactly as much currency as is needed to represent the existing real values on the market, no more, no less (so no inflation and no deflation if possible). Bitcoin has no mechanism for this and is in fact worse than fiat currency in this respect - at least with fiat currency you have some central authority that intervenes now and then to adapt the money supply to the size of the "real economy", but with Bitcoin no such intervention is even possible. An obviously better system would be a system based on the notion of "self-issued credit", where every producer of goods and services is also the issuer of a specific type of coin with which said goods and services can be bought. Then on the whole there will always be a ratio of coin-to-product that stays very close to 1:1 and any inflation or deflation will only affect a specific producer who happened to make mistakes in calculating how much of their own specific type of coin to issue considering how much product they're offering. The only digital system I know so far that has this feature is Paul Grignon's "Digital Coin".

good argument!
Tas

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 03:59:08 PM

good argument!

+1 I like it too! Must research Paul Grignon's "Digital Coin".
deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 04:10:47 PM

Since currency only exists to represent symbolically and allow the exchange of real values, any successful currency system should be able to ensure that there is always exactly as much currency as is needed to represent the existing real values on the market, no more, no less (so no inflation and no deflation if possible). Bitcoin has no mechanism for this and is in fact worse than fiat currency in this respect - at least with fiat currency you have some central authority that intervenes now and then to adapt the money supply to the size of the "real economy", but with Bitcoin no such intervention is even possible.

But in practice the fiat system is inflating the money supply as if there were no tomorrow while the economy (real value on the market) is decreasing. This is ultimately inevitable if a central authority is in charge of the money supply.
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 04:24:17 PM

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
donjoe

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 05:35:16 PM

But in practice the fiat system is inflating the money supply as if there were no tomorrow while the economy (real value on the market) is decreasing. This is ultimately inevitable if a central authority is in charge of the money supply.
It's not inevitable, it's just one of the possible policy options for reacting to an economic downturn if you want to get the economy growing again. What makes it necessary is not that there's a central authority, but that the money in use is based on ever-compounding debt - this means that there is always an imperative for the economy to keep growing or the monetary system collapses.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: