Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:31:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crash!!crash!!crash!!  (Read 2497 times)
deeplink

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 08:46:11 PM

So we can see slow sustainable growth.   I want the bubble to pop hard so the economy can grow at a more "natural" rate.

lol natural in quotes...so not natural at all?Huh

Plus, what's unnatural about the current growth, with exponentially increasing user base, media attention and merchants starting to accept BTC?
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 09:07:13 PM

So we can see slow sustainable growth.   I want the bubble to pop hard so the economy can grow at a more "natural" rate.

lol natural in quotes...so not natural at all?Huh

Plus, what's unnatural about the current growth, with exponentially increasing user base, media attention and merchants starting to accept BTC?

Natural is in quotes, because I am referring to my own feeling of what the natural growth rate should be (as opposed to any actual metric).

I've gone over this before, but I dont think any of that is driving the price...yes more merchants, better usability, etc are great things for BTC, but the price right now (in my opinion) is being driven by pure speculation (and fueled by over optimism), not usability.
octopus

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 09:09:19 PM

How often would the price need to double in order for us to hit $100bil market cap in the next year and a half - two years?

it would have to ~double twice, so once a year.

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 10:14:13 PM

At the current rate of doubling every half a year, we get to 100bil capitalization in about 4 years. Sounds about right to me.

i am satoshi
twolifeinexile (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 10:18:25 PM

At the current rate of doubling every half a year, we get to 100bil capitalization in about 4 years. Sounds about right to me.
Why doubling every half year is about right?
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 10:22:18 PM

This is what past reality teach us. :-)
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 10:25:25 PM

yes, bitcoins minimum price has doubled every 6 months so far since the first exchange opened - for the last 3 years, started at 10 cents per bitcoin (sweet times and that's also about when I first heard of bitcoin but stupidly decided to try mining instead of investing), so extrapolating. of course, it can break the pattern and grow faster... or stop growing... we'll see.

i am satoshi
twolifeinexile (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 10:26:32 PM

I am curious what the "IPO" price is? Then seems according to your estimation, the IPO price is about 0.1dollar sth, is that true?
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 10:33:09 PM

I am curious what the "IPO" price is? Then seems according to your estimation, the IPO price is about 0.1dollar sth, is that true?
Only my pesimistic estimation based on this chart https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145973.0
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: