Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 11:14:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem spending litecoins  (Read 661 times)
pla (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 03:49:04 AM

Weird problem with spending LTC...

About two weeks ago, I attempted to spend 3k LTC.

The transaction still hasn't made it to the blockchain, but my client shows me as down 3k regardless.  I've quadruple-verified that I sent it to the correct address, it just doesn't want to go.

Any way to cancel (and retry) the transaction, or to try to resend it, or something other than just write off far more than a casual tip's worth of LTC that seems to have vanished into the aether?

Thanks!

I don't beg - If I do something to deserve your BTC, you can find my address on the invoice.  Wink
pla (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 04:50:11 AM

Okay, it just went through.  Call me completely frickin' paranoid, but I find it rather disturbing that after two weeks, the transaction magically completed half an hour after I posted to a public forum about a problem...

I don't beg - If I do something to deserve your BTC, you can find my address on the invoice.  Wink
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2013, 05:01:08 AM

Did you maybe re-start the client?

We recently had someone in the DeVCoin thread who does not do -rescan when starting the client, so the client had not re-scanned the blockchain to check what the real balances of the addresses in their wallet really were. Once they did the re-scan all was fine.

If litecoin is based recent bitcoin code version it might now even be able to notice when it did not leave itself in a fully consistent state and do a re-scan automatically to get back in synch.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
pla (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 05:26:59 AM

Hmm, do most people run their clients with an explicit "-rescan"?  Or do you mean that he suppressed its default behavior?  I just run it in whatever defaults it has.

As for restarting, I don't leave my main PC on 24/7, so it starts (and stops) at least once a day, usually.

I did recently update the client to the latest version (within that two weeks - A few days ago, Sunday or Monday I think), but it seems strange it would have taken a few days to "heal" my local blockchain if something had gone wrong.  Usually those sort of things work as an all-or-nothing proposition, it either works or fails.

Weird, anyway.  Incredibly glad it resolved itself (hey, I use BTC(etc) mostly for fun, but can't sneeze at almost USD$200), but still somewhat creeped out by the sudden coincidental fix.   Undecided

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: