Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 12:06:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW is bitstamp still in business, 0.01 BTC fee on 1 BTC trade...WHAT THE HECK?  (Read 338 times)
BitcoinDistributor (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 08:11:20 AM

I was reading their rules and all of their fees round up to the nearest 0.01, instead of like other usual exchanges that are 0.00001 if necessary.

So that means any trade under 3 BTC or so, they're taking 0.01 BTC EVERY TIME!!!

Thats huge. If I make a buy for 0.25 BTC and they take 0.01 BTC thats 4%.

HOW IN THE WORLD IS BITSTAMP ACTUALLY BEING USED WITH THIS OUTRAGEOUS RULE?!?!?!?

Rule found on their page:

We kindly ask our users to take note on Bitstamp's policy regarding fee calculation. As our fees are calculated to two decimal places, all fees which might exceed this limitation are rounded up. The rounding up is executed in such a way that the second decimal digit is always one digit value higher than it was before the rounding up. For example; a fee of 0.111 will be charged as 0.12.

I'm a lover not a hater. I'm a scam buster misunderstood. However, this forum is full of haters which is why you see my trust. They can't handle my success so they try to stop me...BUT NO ONE STOPS MY SUCCESS! ....Find Quickseller annoying? Click the "ignore" button below his name! You're welcome!
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 10:03:05 AM

That's in euros and dollars, not in bitcoin.

Means minimum fee is 1 cent dollar/euro.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: