Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:05:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen when we get above 31.91 $, June 2011 high ?  (Read 2387 times)
Herodes (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 07:55:14 AM

So, the same journalists that wrote 'bitcoin is dead' will now write 'bitcoin to new heights' ?

Or will we actually see good pieces of journalism where somebody does proper researching and sees where bitcoin fits into our world, and how it helps bring economic freedom to people, how it will be easier to do transactions internationally etc. It's kind of a joke these days that a bank transfer takes days. Bitcoin is instant, and for merchants non-reversible. Plus, there's so many great things happening for bitcoin these days. Seems like the growth of bitcoin is a natural evolution in an existing inefficient market.

Sure, any PR is good PR, right ?
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 08:01:44 AM

The actual bubble and insane volatility.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
oakpacific

Activity: 784

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 08:01:59 AM

Many bears will be liquidated.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
twolifeinexile

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 08:02:01 AM

So, the same journalists that wrote 'bitcoin is dead' will now write 'bitcoin to new heights' ?

Or will we actually see good pieces of journalism where somebody does proper researching and sees where bitcoin fits into our world, and how it helps bring economic freedom to people, how it will be easier to do transactions internationally etc. It's kind of a joke these days that a bank transfer takes days. Bitcoin is instant, and for merchants non-reversible. Plus, there's so many great things happening for bitcoin these days. Seems like the growth of bitcoin is a natural evolution in an existing inefficient market.

Sure, any PR is good PR, right ?

I am sure there will be a lot press and then some people who "forgot" bitcoin will remember it again.
Herodes (OP)

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 08:20:32 AM

Once we break $31.91 I think we should use betsofbitcoin or bitbet or some such platform to put up an assassination market style wager...

Let's get Benjamin Wallace kicked in the nuts!

Following his logic, he must now write a new article called: "The Rise and Fall and Rise of Bitcoin"
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 08:49:39 AM

The Rise and Fall of journalism Smiley

i am satoshi
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 02:24:48 PM

The high is a huge emotional pain point for many early adopters. We could see some serious pullbacks each time the battering ram swings toward $32, but the more heaves and hoes we see, the greater the gush of euphoria is going to be once we bust through that psychological wall.

Long term (over the next few weeks/months) it should all even out as we continue the organic exponential growth path of 2013.
oakpacific

Activity: 784

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 02:32:13 PM

The high is a huge emotional pain point for many early adopters. We could see some serious pullbacks each time the battering ram swings toward $32, but the more heaves and hoes we see, the greater the gush of euphoria is going to be once we bust through that psychological wall.

Long term (over the next few weeks/months) it should all even out as we continue the organic exponential growth path of 2013.

Good point, it's actually a part of Bitcoin's "past" which should be buried.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
BitCoinsLOL

Activity: 214

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 04:10:55 PM

The masses will stand up and take notice.

I never thought my life could be. Anything but catastrophe. But suddenly I begin to see. A "BIT" of good luck for me. Cause I've got a golden ticket!
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 09:19:14 PM

The Rise and Fall of journalism Smiley

Double LOL
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 09:26:18 PM

We will see another high above $200 and fall to $60 :-) or safe rise to $90 ?  (this year)
twolifeinexile

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 10:23:38 PM

We will see another high above $200 and fall to $60 :-) or safe rise to $90 ?  (this year)

Everyone here is all too optimistic
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 10:26:56 PM

Everyone here is all too optimistic
You are true :-). I'm just starting and heard about bitcoin 2 month ago. :-)
baggyp

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 04:49:44 PM

I know the assassination market comment up there near the top was in some if not most ways a joke, but I just had a rather chilling thought about the boom the assassination market worldwide stands to have as the market cap of bitcoin rises. *shudder*
vdragon

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2013, 04:53:54 PM

Bitcoin becomes like Umbrella corporation, and some time in the near future releases the variation of T-virus, but instead of human flash and brains, everyone who turns zombie will run for bitcoins Cheesy. What do you think will happen? Nothing special, many have adopted it, it will slowly rise more

My USB Erupter GROUP BUY https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252180.0

Hungary (south) based trader - accepting/sending bank transfers, also willing to meet in person
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2013, 05:09:44 PM

The actual bubble and insane volatility.

we will have no historical price point to compare against, you're right.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 05:14:45 PM

Many bears will be liquidated.

it's called "being Zhoutonged":  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=49445.msg588749#msg588749
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2013, 05:24:18 PM

I would think the pain would be "Damn why did I sell?"... Those people should already be sold out.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
TooCasual

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

You can't be Serious?!?

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 05:36:44 PM

I would think the pain would be "Damn why did I sell?"... Those people should already be sold out.

+1 ... Someones got to free up the BTC for others  Cheesy

TC
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 05:39:51 PM

+1 ... Someones got to free up the BTC for others  Cheesy

TC

this is why you can never blame early adopters for being early.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: