Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:38:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: www.btcbalance.net - View your balance easily online.  (Read 17928 times)
Grouver (BtcBalance) (OP)

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 08:53:47 PM

When I try to make a new account, the address I input is invalid, with multiple fresh addresses from bitaddress.org

Hello. I just created about 3 accounts with random addresses.
They all worked. You could pm your address so i can take a look at it into more detail.

Thanks.

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:42:28 AM

FYI, there's a typo upon successful signup.

"This is a unique code wich you can use to access your account."

Wich should be changed to which.

I hope this helps.

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 05:55:54 PM

FYI, there's a typo upon successful signup.

"This is a unique code wich you can use to access your account."

Wich should be changed to which.

I hope this helps.
Thanks.  Smiley

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 09:21:30 AM

Is it safe?

Saying your password is 100% save and uncrackable within the platform would make me a liar. Though, your password is hashed a couple of times with a random set of one-way hashing methods and saved into our database. When you register, your IP is hashed (with SHA512) and saved into a temp database table (wich is by the way not connected to your address list) to prevent spam registering.
What's also important to note is that the BtcBalance database is worthless since it contains data that is not worth a penny. This is because the information about a Bitcoin address can be retrieved from the network itself by anyone. And to preserve the anonymity Bitcoin offers, you can not directly register with a nickname. You will login with a login code instead of a nickname, wich makes you pretty much anonymous. Do you feel uncomfortable to login with a login code you cannot remember, then you can always add a additional nickname to login with.

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 09:22:36 AM

Why BtcBalance?

I struggled a lot with the fact that you cannot view your addresses and their balances easily. If you want a overview you needed your wallet.dat file to access your Bitcoin client to check your balance. And maybe like me you also have multiple wallets, wich makes it even harder to get that overview.

You could also fill in a single address into blockexplorer.com or blockchain.info and check whats up. But I find this very inconvenient since I had about 20 addresses that I used. Now I give the Bitcoin community this service to easily check addresses out at a glance.

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 09:23:31 AM

What is BtcBalance?

BtcBalance is a service wich you can use to store your Bitcoin addresses to view their current balance and total received balance. You can add up to 50 addresses to your account and make as many accounts as you want. So if you're at school or work for instance and don't have access to your Bitcoin wallet, then you can add your addresses to your BtcBalance account and view their status.
You will not have to fill in anything but your address, it automatically parses the data from the blockchain.info API. BtcBalance is also connected to the Mtgox API wich shows you what all addresses on your BtcBalance account are worth in euros and dollars. You can use this service any time you want, without having to pay a single dime.

baillou2

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:10:51 AM

I love your site, but there is a bug that seems to change the label of one address to the one either above or below it. The only way I can fix this is to wipe all the address and start over again, adding one address and labeling it, then the next and so on.

However if I delete an address then add a new one it always gets labeled as the one above it or below it. Can you look a little closer into this and let me know what' going on.

Thanks. Love the site othewise.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 05:23:12 PM

I assume the service is unmaintained as it still claims to use MtGox rates? Just sorting out my hundreds of bitcoin links and came across this one that I stored years ago.

I have a need for a service like the one described in your faq but the 50 addresses limit stopped me from trying it. I have plans to hack it into Insight so I can run it on my own server without disclosing my interest in a set of addresses to anybody.
My requirement would be:
A textarea where I can dump a list of addresses and optional comments one address per line with anything after the address being comment.
Submitting this should display them as a list of monitored addresses.
The list should be sortable by all columns: address, date/block-height of last transaction, total received, final balance, comment

I assume you don't make much money of your service and did it out of similar needs like my needs so I would offer you a bounty of $50US in bitcoins for such a contribution to insight. Please pm me if you take the challenge so we don't do double the work. (I recently used insight on a Hackathon that resulted in a nice chrome plugin but given we had only 5h to hack, I didn't get to that other part described above.)

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
chrocht

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 03:35:14 AM

I love your site, but there is a bug that seems to change the label of one address to the one either above or below it. The only way I can fix this is to wipe all the address and start over again, adding one address and labeling it, then the next and so on.

However if I delete an address then add a new one it always gets labeled as the one above it or below it. Can you look a little closer into this and let me know what' going on.

Thanks. Love the site othewise.

I have the same problem. This service is great, but this bug is very annoying. I've just sent very small donation to help with funding of development needed to fix it  Wink
If this issue gets fixed, I will consider to send same donation again. If Bitcoin price will be uder 5000 USD by then, I can even remove one leading zero from the amount:-)
btc_enigma

Activity: 688
Merit: 565

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 02:38:03 PM

Hi,

Just FYI, We launched a similar address watcher service at www.blockonomics.co . Announce thread here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=880995.0 .  Feel free to try it out and let me know if you need any new features

SnowDog2003

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 08:46:23 PM

Hi!

Do you have any plans to update the bitcoin price? It's been showing $507 for months.
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 04:26:32 AM

This is great! Now all you need is a simple sdk and I would use it alot.

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 07:59:24 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2016, 08:23:55 PM by Grouver (BtcBalance)

A free service running since 2011 but broke down in the spring of 2015.

UPDATE v1.7 -> v1.8

Fixed
  • Bitcoin address validation when registering with BtcBalance
  • Price and total balance worth in USD and EUR not updating anymore

adelhmdt

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 02:43:53 PM

One feature I'd like to see is the ability to be notified by email if your balance changes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: