Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:29:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: www.btcbalance.net - View your balance easily online.  (Read 17928 times)
LoweryCBS

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 04:04:25 PM

It's fixed now.
Well, not really fixed. I have replaced the "Last recceived" feature with the "Total recceived" feature.

I'm thinking that the LAST RECEIVED field may not be implementable. (is that even a word?  Cheesy) -- and it's not really that important.

If I may: The TOTAL RECEIVED field is actually something I'd rather NOT have. It's not really relevant, and distracts from the other data. The whole purpose of the page is for a snapshot of CURRENT DATA, and TOTAL RECEIVED is historical.

Perhaps instead of that field, a LINK to the blockchain.info page for that address instead? Now THAT would be useful.

Thank you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Grouver (BtcBalance) (OP)

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 04:18:22 PM

It's fixed now.
Well, not really fixed. I have replaced the "Last recceived" feature with the "Total recceived" feature.

Perhaps instead of that field, a LINK to the blockchain.info page for that address instead? Now THAT would be useful.

Good idea. Will add this feature tonight. Thanks.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2013, 06:55:14 PM

Added the Blockchain.info link per address.
Just click the little rubik's cube link wich will open a new tab in your browser and send you to the blockchain.info address page of the corresponding address.

LoweryCBS

Activity: 364

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 07:46:01 PM

Very nice work, thank you!

I still say ditch the "Total Received" field - it kind of distracts from the rest of the data. It's easily found on the linked blockchain.info page. And when would that figure ever be useful anyway?

Just click the little rubik's cube link wich will open a new tab in your browser and send you to the blockchain.info address page of the corresponding address.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2013, 07:48:30 PM

I still say ditch the "Total Received" field - it kind of distracts from the rest of the data. It's easily found on the linked blockchain.info page. And when would that figure ever be useful anyway?

I will look into this next weekend.
Thanks for your input.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 07:58:31 PM

I would agree, but would say that the balance at each address would be useful to see in its place.

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2013, 02:25:58 PM

UPDATE v1.5 -> v1.6

Added
  • Current amount of accounts and Bitcoin addresses registered with BtcBalance.
  • Blockchain.info link for each address.

Michael_S

Activity: 278
Merit: 251

Bitcoin-Note-and-Voucher-Printing-Empowerer

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 10:46:09 PM

Hello,

thanks for this site - btcbalance.net is a very useful tool and just what I was looking for!

A few useful features could be added (the first one being the most useful for me):
(1) Add a comment field (free label) for each btc address in the list
(2) Allow import of multiple addresses at once (e.g. comma-separated list) - to avoid some clicking...
(3) Allow changing the sorting order of the list

Reason for my request (1):
From time to time I am giving away self-printed Bitcoin vouchers with expiry date, e.g. as tips, or I just drop them anonymously in pubs, public places, computer science departments or economics departments of universities, in banks next to the cash machines/account statement printers etc., just to see what happens... (pure scientific interest :-) ),
or I print bitcoin notes (w/o expiry dates) with personal messages as Easter presents for good friends/family members.

Now I would like to keep track which vouchers/notes are spent, so I am saving the values to btcbalance.net, and to remember who is who, I'd like to add a free comment after each address entered.

Note: I am printing with firefox, simply using this tool: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=43496.msg1394229#msg1394229 (because this does not require any expert knowledge or tools to be installed)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 09:12:10 AM

(2) Allow import of multiple addresses at once (e.g. comma-separated list) - to avoid some clicking...
(3) Allow changing the sorting order of the list
Thank you for your feedback.
I really appreciate this.

1) Right now you can already add a label to each adresss.
Just click the text: "Your address label" to edit.

2) I can make this. Thanks.

3) Also this would be a great option. Thank you.

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 09:10:03 AM

Will update btcbalance.net with some new features if we hit the 1000th account.

Also, I made something cool:
http://btcbalance.net/transactions/    (not 100% bug free yet)

Michael_S

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 08:26:40 PM

I just realized:

When I am logged in to btcbalance.net, the word "logout" on the top-right only appears when I click "My Account".

It should be visible all the time, especially when I click "Home", because that's where I am most of the time.

PS:
[...]
[...]
1) Right now you can already add a label to each adresss.
Just click the text: "Your address label" to edit.
Ok, thanks, great, that is perfect.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 08:28:06 PM

I just realized:

When I am logged in to btcbalance.net, the word "logout" on the top-right only appears when I click "My Account".

It should be visible all the time, especially when I click "Home", because that's where I am most of the time.
Over here its displayed always when iam logged in.
Can you tell me what browser your using?
Thanks for your feedback.

Michael_S

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 08:42:59 PM

I just realized:

Over here its displayed always when iam logged in.
Can you tell me what browser your using?
Thanks for your feedback.
Hmm, I cannot reproduce the problem now. It happened with Opera 12, but now everything is working fine. But it definitely happened the way I described it... I clicked all the 4 tabs back and forth several times, and only under "My Account" I was able to logout.
Not reproducible now...  HuhUndecided 

BTCdude007

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:30:55 PM

A nice feature would be to add an email alert if the BTC balance on a address changes or exceeds/falls below a user defined limit.

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 10:49:16 PM

UPDATE v1.6 -> v1.7

Added
  • CSV import page

Removed
  • Chart page

wksantiago

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:35:34 PM

Another nice feature would be to add a USD Balance column to see it in USD and BTC.
Good work.

If my posts has been helpful, thank me here:
BTC: bc1qp0xtvck64qhvg6man0fjgy2jl3l6vwkctngjc4
Bitrated user: wksantiago.
(PGP Fingerprint: 2199 0685 3d0f 29eb f0aa 40a5 1cd9 d426 66ae a802)
peapodamus

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 06:42:12 PM

Pardon me for not understanding this, but why not just punch in an address to BlockExplorer/Blockchain.info and get it's balance there?
Mooshire

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 02:46:04 AM

Pardon me for not understanding this, but why not just punch in an address to BlockExplorer/Blockchain.info and get it's balance there?

Because some people like to congratulate people for finishing working projects.

SnowDog2003

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:29:55 PM

This is for people who have dozens of bitcoin addresses in different places.
Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:35:01 PM

When I try to make a new account, the address I input is invalid, with multiple fresh addresses from bitaddress.org
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: