Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:42:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin still be the preferred cryptocurrency after 10 years?  (Read 4046 times)
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 11:40:37 AM

My reply would be "who knows?!"
Bitcoin has all tends to stay preferred crypto currency in ten years. Generally crypto currencies are developing very fast, every few months there is some changing and who knows what will be in ten years - mass adoption or bitcoin will fail?
cakravothy

Activity: 868
Merit: 501

Chainjoes.com

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2016, 12:01:47 PM

without problem and crach, bitcoin still number one in cryptocurency and never raplace and take over altcoin
you can see all altcoin still follow and need bitcoin
all altcoin dev need bitcoin to transaction,

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 10:30:45 AM

ofcourse yes because the first one will never be beat by other. because we all know bitcoin was the first crypto currency and right now its now being used across the world . and bitcoin is so powerful thats why im thinking that it will be still preferred cryptocurrency after 10 years. there will be more investors on bitcoin in that years so bitcoin cannot be replaced by other future crypto currency.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 05:56:17 PM

Even after 10 or more years, bitcoin will continue to be the best crytocurrency of all time. The reason on which I believe is its enormous growth that took place in a very small time period of about 8years time. Very few other than bitcoin has a rising potential. Future can't be predicted exactly but based on bitcoin's acceptance its confirms that no other currency will take the place of bitcoin.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 06:07:12 PM

Will bitcoin still be the preferred cryptocurrency after 10 years or will something better take over?

Most likely it will not be, technology moves forward so fast and new people will adapt crypto.
From the current coins I think it is Monero that will survive and gain a significiant market capitalization. Monero may not reach the market cap of bitcoin but I think from the current levels it has significiant growth potential and yes even there is a chance it will go beyond. Will Monero be the best coin from now to eternity...? Most likely not, but among the current ones it will be definetely a good choice for some time at least (be it 3 years or 8 years or...)

XMR key selling points will also be its limitations imo
for sure ,it would make a great coin for dark markets ,tax evaders and under the table deals
(these are precisely the reason i invested in it )

i dont think it will be traded on the nasdaq and wall st though ,areas where bitcoin is already pushing into
as i think governments will consider it a criminals coin..........and some of the hate will shift from btc to xmr
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 02:36:07 AM

i think bitcoin could still be preferred crypto currency because bitcoin was the first crypto currency and more powerful than other that's why im thinking bitcoin could be our first digital currency that we can use in everyday life. that's why this time was the best time to save all your bitcoins because there's a lot of good opportunity on bitcoin in future.
radamiel

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 02:44:57 AM

i think bitcoin could still be preferred crypto currency because bitcoin was the first crypto currency and more powerful than other that's why im thinking bitcoin could be our first digital currency that we can use in everyday life. that's why this time was the best time to save all your bitcoins because there's a lot of good opportunity on bitcoin in future.

I strongly agree with it, bitcoin might not be replaced by another cryptocurrency. cryptocurrency bitcoin is a reference in the world. and in fact until now no that can't be rival of the bitcoin
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 05:49:21 AM

i think if the creator of bitcoin improve its system and add more usable feature ithink bitcoin will still be the preferred cryptocurrency because bitcoin is the pioneer of all cryptocurrency so it will be the primary crypto currency to be used even after 10 years. im planning to create my own gambling sites if i can make save all my bitcoins and my friends also will help me to build my own gambling sites they will be my stock holders and part of my company too.
Tanic

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 11:42:12 PM

I don't know. Technologies are developing so fast and every year it appear something new in this area. Who knows what will be with bitcoin. I think it will transform in something.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 12:41:54 AM

That is, if bitcoin will still exist after 10 years.  Smiley

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1052

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2016, 04:07:40 AM

i have no doubts it will still exist in fact its value will be a lot along with the rest that also exist these days.
if OP will still be here after 10 years, he will not realize it that 10 actually pass and the least that is expect did happen.

CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 06:14:11 AM

Will bitcoin still be the preferred cryptocurrency after 10 years or will something better take over?
We can't so sure about bitcoin in 10 years later, it's a long way to go and there is no certain answer about that which we could only speculate and predict it. According to the bitcoin track record and cryptocurrency world nowadays, bitcoin still lead the market and become major digital currency. All of those coins created because of bitcoin has invented and be the preferred of new coin, but none could equal compare to bitcoin, I think bitcoin still be the preferred in 10 years later.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 04:19:24 PM

the existence of bitcoin is a sure thing, you can't make it disappear. even if everyone stops mining, trading and generally using bitcoin the code is still going to exist on the internet and blockchain in a museum at least by some collector Smiley

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 04:53:02 PM

That is, if bitcoin will still exist after 10 years.  Smiley

the existence of bitcoin is a sure thing, you can't make it disappear. even if everyone stops mining, trading and generally using bitcoin the code is still going to exist on the internet and blockchain in a museum at least by some collector Smiley

Bitcoin had created that way, supported by blockchain technology.
In 10 years, bitcoin will still there, on the network and keep growing and getting bigger market cap.
People will realize how bitcoin could beneficial for them to storing their wealth instead of fiat money.
As the founder said, in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
Tanic

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 05:39:35 PM

I think the second variant has place to be. Bitcoin is technology and as we all see technologies are developing fast this days and day by day the speed of development are getting higher. It's hard to predict now what is going to be with bitcoin.
Pendularin

Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 05:45:37 PM

i have no doubts it will still exist in fact its value will be a lot along with the rest that also exist these days.
if OP will still be here after 10 years, he will not realize it that 10 actually pass and the least that is expect did happen.

But another good coin could be used more than the bitcoin.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 06:23:35 PM

bitcoin will still be the king  but  whole bitcoins maybe insanely valuable and  similar
to  the way we think of gold bars in a vault  today

i predict we will use lightening or  L2 technology for  daily transactions
as it will accomodate unlimited users and confirm instantly

also people will transact in Mbits or even satoshis as whole coins will be used to purchase
cars and property etc ......
Pendularin

Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 12:08:53 PM

bitcoin will still be the king  but  whole bitcoins maybe insanely valuable and  similar
to  the way we think of gold bars in a vault  today

i predict we will use lightening or  L2 technology for  daily transactions
as it will accomodate unlimited users and confirm instantly

also people will transact in Mbits or even satoshis as whole coins will be used to purchase
cars and property etc ......

L2 could be used. But that is many years away. And some people do not trust the LN operators and it is centralised.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 6549

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 09:53:55 PM

Well, today Bitcoin is getting 8 years old. Happy birthday!

So my answer is: Very probably yes. 10 years from the start by Satoshi would be 2019, that's less time from now than the November 2013 bubble.

Serious competitors could emerge in these last years of the 2010s, but they need to grow organically and build up the network and community Bitcoin already has. That takes time. But there are probably improvements like a less energy consuming algorithm (probably not the current incarnations of PoS) that could be a serious challenge for Bitcoin's supremacy in the cryptocurrency world at some point in the future.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Tanic

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 11:11:59 PM

Bitcoin is spreading over the world now. And it appear many new crypto currencies with the idea to repeat the success of bitcoin. I doubt that any of them will be able to do that. So bitcoin is going be still prefered crypto currency in 10 years by my opinion.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: