Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:39:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help! :( New bitcoin user who can't withdraw funds from MtGox account  (Read 1183 times)
chemdog (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 06:50:56 PM

Hi, I'm a new member here.

I made an MtGox account yesterday and deposited 300 dollars through bitinstant and currently have 9.5 bitcoins laying in my mtgox wallet.

however, it will not let me withdraw my funds to any bitcoin address because it says I am not verified.

Whenever I try to withdraw funds to any bitcoin address it tells me,

"Your account is currently pending review, please visit https://mtgox.com/forms/verification"

What is this? My friend uses this site and never had to verify his account and is able to make withdrawals fine.

What should I do? Should I wait it out? Contact MtGox? I really need to withdraw funds soon and I am really mad that I just invested 300 dollars worth of bitcoins that which I can't even use.

Any help is appreciated,

thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chemdog (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 07:29:30 PM

bump.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2013, 07:39:25 PM

Quote from: Mt. Gox Terms of Service
Mt. Gox will request identification information (such as an identity card, invoices, Government issued photographic identification, utility bill, residential certificate, signed certification of cohabitation, or similar, banking information) depending on the amounts deposited on the Accounts or the presence of suspicious activity which may indicate money-laundering or other illegal activity. Identification of the bank account from which funds are transferred to the Account may also be requested. In certain cases notarization of certain documents (including apostille) may be requested. Transactions may be frozen until the identity check has been considered satisfactory by Mt. Gox as required by applicable money laundering laws. Mt. Gox may request additional identification information at any time at the request of any competent authority or by application of any applicable law or regulation.

If your friend registered his account long enough ago, he may not have had to verify. I don't believe this clause was implemented until last year.

Still around.
chemdog (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 07:43:19 PM

Quote from: Mt. Gox Terms of Service
Mt. Gox will request identification information (such as an identity card, invoices, Government issued photographic identification, utility bill, residential certificate, signed certification of cohabitation, or similar, banking information) depending on the amounts deposited on the Accounts or the presence of suspicious activity which may indicate money-laundering or other illegal activity. Identification of the bank account from which funds are transferred to the Account may also be requested. In certain cases notarization of certain documents (including apostille) may be requested. Transactions may be frozen until the identity check has been considered satisfactory by Mt. Gox as required by applicable money laundering laws. Mt. Gox may request additional identification information at any time at the request of any competent authority or by application of any applicable law or regulation.

If your friend registered his account long enough ago, he may not have had to verify. I don't believe this clause was implemented until last year.

he registered like a week ago.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2013, 07:51:58 PM

If you don't think Mt. Gox's verification process should apply to you, you should contact them about it.

Still around.
chemdog (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 08:13:54 PM

just sent a support request, when can I expect to receive a response? I also went to the live chat for help but haven't found a person to chat with.
chemdog (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 12:43:47 AM

Bump
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 12:45:33 AM