Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:03:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which coin will Gemini customers demand to trade next?
DASH?
MAIDSAFE?
MONERO?
BITSHARES
FACTOM?
SYNEREO?
STEEM?
EMERCOIN?
NEXT?
IOTA?
LISK?
NONE - Gemini will never add another crypto to their platform again
DAO?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH on Gemini becaue customers asked 4 it, what coin will they ask for next?POLL  (Read 654 times)
useless eater (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 05:02:30 PM

We all know that Gemini is adding Ethereum, and if we would have known last week, we all could have made a boatload:

http://www.coindesk.com/winklevoss-brothers-invest-ether-leading-launch/

"customers of the Gemini exchange began to ask for the asset to be added as an option, Winklevoss said"

"the brothers were attracted to what Tyler described as its distinguishing attributes. Namely, that it includes a Turing-complete computer language and that it can be used as fuel for performing different smart contract-related tasks."

So here I am again, appealing to the wisdom of the crowd and asking which coin will GEMINI CUSTOMERS (not you) demand to trade next (or threaten to trade elsewhere).

The Winklevoss kids are not stupid. They know that they need to keep their customers happy.  So if any of you here are customers, and watch the Gemini troll box, or whatever they have for complaining over there.  Please let me know which coins they are demanding the hardest!

I've gone through the trouble of adding the coins not only with the highest market caps in the world (from the coinmarketcap.com top 20 and recent completed ICO's that have already established a top 20 market cap), but have "ditinguishing attributes" such as those that "attracted" the Gemini owners to the coin in the first place.

Thank you for the valuable investment information.  I will follow the wisdom of the crowd, for their choice is the definition of mass adoption, and Gemini is following the wisdom of the crowd faster than Coinbase, and other exchanges that only trade 1 type of coin.

Since the crowd is dynamic, I have allowed you the ability to change your vote.

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sark

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 05:15:22 PM

Next they will be asking for support for Ethereum based tokens - Augur, Maker, Digix, TheDao, etc. Five of the top 10 alt tokens are now based on the Ethereum network and all the new recent entrants are all Ethereum based tokens.
Listent

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 08:44:44 PM

So these projects will use up quite a lot of Ethereum. So the number of Ethereum in circulation will reduce.
useless eater (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 10:41:18 PM

Next they will be asking for support for Ethereum based tokens - Augur, Maker, Digix, TheDao, etc. Five of the top 10 alt tokens are now based on the Ethereum network and all the new recent entrants are all Ethereum based tokens.

You are right, the DAO, jumped up the coinmarketcap pretty quickly ($30M), so I put that on the list for Gemini adoption consideration.  It's trading liquid on the BITSHARES DEX (not Ethererm), according to Coinmarketcap:

http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/

I highly doubt, that Gemini is going to adopt a sub $5 market cap coin for their exchange, however, which is why I believe that they will only accept a crypto with a high market cap that trades a high volume daily.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 10:47:28 PM

Well even though the DAO is not a coin, that would be the only thing on your list they might even consider listing.

It is interesting that you left off the only two other coins with a $100 million+ market-cap, Ripple and Litecoin. Besides customer demand, I am sure they look at profitability, or how much interest and trading volume a coin has, before making the decision to add a coin to their exchange. So I believe there is a much higher bar to be met than simply people demanding that such and such shitcoin get added to their exchange.
Haswell

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:12:49 PM

I say that Gemini will ask for DASH.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: