Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:20:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for system integrators for new asic  (Read 21919 times)
tytus

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 03:41:55 PM

Getting 60GH/s with 5Watt is a very good result ! :-)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Magnate

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 10:45:47 PM

holly $#!+
one chip pulling 60-120ghs and 15W?!? That is way better than I had guessed. I was going for 64 cores, but not that frequency or that low a power consumption.

Cooling requirements should be tiny too. Just a small 1" square heat sink and fan would more than do for a high speed/power version. And the boards will be tiny with the SD slots and OI taking up most the realestate.

Thanks for the info Helveticoin. I'll be in the market for some mining equipment in a couple of months, now I know what I'm saving for (just need a price!)
bitblazing

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 12:20:41 AM

Count me in as very interested in this!!!!
tytus

Activity: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 12:07:35 PM

We are quite aware of our actual competition (Butterflylabs, Avalon,..) , but we are unfamiliar with the companies behind some other recent announcements that are suspected hoaxes. Many people asked us if we had any relation with them, I just wanted to make clear that we do not know them and they are not using our chips.
I would encourage You to consider talking to BFL also (in addition to Avalon). It is not in my interest but the BTC community invested in the BFL project millions of USD. It would be a shame if this goes up in smoke as bASIC did.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 12:18:07 PM

We are quite aware of our actual competition (Butterflylabs, Avalon,..) , but we are unfamiliar with the companies behind some other recent announcements that are suspected hoaxes. Many people asked us if we had any relation with them, I just wanted to make clear that we do not know them and they are not using our chips.
I would encourage You to consider talking to BFL also (in addition to Avalon). It is not in my interest but the BTC community invested in the BFL project millions of USD. It would be a shame if this goes up in smoke as bASIC did.

It would also be a shame if the emergence of a new player in the ASIC market doesn't lead to more competition and more vendors to choose from.  This is a golden opportunity for vendors to emerge who have short order to delivery times and for the now ridiculous never-ending pre-order saga to die a far overdue death.  It would be a shame if it's squandered on merely reinforcing the status quo.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 01:22:19 PM

It would also be a shame if the emergence of a new player in the ASIC market doesn't lead to more competition and more vendors to choose from.  This is a golden opportunity for vendors to emerge who have short order to delivery times and for the now ridiculous never-ending pre-order saga to die a far overdue death.  It would be a shame if it's squandered on merely reinforcing the status quo.

+1

IOW it'd be nice if we could bring a bit of professionalism into the market.

marra

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 03:34:27 PM

Where's the pc board diagram scheme?

$1 = 1 satoshi  ☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☲☳☱☷☷☳☲☰☰☰☰☲☳☳
☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☲☳☷☷☳☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☰☱☲☳
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 03:37:54 PM

You should probably read the thread instead of skimming it looking for PCB pics.
marra

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 03:40:57 PM

You should probably read the thread instead of skimming it looking for PCB pics.

I read it, I can't start manufacturing process of pc boards using their new chips without a diagram.

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 03:45:52 PM

I read it, I can't start manufacturing process of pc boards using their new chips without a diagram.

You should probably read the thread.

If you are interested in partnering with us, contact me helveticoin at gmail dot com and please provide some information to help us judge your ability to integrate our chip in a consumer product. Large scale mining operations are also welcome to inquire, but do realize you will face non trivial technical challenges and costs to develop a functional miner,  and we will require minimum quantities. Technical and financial details will be provided under NDA only.

marra

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 03:47:57 PM

What the hack, I'll just have to wait for an open source diagram and for chips to show up in catalog. Same as it went with the fpga systems.

BTW, I have contacted them, no answer, same as with primeasic.

The reason I ask every time for a diagram is simple, diagram without chips is useless yet it is proof that the company is serious. Until someone provides an independent confirmation of a working device or a diagram scheme, that company should be treated as irrelevant to the market.

johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 06:40:20 PM

Just a question to OP: Do you follow the general consensus of bitcoin community that do not let any single entity acquire more than 10% of the total hash power of the network?

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 10:33:50 PM

Just a question to OP: Do you follow the general consensus of bitcoin community that do not let any single entity acquire more than 10% of the total hash power of the network?

They're wholesaling chips.  How on earth can they control how much hashing power an end user acquires?  Even if individual vendors limit the amount of hashing power they'll sell to a customer, people can order from multiple vendors and they can acquire additional units on the secondary market. 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
hardcore-fs

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 01:25:44 AM

Assuming SHA256 engine computes a single sha256 function

No, it does a double hash.

I still don't understand Your statement about the high chip costs. You don't want to create a real mask set for the chip and continue with the MLM-MPW mask? I don't think this is a good strategy. By the time the chips enter the market the price per chip will be probably in the order of $2 per GH/s => $60-120 for Your chips. If You get only few chips per wafer this price would be too low. I would invest in a full mask especially since these chips will survive on the market much longer than the competing chips.

You are incorrectly assuming the production wafers would contain only a small number of bitcoin asics. They will contain only bitcoin chips, using the same mask, but shielding everything we dont need.

When you say it does a 'double hash'
1. Does it do a double hash and compare, or just a double hash....
2. Are the I/O pins parallel or Serial.

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
hydrogenesis

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 01:35:19 AM

Great news. Plz keep this thread up to date. I would like to get one when its ready. The tinier the better!
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:37:34 PM

Will be watching this career with great interest!

[subbed]

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
NEO2012

Activity: 162

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 08:29:35 PM

update

We hoped to get in touch with at least a few new viable companies with the right competences and exposure to bitcoin, but we are frankly overwhelmed by the amount and quality of responses we have received so far.  We are more convinced than ever that this is the correct business approach to minimize our risks, guarantee proper execution and allow end users a choice of supplier and implementation.

However,  we also believe its in no one's interest to have too many partners duplicating their engineering and marketing efforts and killing each others margins. Therefore, we will review all current applications and new ones we may yet receive this week, and somewhere next week (first week of March), we will select and contact a few companies we deem to be best positioned to start formal negotiations with.

Original post follows.

Hello,

We are looking for system integrators to help bring to market another ASIC-based bitcoin miner.  Partners will be supplied with packaged and tested high performance ASICs, all technical specifications, a reference design for the PCB and early software. We expect our partners to implement or customize our PCB design, perform or oversee the PCB assembly, system design, manufacturing and assembly of the end-user devices, handle sales, marketing, logistics and after sales support.  We may also require some help with the software, but we are looking to contract someone for that.

About our ASIC

Our currently unnamed bitcoin mining chip taped out last October; we (ab)used spare estate on our 28nm SOI MLM test wafers we were running at ST Microelectronics. Several successful wafer test runs have been conducted since, and as a result, we currently have a limited number of functional chips that can be supplied for testing and validation.  We are about to sign a deal that allows us to produce these chips in volume. Packaged chips are expected to start arriving in volume in June of this year.

Since we use state of the art 28nm SOI technology, our chip is quite significantly more power efficient and higher performing than anything currently announced or shipping.  The downside of our technology is that we require expensive wafers and we are using a multi layer mask, so our per chip production costs are likely higher than our competitors. But since no one else is selling asics, and no one has a product that can match our specifications, we can assure prospective partners that our per chip prices will be low enough to allow them to compete very favorably in all relevant metrics with current known suppliers and that we have more than enough margin to follow aggressive price cuts that we expect will happen over the course of this year.  I realize this is vague, but we will release exact performance data and cost estimates under NDA to prospective partners. I can guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Performance and costs aside, one other notable feature of our chip is that each one integrates an ARM Cortex M3 core which is fully capable of running linux and mining software. Our reference design board provides up to 256 MB RAM, USB, ethernet and Sdcard controllers allowing each board to mine without needing a host.  Our reference board hosts only one mining asic, but even a single chip is more capable than most competing multi chip solutions. We currently have no design for multi chip boards, but its entirely possible for partners to design a PCB that will hold many ASICs, without duplicating all the IO. The chips are designed to be used as slaves, although we have not yet tested this in hardware.

We currently have one integrator that has committed to bringing our chip to market, but we are looking for at least 3 more. Our prices will be the same for every partner, and will vary only with quantity.

About  us

I represent a small team of highly skilled engineers with decades of experience in developing custom soc's for embedded and mobile applications. Unlike our competition, we realize we dont have the skills, time, resources or expertise to go from silicon to end user satisfaction. Thats why we decided to find partners who can complement our skills and provide the mining market with more choice and competition.

We are in the process of setting up a GmbH under swiss law, but we prefer to remain out of the spotlight to avoid our non bitcoin customers perceiving conflicts of interest. Obviously any partners will get to know exactly who we are.  We can arrange meetings and demo's in Switzerland or France.

If you are interested in partnering with us, contact me helveticoin at gmail dot com and please provide some information to help us judge your ability to integrate our chip in a consumer product. Large scale mining operations are also welcome to inquire, but do realize you will face non trivial technical challenges and costs to develop a functional miner,  and we will require minimum quantities. Technical and financial details will be provided under NDA only.

I will try to occasionally answer questions on this forum, but serious inquiries should be sent by email.

Regards,

Helveticoin

(I would appreciate if this post could be moved from newbies to custom hardware and getting whitelisted so i can respond to questions)

U SHOLD CONTACT BFL IM SURED THEY SCAM U AND RUN INTO THE GROUND OR BRING SOME TO MARKET BY 2016
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 04:35:36 AM

After seeing both Avalon and BFL's power consumption, I strongly doubt the claim of 60GH/15W for 28nm process, seems even 30W is a best case scenario

GalaxyASIC

Activity: 130

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 05:02:41 AM

As for the performance estimates; we wanted to remain tight lipped about this to not steal our partners thunder, but since they actually press us to get some more info out, I will give you some. Our design contains 64 SHA256 engines (at least 60 are expected to be operational in each chip). Maximum clock frequency of our samples, depending on voltage, ranges between 1 and >2 GHz. Power consumption per chip is in the 5-15W range.

Couple questions, if you will.
Does each engine produce one Bitcoin double SHA2 hash per clock cycle?

Also, have any of your first round partners met with you in person and seen a live demonstration of your hardware?

Our first partner has had a working prototype for almost as long as we have. The second prospective partner only has documentation atm, we have not signed with them yet.

And yes, one dual iterated hash per clock.

How many gates did you used to create each double sha core?
Thanks

HashFast REFUND ! I am a HashFast's Batch 1 customer and I want full 100% BTC refund.
Rodyland

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 11:41:22 PM

"Our currently unnamed bitcoin mining chip taped out last October; we (ab)used spare estate on our 28nm SOI MLM test wafers we were
running at ST Microelectronics. Several successful wafer test runs have been conducted since, and as a result, we currently have a limited
number of functional chips that can be supplied for testing and validation."

You posted no proof whatsoever. Yet another manufacturer without smartphone or camera?

Number of scammers on this forum is staggering.

They've asked nobody for money as far as I can tell.  I think your trigger finger is a little itchy there fella.

Beware the weak hands!
1NcL6Mjm4qeiYYi2rpoCtQopPrH4PyKfUC
GPG ID: E3AA41E3
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: