Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:14:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for system integrators for new asic  (Read 21920 times)
Magnate

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 10:30:15 PM

Any info yet as to the "official" announcements?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thomashrev89

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 12:43:13 AM

OP seems legit-.

mokahless

Activity: 471
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 03:57:17 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2013, 07:10:30 AM by mokahless

OP seems legit-.

**This is a speculation post, NOT a scam accusation post. Shit, even the word scam is way overused and misused in this forum.**

I can also write a very professional post like that. The question is:
Did anyone contact him representing potential system integrators? No one has said anything one way or the other. So either no one has or there is some kind of NDA on even mentioning you talked to him? What's really going on here?

Posting on the Bitcoin forum is odd for a company looking for systems integrators for their chips. But not entirely unlikely. I see 3 possibilities:

1. Everything is as helveticoin says. This would be very interesting and certainly change things regarding miners who have pre-purchased ASICs from other companies. Even with them onboard, I expect to be able to make 0.1BTC/day with a 60GH/s unit by the end of the year. They claim a lot of PH/s but I can't see there being enough orders for them in the volume they can produce right off the bat. I do expect them to start a slow network increase past the initial spike. But they seem to be hoping to get the chips off their hands quickly so... (speculation time)
What I get from the first post is that this is a group of people who abused their control over the 28nm wafers from GF while working at ST Microelectronics to design and produce bitcoin ASICs. They have now left the company and brought the "stolen" chips with them. They are now forming a new one: A company who wants to sell the chips they got while working there to people who will do the systems integration and resale. In other words, they want to get rid of the chips relatively quickly and make money on it. I think they will try to get rid of their stock and produce nothing past that.

2. Someone was bored and can actually speak English properly and be professional.

3. This is a well thought out and long term scam that will start with initial rumours mainly brought on by this thread, further developments and lead to multiple fully-believable companies selling fake ASICs by June. I guess it is a good idea because they can claim they don't need pre-orders here but when it comes down to it, they can have the other fake reseller companies be the ones to ask for preorders.

Questions:

MLM is advertised as a cost-saving measure so why is helveticoin claiming this will increase their costs?
MLM saves mask costs ("mask" is done already) but increases chip costs.

Why did they come to bitcointalk?

Has anyone actually discussed being a systems integrator with them from this forum?

Has anyone sent any "serious inquiries" by email as helveticoin asked and received a response?

</long post with lots of speculation, questions and skepticism>

So now we wait until May.

Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 05:25:30 AM

Until someone actually asks for money it would be premature to even consider this as a scam candidiate.

We can take a closer look if/when the integrators start putting up their finished products for sale.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 05:26:51 AM

Until someone actually asks for money it would be premature to even consider this as a scam candidiate.

We can take a closer look if/when the integrators start putting up their finished products for sale.

We need a label like "the boy who cried wolf" as much as we need a "scammer" tag.

I try to be respectful and informed.
tytus

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 10:41:47 AM

1. Everything is as helveticoin says. This would be very interesting and certainly change things regarding miners who have pre-purchased ASICs from other companies. Even with them onboard, I expect to be able to make 0.1BTC/day with a 60GH/s unit by the end of the year. They claim a lot of PH/s but I can't see there being enough orders for them in the volume they can produce right off the bat. I do expect them to start a slow network increase past the initial spike. But they seem to be hoping to get the chips off their hands quickly so... (speculation time)
What I get from the first post is that this is a group of people who abused their control over the 28nm wafers from GF while working at ST Microelectronics to design and produce bitcoin ASICs. They have now left the company and brought the "stolen" chips with them. They are now forming a new one: A company who wants to sell the chips they got while working there to people who will do the systems integration and resale. In other words, they want to get rid of the chips relatively quickly and make money on it. I think they will try to get rid of their stock and produce nothing past that.
They probably need to negotiate with their employer (most likely ST partner that offers MPW ... there is 1) the terms of spinning off the chip. This can take an unpredictable amount of time and this could be a reason for delay.

Quote from: mokahless link=topic=146371.msg1712872#msg1712872
MLM is advertised as a cost-saving measure so why is helveticoin claiming this will increase their costs?
MLM saves mask costs ("mask" is done already) but increases chip costs.
mokahless

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:11:57 AM

We need a label like "the boy who cried wolf" as much as we need a "scammer" tag.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I'm raising questions and speculating.

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:23:52 PM

I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I'm raising questions and speculating.

Hey, you're just asking questions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZAuTDVuD7o&t=1m26s
tytus

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 11:17:42 PM

After some thinking and watching the BTC price go through the roof helveticoin decided to change the technology exploitation plan and go for solo mining :-) mediocre revenues from chip sales do not justify the bureaucracy of a Swiss GmBH :-)
=> we will have no more updates
=> we will see the 28nm chip on network hash-rate charts in August :-)
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:07:52 AM

After some thinking and watching the BTC price go through the roof helveticoin decided to change the technology exploitation plan and go for solo mining :-) mediocre revenues from chip sales do not justify the bureaucracy of a Swiss GmBH :-)

Thank goodness by then the expect network "difficulty" will become a factor in their speculative calculations.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 09:42:19 AM

Is this a joke or a confirmed fact?

tytus

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 09:45:13 AM

A confirmed joke of course :-)
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:04:48 AM

Any news from Helveticoin?

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
mokahless

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:39:18 AM

Should be in May.

Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:28:28 PM

Should be in May.

May 11th any updates?
mokahless

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 11:56:16 PM

May 11th any updates?

Seemingly not. In the meantime, here is the exact quote, as on page 2, for easier reference:

[...]As a principle, we do not want to pre-announce our customers announcements. However, bitcoin asic market is somewhat unique, and gives a huge and unfair advantage to companies announcing early even if they deliver late. Since we want your suppliers to compete on service and technical merits, rather than on the date they announce or start accepting preorders, we will synchronize their product announcements. A date for this is yet to be set, but I hope doing this in May will also give our new partners sufficient time to prepare and we should be sure of our ability to deliver by then. If our partners agree, we will put out a common statement much earlier giving end users a better idea of what to expect and when to expect it.  This could happen in a few weeks time.

Also from page 4:
@Magnate
We will come out with a press release once all legal hurdles are taken and the deals are inked. I cant give a precise date for that, I do hope its within the next few weeks.

tom_o

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:38:25 AM

"Our currently unnamed bitcoin mining chip taped out last October; we (ab)used spare estate on our 28nm SOI MLM test wafers we were
running at ST Microelectronics. Several successful wafer test runs have been conducted since, and as a result, we currently have a limited
number of functional chips that can be supplied for testing and validation."

You posted no proof whatsoever. Yet another manufacturer without smartphone or camera?

Number of scammers on this forum is staggering.

What you think they're trying to scam technical information from engineers?

Looking forward to this.
ChipGeek

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 04:02:39 AM

Still no updates from helveticoin? 

Hmmm... I'm wondering about the KnCminer and ORSoC partnership....

So what's up helveticoin?  Any news yet?

Tip jar: 1ChipGeeK7PDxaAWG4VgsTi31SfJ6peKHw
dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 05:35:07 AM

helveticoin is absent without leave Grin
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile