Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 01:14:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anyone using Ripple in a real way?  (Read 889 times)
ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2013, 11:11:09 PM

Has anyone trusted Ripple enough to use it for something real?

Hint: Speculating on XRP isn't considered a real use case here. Sending money to someone is.

I would love to use it for settlement with friends of mine, but I don't want to be the first to take the plunge - in the near future I'll need to keep my own record of my IOUs because I don't trust Ripple to do it yet.

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
rmolby

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 10:49:01 PM

Has anyone trusted Ripple enough to use it for something real?

Hint: Speculating on XRP isn't considered a real use case here. Sending money to someone is.

I would love to use it for settlement with friends of mine, but I don't want to be the first to take the plunge - in the near future I'll need to keep my own record of my IOUs because I don't trust Ripple to do it yet.

Well, someone has to be first to use it... I'm not saying it's you, just sayin'... I signed up and trying to get XRP so I can use it. We shall see what happens...
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 11:10:22 PM

Unfortunately the gateway code provided is apparently unfit for real use, in addition to there being no server source code. So real use is probably going to have to wait for real gateway code to come out and of course the server code to be released.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
misterbigg
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 11:23:06 PM

Ripple isn't even officially published yet, think of this as a friends and family beta program.

So no (aside from speculation).

Mostly what people are doing with Ripple is implementing client and gateway code and tooling up their existing or new server infrastructure to accommodate Ripple services.
Un zafado cualquiera

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

aquí dice algo personal.

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 05:54:07 AM

I really think that the only way to use ripple as it was conceived is through XRP and BTCs because there are no real gateway so far.
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 09:10:04 PM

I'm acting as a reserve for LTC.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: