Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:48:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: iPayYou Launches New Bitcoin Wallet, With Ability to Cancel Transactions  (Read 1081 times)
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 06:17:17 AM

Thats a big no no no for me, why should we cancel a transaction after its sent, thats the biggest cool thing bitcoin has, transaction are irreversible. Anyway I am not impressed with this another wallet like coinbase but with more options so nothing new to me. We should stick to our traditional wallets as I think its not safe to leave any coins in any exchange nowadays there is always risk that you may never see those coins again.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 02:34:31 PM

Which sites are 0 confirmation? I don't know of any. It's also very difficult to double-spend a transaction after about 10 seconds provided there was a minimum transaction fee.

ShapeShift

Well, I'm sure they have something in place, similar to BitPay. Notice that BitPay does not wait for a confirmation, but they check the transaction if it looks good, includes a fee, has been relayed and seen by many nodes, and is likely to be confirmed.

There is another site that does not wait for confirmation, rebit.ph they update your transaction as "confirmed" as soon as about 10 to 20 seconds after you broadcast it, but they still take 3 hours to pay out.
Bitgo also claims to have this feature enabled in the service that they provide.
So this is not something that is so rare to see being implemented nowadays:

Prior to BitGo Instant, typical transactions took 10 minutes or more to be recorded in a block by miners. Until confirmed in the blockchain, transactions are known as “zero-confirm” transactions, and are unsafe to rely on. This is because without BitGo Instant’s guarantee, it is possible for the sender to spend the money elsewhere before the transaction is confirmed. As a result, most Bitcoin businesses require multiple confirmations to credit a deposit, which can take anywhere from 30 minutes to several hours. With BitGo Instant, funds can be available immediately after receipt.

*quoted from the opening statement of the Bitgo instant splash page.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 07:18:15 PM

You just have to look at the transaction itself, it simply has to satisfy a few conditions:

1. Has a fee, above minimum relay fee, probably above estimatefee for 25 blocks.
2. Seen and relayed by many nodes, you can check on blockchain.info
3. No double spends seen yet.

I would simply wait about 10 seconds after first seeing the transaction, then do the two above checks.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: