Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:28:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: creativex altered, moved and locked Basic Mining thread  (Read 728 times)
xhomerx10 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7993

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 02:01:12 PM

creativex logged in recently to alter the OP of the Basic Mining thread that was in marketplace->securities, change the title to "btt", move it to the Turkish forum and lock it.

You can view the thread here

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 02:05:00 PM

Another IPO scam, nothing new. That name though, Eric Corlew, reminds me of master-p ... guess not
vaderiffic

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:55:01 AM

I hope one day we find this guy. bASIC-mining was a scam by creativex and he should pay for his crimes.
xhomerx10 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 02:38:02 AM

The password for Eric Corlew's account - creativex - was cracked at some point and the account was sold.  I saw a thread where a guy claimed the accounts he bought were stolen from him and creativex was in the list.

Edit: It's pretty easy to find his brother; that guy is.always in trouble with the police.
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 02:58:35 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2017, 03:17:48 AM by Alphi

I hope one day we find this guy. bASIC-mining was a scam by creativex and he should pay for his crimes.

Hi guys, just an update..

I found the guy,

ERIC ALLAN CORLEW was just an alias.

Is real name is  BRETT MICHAEL CORLEW he was convicted in 2013 of drug offences and released in 10/21/2014.

https://www.rapsheets.org/michigan/doc-prisoner/CORLEW_BRETT/781538

At the time of his disappearance the company was worth about 11,100 BTC
that would be about 47 million dollars in today's money.

https://tradeblock.com/blog/bitcoin-mining-public-companies

I have a background in investigative case management so I can put together a quick brief against this guy and send it to the authorities.

Is anyone still around who was part of the initial evidence gathering against him? I can't remember the site that was set up to collect information. It would be handy if we had that.

I invested quite a few BTC in this company and ill probably never get it back because he likely spent it all on drugs and booze but I'd like to see him convicted for his crimes.

Because he is a convicted criminal, the authorities will know how to find him.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
Alphi

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:31:26 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2017, 03:49:46 AM by Alphi

The password for Eric Corlew's account - creativex - was cracked at some point and the account was sold.  I saw a thread where a guy claimed the accounts he bought were stolen from him and creativex was in the list.

Edit: It's pretty easy to find his brother; that guy is.always in trouble with the police.

Either it is the same guy or they lived in the same house together but either way that makes them accomplices.
According to his rap sheet Brett used ERIC ALLAN CORLEW as his alias so I am willing to bet that CreativeX is actually Brett.

2544 Batt Dr, Grand Rapids MI

Organization   Phone   More Info
Creative X-Pressions   (616) 847-2578   
Brett M Corlew, ~47   (616) 243-7990   
Eric A Corlew, ~48   (616) 243-7990   
Stephanie A Corlew, ~67   (616) 243-7990

https://rehold.com/Grand+Rapids+MI/BATT+DR/2544

Not only that but the CreativeX posts seem to have stopped at about the same time as Brett was in Jail.

That is too much of a coincidence for me.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
xhomerx10 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:59:12 AM

Hi guys, just an update..

I found the guy,

ERIC ALLAN CORLEW was just an alias.

Is real name is  BRETT MICHAEL CORLEW he was convicted in 2013 of drug offences and released in 10/21/2014.

At the time of his disappearance the company was worth about 11,100 BTC
that would be about 47 million dollars in today's money.

https://tradeblock.com/blog/bitcoin-mining-public-companies

I have a background in investigative case management so I can put together a quick brief against this guy and send it to the authorities.

Is anyone still around who was part of the initial evidence gathering against him? I can't remember the site that was set up to collect information. It would be handy if we had that.

I invested quite a few BTC in this company and ill probably never get it back because he likely spent it all on drugs and booze but I'd like to see him convicted for his crimes.

Because he is a convicted criminal, the authorities will know how to find him.

I'm pretty sure that's not an alias - that's his brother.  
His mother Stephanie Anne Corlew died in 2014 - here is a link to the memorial page.
http://www.stegengafuneralchapel.com/obituaries/Stephanie-Corlew/#!/Obituary
and another here http://www.lifestorynet.com/obituaries/stephanie-a-corlew.100779

The brother has had several run-ins with the law.  As far as we were able to find out, Eric was just a dickhead with a gambling problem who had problems paying his alimony and various other debts.

Alphi

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:07:44 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2017, 04:22:11 AM by Alphi

and I'm pretty sure you didn't bother to read his rap sheet.

BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION

MDOC Number:
SID Number:
Name:
BRETT MICHAEL CORLEW
Racial Identification:
White
Hair:
Brown
Eyes:
Brown
Height:
5' 11"
Weight:
160 lbs.
Date of Birth:
10/03/1969  (46)
BRETT MICHAEL CORLEW
Image Date:
3/26/2013
MDOC STATUS
Current Status:
Parolee
Supervision Begin Date:
10/21/2014
Assigned Location:
Lake/Baldwin/TRV
Supervision Discharge Date:
10/21/2016
Security Level:
Date Paroled:
10/21/2014
ALIASES
ERIC ALLEN CORLEW

MARKS, SCARS & TATTOOS
None
PRISON SENTENCES
ACTIVE
Sentence 1
Offense:
Operating Intoxicated/Impaired/Controlled Substance - 3rd
Minimum Sentence:
1 year 11 months 0 days
MCL#:
257.6256D
Maximum Sentence:
5 years 0 months
Court File#:
1211370-FH
Date of Offense:
11/20/2012
County:
Kent
Date of Sentence:
03/21/2013
Conviction Type:
Plea

This is a court document, at the time of his trial it was established that he used ERIC ALAN CORLEW as an alias. He probably did that because he had prior convictions and so he needed to use his brothers ID to register the business, have it listed on the exchange and borrow money etc.

They both lived in the same house and the business was run from there so either Brett was involved OR they both were. Either way there is enough evidence to go to the authorities with and so the courts can decide whether it was ERIC or BRETT who actually ran the company and defrauded their investors. They probably still live in the same house.

This is a clear cut Fraud case so there is no longer any need to hunt the guy down and confront him.. the law can take it from here now that the facts have been established and the recent rise in the price of BTC only makes it more likely that they will.
The SEC has already made it plainly clear that selling unregistered shares falls under their jurisdiction.

xhomerx10 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:04:10 AM

and I'm pretty sure you didn't bother to read his rap sheet.

BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION

MDOC Number:
SID Number:
Name:
BRETT MICHAEL CORLEW
Racial Identification:
White
Hair:
Brown
Eyes:
Brown
Height:
5' 11"
Weight:
160 lbs.
Date of Birth:
10/03/1969  (46)
BRETT MICHAEL CORLEW
Image Date:
3/26/2013
MDOC STATUS
Current Status:
Parolee
Supervision Begin Date:
10/21/2014
Assigned Location:
Lake/Baldwin/TRV
Supervision Discharge Date:
10/21/2016
Security Level:
Date Paroled:
10/21/2014
ALIASES
ERIC ALLEN CORLEW

MARKS, SCARS & TATTOOS
None
PRISON SENTENCES
ACTIVE
Sentence 1
Offense:
Operating Intoxicated/Impaired/Controlled Substance - 3rd
Minimum Sentence:
1 year 11 months 0 days
MCL#:
257.6256D
Maximum Sentence:
5 years 0 months
Court File#:
1211370-FH
Date of Offense:
11/20/2012
County:
Kent
Date of Sentence:
03/21/2013
Conviction Type:
Plea

This is a court document, at the time of his trial it was established that he used ERIC ALAN CORLEW as an alias. He probably did that because he had prior convictions and so he needed to use his brothers ID to register the business, have it listed on the exchange and borrow money etc.

They both lived in the same house and the business was run from there so either Brett was involved OR they both were. Either way there is enough evidence to go to the authorities with and so the courts can decide whether it was ERIC or BRETT who actually ran the company and defrauded their investors. They probably still live in the same house.

This is a clear cut Fraud case so there is no longer any need to hunt the guy down and confront him.. the law can take it from here now that the facts have been established and the recent rise in the price of BTC only makes it more likely that they will.
The SEC has already made it plainly clear that selling unregistered shares falls under their jurisdiction.

You're right, I didn't read over Brett's rap sheet - I don't think we considered the possibility that he might have used Eric's name though strangely, much later, another member of the forum identified some images of Brett I had posted as being the one he dealt with and I put if off as genetic similarity mainly because we had also been in contact with Eric's ex-wife.  She claimed to know his whereabouts but she declined to help us locate him and she seemed to know he was trying to hide.  Also, I remembered Eric celebrating his birthday (before any shit went down) so if Brett was trying to run bASIC mining as Eric, it was an elaborate ruse.
  As far as the fraud - while it may seem clear cut, the operator (Ethan Burnside) of the exchange that listed bASIC mining was fined by the SEC and barred from trading but they apparently didn't dig any deeper since nobody else was sanctioned over this.  If Burnside took any personal information from the guys who listed their companies, why weren't they also sanctioned?  A small number of them were able to move to other exchanges even.

Alphi

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:46:50 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2017, 05:57:19 AM by Alphi

As far as the fraud - while it may seem clear cut, the operator (Ethan Burnside) of the exchange that listed bASIC mining was fined by the SEC and barred from trading but they apparently didn't dig any deeper since nobody else was sanctioned over this.  If Burnside took any personal information from the guys who listed their companies, why weren't they also sanctioned?  

Most investigating authorities have limited resources so they tend to go for the big fish or low hanging fruit first and work their way onto the others.
I suspect the biggest fish at Havelock were operating out of china so no point in the SEC wasting resources to go after them.

bASIC mining only had a few hundred bitcoins at the time the rest was in Litecoin and Mining gear so not really much to go after. I can't remember the exact number of BTC but I think it was around 1200 BTC, that would have only a been a few hundred thousand dollars worth of equipment and coins all up.

My own gut feeling is that the SEC probably thought it wasn't worth their time and there wasn't much evidence that a fraud had taken place.

I think the game has changed now that BTC has risen so much in value and the SEC has issued clear guidance on ICOs. It wouldn't surprise me if they have put together a task force ready to start slamming ICO scammers.

From what I can tell, there may be a statute of limitations of about 4 years for financial fraud related crimes so we may still be able to get Eric/Brett.
I think it pretty safe to say that nobody is getting their money back, but I woudn't mind a bit of Justice for that thieving prick.

By the way, some of the other guys doing a similar thing to Eric have been busted by the SEC so they may already be investigating him.

http://thehackernews.com/2017/06/bitcoin-mining-ponzi-scheme.html

and they did manage to bust Ken Slaughter who ran ActiveMining which was also listed on Havelock and BTC-TC

https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/missouri-man-fined-30k-plus-disgorgement-for-selling-stakes-in-mining-earnings/

I managed to get Kenny Boy crossed off my list, now I just need to see Eric/Brett get his dues.

xhomerx10 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 02:53:00 PM

Well you have some interesting information.  I don't believe there were anywhere near 1200 Bitcoins held in bASIC-mining.  Just going from memory here - There was a fund for purchasing new equipment that contained ~230 Bitcoins (we could watch this amount grow because creative kept it in one address), beyond that, the company owned outdated GPUs (which had become worthless for Bitcoin mining as the difficulty was too high) and other mining equipment which wasn't worth it's purchase price any more but it was still counted as company assets based on the purchase price.  It was tiny compared to kslaughter's endeavour.
Alphi

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:19:11 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2017, 08:48:41 AM by Alphi

Well you have some interesting information.  I don't believe there were anywhere near 1200 Bitcoins held in bASIC-mining.  Just going from memory here - There was a fund for purchasing new equipment that contained ~230 Bitcoins (we could watch this amount grow because creative kept it in one address), beyond that, the company owned outdated GPUs (which had become worthless for Bitcoin mining as the difficulty was too high) and other mining equipment which wasn't worth it's purchase price any more but it was still counted as company assets based on the purchase price.  It was tiny compared to kslaughter's endeavour.

you are correct it was 200 BTC and 1200 namecoin and 1000 LTC.. I must have got those numbers mixed up.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=130982.msg3675489#msg3675489

So that makes $921,800 in BTC, $2400 in NMC, $62,000 in LTC.

Not bad for a guy that only did 18 months Jail time for an unrelated crime.. I think we can do better than that...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: