Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:39:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: pls staup wit da ripple threads  (Read 979 times)
Simran (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2013, 05:34:25 AM

pls staup it. it's like errywhere.

*Image Removed*
Donate LTC: LRgbgTa3XNQSEUhnwC6Ye2vjiCV2CNRpib
Donate BTC: 1AGP6xPTRvsAVhsRsBX13NUH6p6LJjyeiA
nethead

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 05:37:13 AM

butthurt?

ripple > ltc

lol... im just kiddin  Cheesy
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 07:09:30 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2013, 07:21:23 PM by CoinHoarder

+1

To avoid the necessity for sub forums on the alt currency board, it would make since to try and keep most topics about new currencies in each of their respective main threads, unless it is just something that really needs to be pointed out to the community.

Every time a new coin enters the world, there are a million different threads about a million random things for each one (see: Novacoin/Freicoin/etc). As a result, it clutters up the forum and makes others that aren't interested in the latest fad of the week cherry pick the tidbits of information that they are actually interested in (myself including).

I know there are other ALT currency users that feel the same way as me. I love ALT currencies and think there is a place for them in the world along side Bitcoin. However, getting behind and supporting every single alt currency that pops up every week is a bit much for me. We should be supporting the best of the best, for the better of the future of ALT currencies. Not just supporting obvious scam coins or lazy devs that never improve their coin, just because we can profit from mining them.

/soapbox ... my 2 bit cents ... etc.

EDIT: I'm not calling ripple a scam coin or anything, I kind of got sidetracked on another tangent in my post...
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 07:21:29 PM

+1

To avoid the necessity for sub forums on the alt currency board, it would make since to try and keep most topics about new currencies in each of their respective main threads, unless it is just something that really needs to be pointed out to the community.

Every time a new coin enters the world, there are a million different threads about a million random things for each one (see: Novacoin/Freicoin/etc). As a result, it clutters up the forum and makes others that aren't interested in the latest fad of the week cherry pick the tidbits of information that they are actually interested in (myself including).

I know there are other ALT currency users that feel the same way as me. I love ALT currencies and think there is a place for them in the world along side Bitcoin. However, getting behind and supporting every single alt currency that pops up every week is a bit much for me. We should be supporting the best of the best, for the better of the future of ALT currencies. Not just supporting obvious scam coins or lazy devs that never improve their coin just because we can profit from mining them.

/soapbox ... my 2 bit cents ... etc.

EDIT: I'm not calling ripple a scam coin or anything, I kind of got sidetracked on another tangent in my post...

Counter proposition: How about sub forums for alt chains each?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 07:22:42 PM

+9939392428147309841305214383

Long overdue IMO. Grin
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 01:26:13 PM

NO.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2013, 03:26:58 PM

Well only for BBQcoin, because it is so fun, but not for all the scam coins like litecoin.

Tongue Cheesy Wink

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 09:59:21 PM

That would be awful. Twenty new alt coins come out every day, and then 20 more die. Keeping track would just be insanity, and there would be those butthurt when their subforum was then deleted on the grounds that the chain is dead, but they would argue that three people use the coin, so its not dead, etc etc.

I say we just put a [LTC], [NVC], [RUC], [EAR] and so on and so forth in threads that aren't just off topic so people can more easily find threads that are relevant to the coins they use.
Simran (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2013, 10:02:13 PM

That would be awful. Twenty new alt coins come out every day, and then 20 more die. Keeping track would just be insanity, and there would be those butthurt when their subforum was then deleted on the grounds that the chain is dead, but they would argue that three people use the coin, so its not dead, etc etc.

I say we just put a [LTC], [NVC], [RUC], [EAR] and so on and so forth in threads that aren't just off topic so people can more easily find threads that are relevant to the coins they use.

I think that's what he meant. All new ones and general topics can stay in this main forum. NVC doesn't need one, neither does RUC, or EAR. I think LTC, PPS, and TRC would be more appropriate.

*Image Removed*
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 10:03:05 PM

You started a Ripple thread to complain about how many Ripple threads there are ... irony!

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Simran (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2013, 10:09:19 PM

You started a Ripple thread to complain about how many Ripple threads there are ... irony!

*Image Removed*
nwbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

You are a geek if you are too early to the party!

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2013, 10:14:01 PM

While there are a large number of new currencies popping up, it might make sense to split them up based on their technical ideology.

As an examples - Coins that need mining in one place, ones which rely on networking in another etc

The nature of the current situation is that we are still trying to work out what scales best for mainstream appeal.  While Bitcoin is the winner at the moment, we only need to take examples from other areas of technology to see how fast a popular name can disappear (Old Linux distros are a great place to look!)

It might also make it easier to pick the best features of each to build the next generation of crypto currency?

*Image Removed*
I use Localbitcoins to sell bitcoins for GBP by bank transfer!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: