Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:29:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just wanted to say hello  (Read 934 times)
WishIStartedSooner (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 07:47:26 AM

I was vaguely aware of the existence of bitcoin when it started.

I feel like an idiot now for not getting into the game in the very very beginning. I didn't actually start keeping an eye on bitcoin and learning a little bit about it until halfway through last year.

I'm so mad at myself for not going homeless to invest when I found this thing...

But lately I've been reading the forums, and googling non-stop, and sponging up every bit of information about bitcoin and it's history that I can sponge up.

Late the other night, everything snapped into place like an epiphany.

Bitcoin isn't going anywhere.

It's done nothing but increase in popularity since its conception.

Piece by piece it's becoming legitimized, and it is inevitable that one of these days amazon, ebay, google, facebook, or some major player of some kind will hop on board. Then it's on.

I pray that there's enough time left before that happens for me to establish myself a little.

From this day forward I am investing a tiny chunk of every paycheck into a coin buying fund, to be used when price leaps out to me as an appropriate time to buy.

I am such a bear right now. Somebody needs to cash out for me. Preferably around Friday.

Just trying to figure out the best timing to get in on this.

Anyway I wanted to make post 1. And say high, and thank everybody for everything they've put into making this happen. I look forward to finding ways to contribute.
okaythen

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 08:03:58 AM

Well as everyone says you're better late than never.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 09:01:10 AM

From this day forward I am investing a tiny chunk of every paycheck into a coin buying fund, to be used when price leaps out to me as an appropriate time to buy.

I am such a bear right now.

Is anyone else confused?  I think I get it now ... you think $29 is overvalued, but over the long term $29 is undervalued and you think you can get a better entry point ?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

WishIStartedSooner (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 09:45:18 AM

Sorry that was pretty unclear.

I figure it's either going to continue it's upward ascent.

Or it's doing to fall again.

If it continues it's upward ascent, then I need to buy bitcoin asap.

If it acts like it might bottom out again soon, then I'm just going to have some money in Mt. Gox waiting to buy.

Just trying to figure out how long I should wait before I decide it's not going down again anytime soon.
smogbog

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 12:44:31 PM

I just wish it was easier to buy btc.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 04:15:34 AM

You should make a loan request. Roll Eyes

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4669

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 04:26:47 AM

- snip -
I feel like an idiot now for not getting into the game in the very very beginning.
- snip -
I'm so mad at myself for not going homeless to invest when I found this thing...
- snip -
Late the other night, everything snapped into place like an epiphany
- snip -
Bitcoin isn't going anywhere.

It's done nothing but increase in popularity since its conception.
- snip -
I pray that there's enough time left before that happens for me to establish myself a little.

I am such a bear right now.
- snip -
Just trying to figure out the best timing to get in on this.
- snip -

Does anyone else get the feeling that months (or years) from now, someone is going to be saying "I feel like an idiot now for not getting into the game when I had my epiphany, I'm so mad at myself for not going homeless to invest the moment I realized that bitcoin isn't going anywhere. I can't believe I didn't establish myself before that major player hopped on board."
WishIStartedSooner (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 03:22:56 PM

Does anyone else get the feeling that months (or years) from now, someone is going to be saying "I feel like an idiot now for not getting into the game when I had my epiphany, I'm so mad at myself for not going homeless to invest the moment I realized that bitcoin isn't going anywhere. I can't believe I didn't establish myself before that major player hopped on board."

...I'm so mad at myself for not going homeless to invest the moment I realized that bitcoin isn't going anywhere.

Not sure what you're saying.

Do you think I'm gonna sell at the first sign of a correction, or a bubble popping? Not my plan.

Or are you saying that's what people are gonna do, and they'll kick their own ass later because of it?

I hope they'll be saying that years from now, cause that means I'll have time to build a savings.
WishIStartedSooner (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 03:24:53 PM

Is anyone else confused?  I think I get it now ... you think $29 is overvalued, but over the long term $29 is undervalued and you think you can get a better entry point ?

That was my thinking.

But after it broke 32, I realized I was wrong, and went ahead and bought my first couple of coins (that didn't immediately get spent, I mean, I've used bitcoin to buy things since like August of last year, and I've been watching the market since that huge bubble last year.
WishIStartedSooner (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 03:25:58 PM

You should make a loan request. Roll Eyes

If I had rep, I'd consider that.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4669

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 03:41:39 PM

First you indicated that you see long term success for bitcoin and seemed to imply that you think that the exchange rate will continue to rise.

Then you stated that you were going to wait until the "price leaps out to me as an appropriate time to buy". And finally you stated that you are "such a bear right now" (indicating that you believe that the exchange rate was about to drop significantly.

Since no bear would buy into anything, it seemed obvious that you were going to wait for a "correction" or "bubble burst" or for the exchange rate to drop some amount that "leaps out" as "an appropriate time to buy".

Given that, and the possibility that the exchange rate could just keep on rising while you waited for the drop so you could catch it at the "appropriate time", it seemed quite possible that after a few months of waiting for the right time, you would be making another post about how you wished you had been more of a bull, and not so much of a bear back in February because you missed out on a great run-up trying to time the market.
WishIStartedSooner (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 03:54:12 PM

First you indicated that you see long term success for bitcoin and seemed to imply that you think that the exchange rate will continue to rise.

Then you stated that you were going to wait until the "price leaps out to me as an appropriate time to buy". And finally you stated that you are "such a bear right now" (indicating that you believe that the exchange rate was about to drop significantly.

Since no bear would buy into anything, it seemed obvious that you were going to wait for a "correction" or "bubble burst" or for the exchange rate to drop some amount that "leaps out" as "an appropriate time to buy".

Given that, and the possibility that the exchange rate could just keep on rising while you waited for the drop so you could catch it at the "appropriate time", it seemed quite possible that after a few months of waiting for the right time, you would be making another post about how you wished you had been more of a bull, and not so much of a bear back in February because you missed out on a great run-up trying to time the market.

I understand now!

Thank you for clarifying.

But yea, after it broke 32 I decided I'm just going to buy in when I get paid no matter what the price. This is a long term gamble.

Also, I indicated being a bear. But it was just wishful thinking. I've pretty much been a bull the whole time (hence all the posts about how this is pretty much headed mainstream).
zimo

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 05:03:24 PM

I hope there isn't too much bull on this forum. I don't think I could bear it.   
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 05:06:11 PM

I wouldn't recommend speculating with Bitcoin right now, but transferring to it for investment purposes and keeping your savings safe from inflation is a good idea.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: