Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:52:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mods keep deleting my posts.  (Read 662 times)
sase007 (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 10:51:47 PM

I have been making posts on this forum for a while, for some reason, mods are deleting my latest ones.
Some of these ones are where I try to help other members of the forum, which is very annoying and the posts aren't deleted until several days have past.
Here are three of the latest ones, please check to see if any of these break forum policy:
I am open to any suggestions you h ave (within reason)
Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

I Need 0.025 Loan, will give this account as collateral.
Your account doest worth those all you may be a bit more realistic about the ammount you wanna and the real value of your account.

It definitely isn't worth that amount.
Maybe try and ask for a lower amount or offer more colatterall.

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

ok here we go

1DgagYPqnnrPz3kcHCYnB7YcBRZs5Uqw5m

will the real cryptohunter please stand up!

IDj5GuE+DyXYRvGntYk5EuKCmgEfo7hZzN8yoGTiknwHA4xtnuxKqoWxf544fd9Wbpdw21nS/QgGG+2nmVyxHf4=

hope this is correct or if not I try when all the index is completed.

You need to sign a date and time. You can simply write something like this

Code:
This is cryptohunter at 18:12 on the 2[sup]nd[/sup] March 2016. 

The debug log says it is using the file in ~Library/ApplicationSupport/Bitcoin but when I try to find Bitcoin in ApplicationSupport it is not there!!!

I swear I am not crazy

Where the hell is it?

How can it be using a file that does not exist?

Where is the blockchain data being stored on my Hard Drive?

The same thing is happening on my friend's computer as well!

Can you not try gooing to it through the cli (command line).

In order to do this you must copy and paste the following simple comand
Code:
cd ~Library/ApplicationSupport/Bitcoin
dir

I think DIR is supported in apple, if not use "ls"

The reason for this is that it may be a hidden directory and will not be hidden in a command line.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 11:31:51 PM

1st post is just an "echo" post.

I vaguely remember that you posted the 2nd post after I posted mine right below the quoted post saying pretty much the same thing.

not sure about the 3rd post.
Your Point Is Invalid

Activity: 756
Merit: 510

Dear me, I think I'm becoming a god

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2016, 11:32:37 PM

I got 3 deleted today also

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 8263

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 01:24:56 AM

That's nothing!  Try posting anything in a Butterzone self-moderated thread.
In all seriousness though, mods are doing a good job cleaning up the forum lately.  I wouldn't take it personally if a few of your posts don't pass muster.  It happens to the best of 'em.

botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 03:37:53 AM

When did you make those posts?
As I see it, you were replying to posts made in February and March.

If you reply to a post made months ago, then you aren't trying to help anybody but yourself.  Smiley
sase007 (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 12:40:30 PM

If you reply to a post made months ago, then you aren't trying to help anybody but yourself.  Smiley

That's the thing, I replied to them within around 48 hours of the previous post! They have nly been deleted recently. That is two-three months late, meaning that the moderators need not delete when it is that much after.
sase007 (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 12:42:55 PM

1st post is just an "echo" post.

I vaguely remember that you posted the 2nd post after I posted mine right below the quoted post saying pretty much the same thing.

not sure about the 3rd post.

I also remember with the second one that my post was made only a few minutes after yours (due to configurations with the code function and I believe that mine was better to explain it as it showd the exact thing that the user had to use so they could simply copy and paste it into theit bitcoin wallet manager.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 12:50:19 PM

If you reply to a post made months ago, then you aren't trying to help anybody but yourself.  Smiley

That's the thing, I replied to them within around 48 hours of the previous post! They have nly been deleted recently. That is two-three months late, meaning that the moderators need not delete when it is that much after.

that's normal if you considers that the mods are also humans that can't keep track of everything.
it's possible that someone else checked your post history and reported them months after you posted.
it's also possible that someone reported your posts minutes after you made them, but was ignored by most of the mods because they are unsure if such posts deserves to be deleted. then weeks after, a less-active mod saw the report and handled it.
DOGE12321

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 12:58:38 PM

Don't mind the frequent deleted posts. The mods are just doing their job. It doesn't really matter for a couple of deleted posts.  Smiley
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 02:29:00 PM

Hmmm.... It is possible that they were reported only now.
The moderators would then take a call whether your post is material or not.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: