Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:46:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price lowering a bit  (Read 913 times)
PinkLlama (OP)

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 09:17:02 AM

So the halvening is close (yay) and the price is probably going to go up then (my speculation). The price of BTC today was $460.48 and now is $458.15 which is a -0.29% drop. Do you guys think it will lower more? I think so.

Developing great Bitcoin tools for the community
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 09:22:05 AM

Are you predicting the next few hours? 
The price is up about 20 bucks this week, why cry about the price momentarily falling 1 dollar back down?

The price could rise or fall today, that is basically a coin toss, but in the longer term I expect the price to rise.
PinkLlama (OP)

Activity: 186

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 09:23:50 AM

The price is up about 20 bucks this week, why cry about the price momentarily falling 1 dollar back down?

The price could rise or fall today, that is basically a coin toss, but in the longer term I expect the price to rise.

Yeah. I wasn't talking about any larger amount of time. I'm saying if the price is going to maybe drop to $450 that it would probably be an okay idea to buy then. In the long term, Bitcoin price will probably rise since the halvening is close and due to the fact that Bitcoin is getting more popular.

Developing great Bitcoin tools for the community
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 11:02:04 AM

It depends how many financial institutions are investing in bitcoin and analyzing the data for a profit. Remember it already jumped from around $200 a bitcoin a few months ago to it's current rate, maybe the halving has already been factored in to the price.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 11:23:21 AM

it's funny to see that people don't say much when the price is rising with a decent amount, but when the price goes down a few bucks people somehow start to get a little bit worried. don't look at these micro fluctuations unless you're a high frequency trader making hundreds of thousands of profit each year. but i'm sure that isn't the case here. the price behaves like it always has done. it has gone up a few bucks and maybe tomorrow or somewhere next week it will go down a few bucks. nothing special.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 11:45:45 AM

this image has been posted a lot around here:

the halving will likely not instantly make the price skyrocket

also, the price will most likely not be double of what it is. Just because block rewards half doesn't mean the price doubles, the relation between block rewards and price  is inversely related, but not exactly linear, its more complex than that.

So the halvening is close (yay) and the price is probably going to go up then (my speculation). The price of BTC today was $460.48 and now is $458.15 which is a -0.29% drop. Do you guys think it will lower more? I think so.

are you even serious? who cares about a 2 dollar drop? honestly.
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 06:29:25 PM

I don't really like to make the same reply as I make in some similar threads but, this is really nothing just a bump up and down. This is a normal occurrence in literally every trade. The percentage of drop isn't even that significant to begin with, considering the value of btc.
traderbit

Activity: 798

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 06:38:01 PM

Anything +-10 USD is like normal, (it has become as usual thing), a difference of 0.29% that you mention can happen any time, so the price can go even lower but i wouldn't put to much attention to this small change.

angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 11:57:48 PM

It's more than evident that the bitcoin price is consistently scalping and the new support level seems to be fixed at $430. It seems pretty unlikely to see all larger reversion towards $400 or below.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 12:18:27 AM

It'll go up. It'll go down. I know that's shocking but it's something we're gonna have to continue living with.
BitcoinLoan

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 01:50:24 AM

I also think that the price will fall. I can even believe that before halving, we can see the price close to even $400.
~BitSy~

Activity: 118

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 05:41:45 AM

And it's at 457 right now. I don't think it will go down significantly because it's pretty much normal to go up and down around 15 dollars so most likely it's due to the normal market manipulation done by whales and nothing serious to be worried about.
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 06:12:04 AM

Well, everyone knows (or should know by now) that there is a period just before a tsunami hits land, that the waters recede. And that is the sign to head for the high ground as fast as you can. I'm not trying to say that there will be a bitcoin tsunami, but... there will be a bitcoin tsunami.

Make sure you take all the necessary precautions.  Wink
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 07:00:21 AM

Price lowering a bit? It's still higher than the ~$420 exactly a month ago. We are perfectly fine at this moment as we are ~$37 higher.
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 02:09:23 PM

I hope not because I thought that the price was going to hit $500 this month but now with the price dropping I have my doubts again. So let the price not be dropping again because it would disappoint me. 
BombayChicken

Activity: 269

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 02:24:18 PM

everyone is just getting his frustrations because hes falling.If just someone says hes falling everybody
gets scared why. Do you trust people that much look at the facts not to people.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 04:28:05 PM

that's normal, the price can not remain stuck there there are spread, hell there are spread in every market, perfectly normal, see forex price change all the tiem for euro and usd also

there is no market ever where the price will not change forever, unless there is no demand and supply, and the price is issued and fixed by one entity
coinzat

Activity: 434

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 04:38:43 PM

do you really care for they normal daily price movement ?
 bitcoin can go down in one normal day more than this percentage. so you can not build any argument on this market movement
Khana

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 04:40:17 PM

Price is growing up slowly.
BitsandBites

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 08:48:51 AM

This is always happening with the price, out of no where the price goes up 20 Dollars and then short after that the price is down 20 Dollars. So do not be shocked when you see this happening more often.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: